• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 2:15 pm
[OP]
Nov 22, 2016
55 posts
3 upvotes

CRA Audit Hiring Expo

Hello Guys,

I know there are a few threads on CRA job process selections but I am wondering if anyone attended the Audit Hiring Expos recently. I attended the one in downtown Toronto on October 26 this year. I received a conditional AU-01 offer based on education, references, security clearance.

So far they have checked the education and a pool seems to be established (expiring April 2017). I was thinking since busy season for tax is starting soon , they would be rushing to hire a few Tax Auditors.

Has anyone gotten pulled from that pool?
30 replies
Jun 25, 2011
279 posts
101 upvotes
Alberta
Good for you for getting AU1 offer. By the way tax season has nothing to with audit. Audit is year round job with no implication of if it is tax season or not. However if you are applying for call centre job then CRA typically hire people for tax season.
Dec 26, 2016
9 posts
mannyafzal wrote:
Dec 6th, 2016 2:35 pm
Hello Guys,

I know there are a few threads on CRA job process selections but I am wondering if anyone attended the Audit Hiring Expos recently. I attended the one in downtown Toronto on October 26 this year. I received a conditional AU-01 offer based on education, references, security clearance.

So far they have checked the education and a pool seems to be established (expiring April 2017). I was thinking since busy season for tax is starting soon , they would be rushing to hire a few Tax Auditors.

Has anyone gotten pulled from that pool?
Hi mannyafzal,

Thank you for starting this thread, I have got similar offer same day Oct 26, got education verification e-mail, then no news, same as you, lets keep updated.

Happy Holidays!
[OP]
Nov 22, 2016
55 posts
3 upvotes
mapleleaftoronto wrote:
Dec 27th, 2016 1:10 pm
Hi mannyafzal,

Thank you for starting this thread, I have got similar offer same day Oct 26, got education verification e-mail, then no news, same as you, lets keep updated.

Happy Holidays!
Will do! Good to know someone else in the same situation!

Happy holidays to you as well!
Jan 19, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
Hi mannyafzal, mapleleaftoronto,
Thank you all for starting this thread, I have got similar offer same day Sept 7, got education verification e-mail, then no news, same as you people, lets keep updated.
Apr 6, 2009
109 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I was placed in the AU3 pool. Still no word :S

Have you guys heard anything over the last month? I believe the pool expires in April 2017
[OP]
Nov 22, 2016
55 posts
3 upvotes
Hey i think theyre going to wait for the new budget before extending any offers. The year end for federal departments is in March so im guessing early April they will get in touch.

I work for the federal government right now and our department froze all hiring and postponed all start dates to April 2 for new employees.

My 2 cents.

Best of luck guys!
[OP]
Nov 22, 2016
55 posts
3 upvotes
nope, still waiting. Most frustrating hiring process ever.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
2394 posts
974 upvotes
Hate to break it to you guys but if you haven't been given an offer already I wouldn't hold your breath. They do establish pools even if they only have one or two positions or sometimes even just in case they have positions. From what I've heard from my friends at CRA tbey established some pools and that won't have anyone hires from. Kind of like they may have established pools at different levels but don't have positions for all the levels.

There were also many internal applications to the expo and they are likely to get a promotion before you get hired.
[OP]
Nov 22, 2016
55 posts
3 upvotes
Momof3cuties wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 8:44 pm
Hate to break it to you guys but if you haven't been given an offer already I wouldn't hold your breath. They do establish pools even if they only have one or two positions or sometimes even just in case they have positions. From what I've heard from my friends at CRA tbey established some pools and that won't have anyone hires from. Kind of like they may have established pools at different levels but don't have positions for all the levels.

There were also many internal applications to the expo and they are likely to get a promotion before you get hired.
Not necessarily - from my experience with CRA - they like to extend dates for the pool too if they're unable to hire at that time. Anywhoo not waiting on just this pool but it is still possible to get offers post-budget release.
Apr 6, 2009
109 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Budget is out: The budget commits $523 million over five years to crack down on tax evasion and improved tax compliance. - There is a chance......
Apr 6, 2009
109 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
mapleleaftoronto wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 11:01 pm
pool is expiring this month, any update ?
I haven't heard anything (AU-3). Based on what I have read so far on RFD, one of two things will happen:

1) Extend the duration of the pool or
2) It expires and we all have to go through the same process again when it comes up.

I am inclined to think that the latter will occur, not based on facts, just a hunch.