Tags:
None
Nov 9, 2014
23 posts
8 upvotes
Alberta
georvu wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 11:56 pm
My memo said 22% but that is probably due to USD exchange rate so yeah we must have received same email from Mr. Maarkt Tymer :)
Ah man I cannot tell if serious lol. I just know my TDEseries portfolio gains have plunged quite a bit this week. Sigh :(

The thought of selling is somewhat tempting though haha.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2268 posts
369 upvotes
GucciCharms wrote:
Jun 16th, 2017 1:57 am
Ah man I cannot tell if serious lol. I just know my TDEseries portfolio gains have plunged quite a bit this week. Sigh :(

The thought of selling is somewhat tempting though haha.
This is CCP portfolio for TD e series... let it time to work and don't worry about day to day or week to week fluctuations.

Time in mkt more important than timing mkt.
Feb 1, 2012
582 posts
458 upvotes
TORONTO
Dpack22 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 10:17 am

Wait for the summer market crash before you invest more. Should happen in about 18 days. Just be patient.
acekiller wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 3:36 pm

what's this summer market crash about?
Germack wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 9:56 pm
You did not get the memo? Market will correct -30% on July 8th. Better sell everything now and rebuy after.
georvu wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 11:56 pm

My memo said 22% but that is probably due to USD exchange rate so yeah we must have received same email from Mr. Maarkt Tymer :)
The 2016 market crash never happened so the 2017 crash is sure to be HUGE!
pooling-money-buy-index-dips-1999379/
Invest your time actively and your money passively.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2008
5060 posts
1143 upvotes
Toronto
Converted my VTI + VXUS combo to VT today in my RRSP. Ultimate in simplicity and less transactions going ahead, what's not to like. :)
Illegitimi non carborundum
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
1593 posts
491 upvotes
Montreal
ZER0DAY wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 6:51 pm
I read this article which seems interesting. Does it apply to the passive CCP strategy as well?

https://latest.13d.com/has-the-meteoric ... 7200fe5caf
This is a common talking point against index funds, often brought up by active investors. Imo it is just noise. Wake me up when 95% of the total capital of the stock market is held in index funds and I'll worry about it then.

All the people who don't actually know how to value stocks are not making the market efficient, they are just adding random noise. If they opt out of participating and moving to passive index funds, market efficiency doesn't change.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
1593 posts
491 upvotes
Montreal
ksgill wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 8:43 pm
Converted my VTI + VXUS combo to VT today in my RRSP. Ultimate in simplicity and less transactions going ahead, what's not to like. :)
I like it. There is a lot of value in simplicity.
Jan 18, 2014
296 posts
18 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
ksgill wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 8:43 pm
What were your transaction fees?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1155 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
How is passive investing any different that buying a mutual fund. There are mutual funds that are practically the same as a passive portfolio. Yet, the mutual fund is considered, "Active".

If I wasn't in a passive portfolio, I would be in a mutual fund, I don't have the time or knowledge to pick winners on a consistent basis.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2008
5060 posts
1143 upvotes
Toronto
John47 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 1:38 am
What were your transaction fees?
$30 USD. 2 sell transactions and 1 buy transaction at BMO IL. This is an RRSP so no capital gains.
Illegitimi non carborundum
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
2471 posts
61 upvotes
Hi all, looking to start investing using the CCP model. Couple of questions though, since I'm doing it through TDDI, should I stick with E-series or ETF? I'm asking because on the CCP website, it says income over $50k should go with ETFs and I'm in that bracket. I'm looking to invest $100k ($10k TFSA, rest in RRSP/Non-Registered account). The $10k TFSA is the only room I have left for this year.

If for ETF, i'm thinking of going with the Assertive model (25% ZAG, 25% VCN, 50% XAW). Any thoughts or modifications should be done and which should go into RRSP/TFSA/Non-Registered account? I see that there's a lot of difference funds people are buying in this thread so I'm wondering if the listed 3 is the best option? I'm looking to spend CA$ only, rebalance maybe every year due to the higher fees if done through TDDI.

Thanks in advance!
Mar 27, 2011
365 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
Curious, how is everyone's portfolio performance YTD? Experiencing a slight correction?
Mar 10, 2010
835 posts
84 upvotes
gekaizer wrote:
Jun 29th, 2017 1:01 pm
Curious, how is everyone's portfolio performance YTD? Experiencing a slight correction?
It's been correcting for the past week or two. Overall I think I'm still up ~4% on the year, but I don't check very often.
Jun 28, 2017
23 posts
I just started investing on May 19th, so I've taken the brunt of the downward trend the TSX is on since April. Add a few risky moves into AIM and HCG, and I'm down considerably before taking dividends into account. Without dividends I've sunk nearly 4%. With dividends, my losses are nearly 2%. In less than two months...

EDIT: this is not the thread I thought it was... I'm not doing the CCP. I'm doing dividends, as you may have surmised.
Last edited by Ismellofhockey on Jun 29th, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 9, 2014
23 posts
8 upvotes
Alberta
gekaizer wrote:
Jun 29th, 2017 1:01 pm
Getting destroyed. Mind you I only started on the CCP setup back in February 2017, so not very long in comparison to every veteran CCP investor in this thread. All I know is all the gains I earned since February have disappeared recently in the last couple of months. It will probably hurt further tomorrow with today's market issues lol.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

gekaizer