• May 11th, 2021 1:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3165 posts
232 upvotes
Wasaga Beach
I dunno if I like them...they have a bit of a cotton candy flavor to me, but I get notes of floral which are much stronger. Almost like eating potpourri...
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17422 posts
12772 upvotes
Toronto
In this week's Fortinos ($5.99/lb) and Metro ($4.99/lb) flyers

Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5317 posts
3943 upvotes
Milton, ON.
I tried some. No idea what the big deal is. Would much rather spend that money on cherries that are starting to come in.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
3228 posts
499 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote: I tried some. No idea what the big deal is. Would much rather spend that money on cherries that are starting to come in.
Agreed. When I tried them, my reaction to the first grape was “Mmmm, this does taste kind of like cotton candy”, but my reaction to the second (and every subsequent) grape was “Wow, these are just sickeningly sweet”. There’s just too much one-note going on for me with these, when there’s no hint of sour or acidity to balance out the sweet it’s just not enjoyable. To each his own, but I’ll take regular grapes (or cherries) any day.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7057 posts
3367 upvotes
ya this is a try once situation for me as well. Tried it last year, was ok not terribly sweet but also not worth the price. Based on how it was on sale and 2 weeks later they still couldn't clear it, a lot of people thought the same thing as myself.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2535 upvotes
Markham, ON
....Costco had it for a week...then gone

my daughter was a fan...now back to the old table grapes ....not that happy haha
Feb 16, 2016
937 posts
494 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario
Bought a bag yesterday at Metro here in Casselman. About 12 bags left and they were selling left and right. Not the cleanest/nicest looking grapes but boy oh boy are they good! They were super expensive as well...
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17422 posts
12772 upvotes
Toronto
Organic Cotton Candy grapes in next week's Metro flyer $5.99/lb (product of Mexico)
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
jenviea wrote: I saw a brand of grapes called Sweet Carnival in Loblaws today
Seems like it might be another version of cotton candy flavoured grapes (but I suppose there are other "sweet carnival treats" that aren't cotton candy

https://www.andnowuknow.com/whats-store ... erer/69904
It's just a variety of green grapes. Similar to Sweet Celebration, which is one of the red seedless varieties they offer. I like both. They have one called Pristine (green grape) that is a lot more sour...I only bought that once. I actually don't like cotton candy grapes.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17422 posts
12772 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: 3.99/lb - 4.99lb at Asian supermarket.
booblehead wrote: 1.99 -2.99 lb in most Asian supermarkets this week
Good to see they're coming down in price

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)