Shopping Discussion

Which courier is by far the worst in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2018 9:39 am

Poll: Which is the WORST?

• Total votes: 145. You have voted on this poll.
Canada Post

10%
Fedex

9%
DHL

13%
UPS

30%
Purolator

25%
Canpar

6%
Other

8%
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
3058 posts
2566 upvotes
Vancouver
DareTo wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 4:33 am
If the specific fedex service you bought had a guaranteed delivery date, you can at least get your $90 back by contacting them.
Oh yes, I've applied for my refund. But I was happy to pay $90 for guaranteed delivery to my recipient in Europe within 72 hours. 81 hours later it hasn't even left Vancouver yet? I'll take the refund and go elsewhere next time.
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
Dec 25, 2017
476 posts
405 upvotes
Had experiences getting goods delivered by Canada Post, UPS, Purolator, and Amazon's Logistics.

Canada Post - Domestic packages are okay, typically show up on time, haven't had anything show up early but may show up a day late. International packages really pisses me off because it gets stuck at customs and stays there until who knows when...
UPS - Decent, haven't ran into a issue, either on time or a day early. Delivers according to plan without a hitch.
Amazon Logistics - Used to send me packages very early (delivered within three days even with free standard shipping) but now still early, typically a few days early. Had a few late or not delivered but Amazon fixes it up quickly by sending via same/one day shipping and $5 credit.
Purolator - Hate them. Half the time the package shows up late for no apparent reason however I do wonder if it's Amazon's fault because whenever Amazon sends me stuff via Purolator, it typically ends up late or something like that....

They are tolerable, aside from CP's international inbound mail, but my preference would be Amazon Logistics for Amazon stuff (since 80% of the time it shows up early but the last 20% is either late or never shows up. There's no middle...) and UPS for everything else but companies seem to like to ship with CP because it's cheap which isn't too bad with domestic packages.
Sep 6, 2016
488 posts
178 upvotes
Just call UPS and they cannot to correct their mistake like usually
UPS is the worst
Public Mobile $110/12GB forever!
Nov 24, 2017
53 posts
13 upvotes
Was concerned about a Purolator delivery last week after reading this thread. I contacted James at customer.care@purolator.com who immediately ensured that the courier would deliver on time and without any problems and it was. That was my first experience but I wouldn't hesitate to use them again especially if James remains in their customer care department!
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
12917 posts
3313 upvotes
Montreal
UPS by a country mile and if you voted for anyone else, I can only assume it's because you have never received a UPS package.

DH Hell is a distant second.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5613 posts
1262 upvotes
Mississauga
Amazon is the worst.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5199 posts
1459 upvotes
Space
We need a new poll on whose the best. The best for me has been Canada Post. The worst is a tie between DHL/Canpar
Nov 27, 2014
4 posts
Toronto
Yup, putting mine down for Canpar. Had a Canada Computer delivery set for yesterday. Nothing all day, woke up this morning to the tracking page saying they attempted delivery at 10pm. Looked around for a "missed you" card, nothing near my door or in the lobby. Called them first thing, was told that the vans had already left with the day's packages, that they already did their one delivery attempt, and, moreover, they have a photo proving that a card was left. I asked them for the photo, they sent it and it is obviously a photo of a card that was taken sitting on the fake leather of a car dashboard. So I have to go to Etobicoke (not going to happen as I live in downtown Toronto and don't have a car) to pick up my package or they send it back to Canada Computers, where I will be refunded the cost of the item, but not the shipping. I'm absolutely furious at the moment, and suspect I will be for a while. Apparently Canada Computers can do nothing and, because the item I bought is no longer on sale, I lose out on that too.