• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2017 4:04 pm
Tags:
Dec 20, 2009
332 posts
65 upvotes
Mississauga

Coverage

Which one of the smaller cell phone service providers has the best coverage and most reliable service?
Last edited by Bronson Charley on Dec 21st, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2392 posts
17569 upvotes
Given you're in Mississauga, there are only 3 cell phone networks available.

1) Rogers
2) TELUS/Bell
3) Freedom

All other brands run off these networks, including the "smaller guys". Fido & Chatr are Rogers, Koodo, Virgin, PC Mobile all run on TELUS/Bell.
Jun 5, 2016
608 posts
804 upvotes
Leverage wrote: Given you're in Mississauga, there are only 3 cell phone networks available.

1) Rogers
2) TELUS/Bell
3) Freedom

All other brands run off these networks, including the "smaller guys". Fido & Chatr are Rogers, Koodo, Virgin, PC Mobile all run on TELUS/Bell.
Additionally, Freedom is the only brand on the Freedom network. Any other brand will be on the Rogers or Telus/Bell network.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Bronson Charley wrote: Which one of the smaller cell phone service providers has the best coverage and most reliable service?
Depends where you are? and where you spend most of your time.
1. Robelus and sub brand
2. Freedom Mobile
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Dec 20, 2009
332 posts
65 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks.

I spend most of my time in Toronto downtown and also in Mississauga south.

I used Chatr, Wind and Mobilicity few years ago but their Internet was slow. I then used Fido and Koodo and I like their service in terms of good coverage and faster internet.Now I am with Koodo for $65 all unlimited with 4 GB.

Is there a better deal out there without sacrificing coverage and internet speed?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
Bronson Charley wrote: I spend most of my time in Toronto downtown and also in Mississauga south.

I used Chatr, Wind and Mobilicity few years ago but their Internet was slow. I then used Fido and Koodo and I like their service in terms of good coverage and faster internet.Now I am with Koodo for $65 all unlimited with 4 GB.

Is there a better deal out there without sacrificing coverage and internet speed?
You just missed the Telus / Bell / Rogers / Koodo / Virgin / Fido deal last week: 10 GB LTE for $60 with unlimited voice and unlimited messaging, and cheap roaming (except for Virgin).

Fido also had the advantage of unlimited data for an hour 5X a month at times of your choosing.

• 5GB of data + 5GB bonus (overages: $7/100MB)
• Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
• Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, US and International numbers
• Fido Roam - http://fido.ca/fidoroam
• Data Bytes (5 hours of free data!) - http://fido.ca/databytes
• Spotify Premium free for 6 months (for new users only)
• Call Display
• Mini Voicemail
• Call Waiting

I suggest looking again on Boxing Day.