Shopping Discussion

Which courier is by far the worst in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2018 9:39 am

Poll: Which is the WORST?

• Total votes: 145. You have voted on this poll.
Canada Post

10%
Fedex

9%
DHL

13%
UPS

30%
Purolator

25%
Canpar

6%
Other

8%
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3193 posts
780 upvotes
Parry Sound

Which courier is by far the worst in Canada?

I see a lot of hate for CP but I've had no problems whatsoever with both CP and Purolator.

UPS is hands down the worst.. at least in my area.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
37 replies
Mar 7, 2017
473 posts
124 upvotes
Ham, ON
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 4:42 pm
I see a lot of hate for CP but I've had no problems whatsoever with both CP and Purolator.

UPS is hands down the worst.. at least in my area.
I have a note on my Amazon account to never ship with Intelcom again.
I typically have good experiences with Canada Post (I like that sometimes they will leave packages in my mail box instead of on my door step). Also, I like the option to ship to my nearest Canada Post Office for high value items, or just other items that I do not want sitting on my porch.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1627 posts
215 upvotes
Markham
UPS by far. They leave a card saying no answer, but I know damn well they never knocked. It has happened to me too many times that it a joke. Canada Post, never an issue.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3193 posts
780 upvotes
Parry Sound
PCUSER wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 6:09 pm
UPS by far. They leave a card saying no answer, but I know damn well they never knocked. It has happened to me too many times that it a joke.
I've caught them on camera doing this. The delivery guy didn't even take any package out of his truck. He came to the door with the note, stuck it on, and left.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
1792 posts
566 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 6:10 pm
I've caught them on camera doing this. The delivery guy didn't even take any package out of his truck. He came to the door with the note, stuck it on, and left.
Question: have you thought about reporting them, since you have proof?
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Mar 24, 2015
779 posts
200 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
PCUSER wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 6:09 pm
UPS by far. They leave a card saying no answer, but I know damn well they never knocked. It has happened to me too many times that it a joke. Canada Post, never an issue.
Yup same here. I'm home all day and they never knock and just leave a card or leave the package outside. I found a package on my doorstep when I was leaving for work in the morning and when I checked the camera, it was actually delivered the day before at 6pm.

Delivery guy also lie. I once checked the status of a package online and it said "guy picked up parcel". I thought it was delivered to the wrong address but my neighbour confirmed the package was outside by the door.
Last edited by ckay1980 on Apr 16th, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1088 posts
252 upvotes
UPS has been good with package pick-up when I need to return. I think the ones who deliver for Amazon are a bit shady at times.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3193 posts
780 upvotes
Parry Sound
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 6:12 pm
Question: have you thought about reporting them, since you have proof?
Lawsuits cost money. I was fine with them waiving the COD required for customs fees.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1819 posts
582 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
I didn't vote as the only company I've used is Canada Post, and never had an issue with them.
Diversity is Our Burden
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19764 posts
8340 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Dynamex
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1055 posts
171 upvotes
Edmonton
FedEx.

The only courier who did not even come to my house and claims to have delivered the package to front door. I know damn well they didn't come because it's loud when someone walks up the front door, and there weren't even footsteps when it snowed like 1cm.

Even after an internal investigation (which took more than a week), they tell me that the driver did deliver to my front door. What a joke. The seller had to refund me.
Aug 24, 2014
151 posts
124 upvotes
Purolator. No doubt.
I've had relatively good experience with most courier service with a few hiccups here and there but Purolators are the worst.

Speaking from my personal experience,
During 2016 Canada Post strike, Purolator charged people higher shipping cost with no guaranteed date meaning even if you paid extra $30 for express shipping, it would be delivered at same time as low cost ones. Oh and those low ones had 3 weeks backlog. They wouldn't refund/partial refund no matter what. Meanwhile at the same time, UPS, Fedex, and all other couriers met their guaranteed date and refunded everyone if they missed it.
Also, they are the only courier that delivered parcel to a completely different destination. I've had one scheduled to deliver to my personal house but those monkeys managed to drop it off at MemoryExpress store. To make it worse, MemoryExpress signed the parcel even though it was sent under my name under my home address so clearly the driver must have been illiterate. Luckily, their tracking number page showed the sender's address, my home's address and "delivered to Mem.Ex" Description otherwise it would have been claimed lost due to their incompetency. Good thing MemoryExpress was nice enough to keep the product unopened and returned it to me without hassle. So props to them.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31120 posts
5880 upvotes
Ottawa
DealFixation wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 4:46 pm
I have a note on my Amazon account to never ship with Intelcom again.
I typically have good experiences with Canada Post (I like that sometimes they will leave packages in my mail box instead of on my door step). Also, I like the option to ship to my nearest Canada Post Office for high value items, or just other items that I do not want sitting on my porch.
Amazon has gotten the word. My latest delivery by them was late and untrackable so I called Amazon. They told me they are unfortunately in a position of having to complete the contract with them but the number of complaints will ensure they do not get renewed.
In the 21st Century deleting history has become far more important than making it. Anonymous
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
23210 posts
9663 upvotes
Ottawa
From a residential perspective, CP is the worst for me.
Everything is left on the front porch, despite having a community mailbox that can be used for small to medium parcels.