Tags:
[OP]
Nov 23, 2010
819 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
ToDealHunter wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 5:53 pm
$1000 for the Air sense 10 in Ontario doesnt sound right either.

In Ontario OHIP covers most part of the machine and you should be paying max $250 out of your pocket for the newest Resmed Air sense 10.

What happen is most of the places are ripping off people with sleep disorders selling overprice "combos" or "bundles" with your machine.

You should be paying $250 for the machine AND they should give you a generic mask with the machine. Most of the accessories are a money grab.

Optional beside the machine is the heat tube and a better mask. The mask is a personal choice depends of the way you sleep, the shape of your face and how sensitive are your nostrils. Buy the mask from a store that have 30 days refund or exchance policy until you find the mask that is appropiate for you..

If you getting a skin rash try changing the humidifier settings until you find your sweet spot.

Never get the destill water from cpap stores as is everything else overprice, instead get it from Walmart or other cheap place.

Finally, feeling tired or drowsy maybe means your not using the correct pressure. Bring the machine to your sleep disorder doctor asap.
Yes you are correct, in Ontario we are subsidized and I was covered for the remainder through my benefits.

Maybe I should have clarified that I did not pay $1000~ out of pocket, but that was approximately the cost of the machine before any benefits and subsidies.

I was replying to this quote
DavidY wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 10:33 am
How much was your Resmed Air Sense 10? My Respiratory Tech said $1700-$2500...Resmed 10 would probably be at the higher end. Seen Canadian online dealers sell for $800+....same brand and model. :o
And this poster is in Alberta, so I am not sure if they have the same subsidies, hence I just replied with the full cost of the machine approximately before any benefits/subsidies
Feb 10, 2010
932 posts
386 upvotes
Ajax, ON
DavidY wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 9:34 am
Still feeling groggy each morning since Thursday. Also, having vertigo and balance issues each morning. Getting a rash under each nostril with the P10 nose mask (since the 2nd night).

Asking my tech if a different nose mask (N20) would work better.

Dave
If you keep feelng groggy it maybe means nose mask are not for you.

If nose mask are not for you the mask I highly recommend is the Resmed Mirage Activa LT, this mask seals really good.

OP how you like your resmed Air Sense 10? How often you have to add water into the humidifier chamber?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6852 posts
714 upvotes
Alberta
ToDealHunter wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 8:31 pm

If nose mask are not for you the mask I highly recommend is the Resmed Mirage Activa LT, this mask seals really good.

OP how you like your resmed Air Sense 10? How often you have to add water into the humidifier chamber?
Neutral on Air Sense 10 so far. After four days of trial use, I usually wake up a few times each night. I sometimes hear the machine running during the night. As for the humidifier, as recommended by my sleep clinician, I fill to the max water level before I sleep and dump the remainder in the morning....guessing 20% is left each morning.
Last edited by DavidY on Feb 5th, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2010
819 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
ToDealHunter wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 8:31 pm

Its my first machine, so I have no real basis of comparison but so far no complaints.

I have to refill my chamber about once every 2 days?
Feb 10, 2010
932 posts
386 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Yes same, air sense 10 use the water too fast, that is what I dont like from the machine, changing every 2 days the chamber.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6852 posts
714 upvotes
Alberta
The P10 with nasal pillows has been ditched since it caused sores under my nose. N20 didn't fit me. Currently, using a F&P Eson2 nasal mask....my initial thought is I don't like the headgear with it.

Dave
[OP]
Nov 23, 2010
819 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
DavidY wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 9:57 am
The P10 with nasal pillows has been ditched since it caused sores under my nose. N20 didn't fit me. Currently, using a F&P Eson2 nasal mask....my initial thought is I don't like the headgear with it.

Dave
I hope you find a mask that is comfortable

It took me a while with the P10 but I finally got used to it. I still have my nights where I dont use it due to nasal congestion but its been worth doing CPAP thus far

Just dont get this mask!

Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6852 posts
714 upvotes
Alberta
Benefit plan covers the CPAP machine and masks every 6 months...no deductible. :) Now trying our Philips Wisp nasal mask..no head gear over the eyes.

Dave