CPA Ontario Unofficial Transcripts - Need urgent help

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2017 12:35 am
[OP]
Nov 21, 2013
10 posts
Toronto

CPA Ontario Unofficial Transcripts - Need urgent help

Hi, I go to UofT and I am currently trying to register for CPA PEP in November. I paid the transcript assessment fee and submitted my unofficial transcripts (from UofT ACORN Complete Academic History) to CPA Ontario weeks ago. I received an email saying my unofficial transcripts are missing. I am not sure what to do. I am still in my final semester so unofficial transcripts should be allowed as per their instructions. Anyone had any issues?
3 replies
Deal Addict
May 23, 2010
1737 posts
253 upvotes
Unfortunately, the CPA Ontario administration is pretty messy. It's normal to get these emails. Due to the poor response rates and unreliable service, just resend another batch of unofficial transcripts.

Sometime in late 2015, I sent my official transcripts to CPA and they requested another one as they clearly lost my copy. As a result, I had to pay another processing fee to my university twice. I remember following up with a rep after sending the second copy via my university. She claimed the latest status on her screen relates to my first transcript submission. She then transferred me to the transcript assessment department only to hit the voicemail with no callback. They eventually assessed my second submission even though they made errors which took a longer time to rectify.
[OP]
Nov 21, 2013
10 posts
Toronto
Thanks for getting back to me.

I agree. I am shocked that they don't have a direct number to reach to transcript team directly. Each email response takes about 5 business days and with deadlines, there is no time to communicate either. I will resend the transcripts then from the campus and pay the processing fee.
Mar 4, 2010
379 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
it took me about a dozen calls over a week and constant emails for them to get my transcript assessed in time for a course. It was incredibly frustrating but in the end i dealt with a transcript manager. They don't really care about students or the professionals as they take the dues and try to minimize cost as much as possible. its very disappointing