Careers

CRA job selection pool of qualified candidates

Dec 28, 2010
650 posts
298 upvotes
I did my writing skills test yesterday afternoon (for SP-004) and already have the results. I felt I failed big time but had a score of 84. Can I assume this is the final score, this was all concluded within 12 hours time frame... ?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3401 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
how are the benefits for call center agents? do they get benefits or is there a probation period?
Dec 28, 2008
31 posts
6 upvotes
If you are a term I believe you need to have a contract of at least 6 months and then you can apply for benefits after 3 months.
May 11, 2017
65 posts
4 upvotes
Correct. 6 months then you can apply and it takes another 3 months.

Best place to work at though. Get in all the processes, do good and you have a job all year.
Jan 12, 2018
4 posts
VESTEGAARD wrote: I did my writing skills test yesterday afternoon (for SP-004) and already have the results. I felt I failed big time but had a score of 84. Can I assume this is the final score, this was all concluded within 12 hours time frame... ?
Hello Vestegaard
I also applied for the same job and i pass the test with 68 marks with level two in writing skills test. I got 14 in TOR 373. how much is your score in Test of Reasoning 373?
May 30, 2013
1 posts
MISSISSAUGA
I think they've done all the hiring for sp-04- personal line for hamilton, one class started on jan 11th, next is starting jan 18th
Dec 28, 2010
650 posts
298 upvotes
bhullarjutt wrote: Hello Vestegaard
I also applied for the same job and i pass the test with 68 marks with level two in writing skills test. I got 14 in TOR 373. how much is your score in Test of Reasoning 373?
Did you pull this information from the CRA website? It gave me my score but no breakdown.
Jan 12, 2018
4 posts
VESTEGAARD wrote: Did you pull this information from the CRA website? It gave me my score but no breakdown.
if you are asking about Level then it shows on the result tab in the first section.
How much was your score in Test of Reasoning, you must have received the result email?
Sep 27, 2010
12 posts
3 upvotes
Alberta
I am external to the CRA. I got an offer at the CRA in Criminal Investigations at the AU-03 level. I am an income tax professional, however. I do want to eventually move into a more income tax role at the CRA (e.g., aggressive tax planning, international tax audit, etc). Unfortunately, there are no other suitable AU-03 positions to apply to at this time.

How easy is it to move from Criminal Investigations to the other above mentioned areas? I heard Criminal Investigations may be "dead end".
Sep 27, 2010
12 posts
3 upvotes
Alberta
As a person who is external to the CRA, am I able to view the internal postings? Are the "internal" postings actually those that are posted on the CRA website, but say "Open to CRA employees only"? Or are there even more "internal" postings out there that I can't view as a member of the public?
Dec 28, 2010
650 posts
298 upvotes
bhullarjutt wrote: if you are asking about Level then it shows on the result tab in the first section.
How much was your score in Test of Reasoning, you must have received the result email?
No there was no break down in the results tab. But that's okay, I passed the test and got an invite for SP05- Ability to communicate in writing which I completed. Not expecting a reply any time soon LOL
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1811 posts
2410 upvotes
BC
jhe213 wrote: How easy is it to move from Criminal Investigations to the other above mentioned areas? I heard Criminal Investigations may be "dead end".
That will all depend upon your previous tax knowledge, experience, etc. as you will be in competition with all other AU2s and AU3s as you normally do not get to lateral over to another Au-3 job, simply because you hold another AU-3 position.

Criminal Investigation is very detailed and procedural as you are building a case for a Criminal proceeding and making sure evidence obtained will be admissible. It is not similar to working like a normal auditor as your powers and procedures as an investigator are different from that as auditor. The experience obtained may not be translatable when transferring out of Investigations. When I was still with CRA, we found that auditors who spend too long a time in Investigations lose their audit skills and find them less capable when tested on selection boards.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1811 posts
2410 upvotes
BC
jhe213 wrote: As a person who is external to the CRA, am I able to view the internal postings? Are the "internal" postings actually those that are posted on the CRA website, but say "Open to CRA employees only"? Or are there even more "internal" postings out there that I can't view as a member of the public?
Internal only postings are posted on the CRA internal website that is not accessible to the public. Only those that are open to both Internal and external are posted outside on the public website.
Jan 16, 2018
2 posts
Hi everybody! After I passed my two written exams of the CRA for a bilingual taxpayers agent, I received the security checks forms to fill out and my fingerprints were taken before I do the oral test. Does that man I'm qualified for the pool even before I do the oral exam? Thanks
Dec 28, 2008
31 posts
6 upvotes
No. You've qualified for the pool when you receive a letter stating you've qualified for the pool.
Jan 16, 2018
2 posts
Thank you.
I thought that like many hiring process, security check is the final step. So the CRA do security check for a candidate even though they are not sure he will pass all the tests?
Sep 4, 2017
7 posts
They also need to do reference check.

They may do it before putting you in a pool, or when offering you a position.
amad10 wrote: Thank you.
I thought that like many hiring process, security check is the final step. So the CRA do security check for a candidate even though they are not sure he will pass all the tests?
May 11, 2017
65 posts
4 upvotes
They do not always tell you, you are in the pool. Sometimes it just says in process and stays that way. As long as you passed the test, got an interview or had a request for your references, it is a good sign.

They did not do all the hiring for SP04. They trained SP04s that were internal already to learn more new cases. Feb 12 I believe is the hiring dates for some pools.
Aug 3, 2017
7 posts
Anyone who is in the Au1 pool for kelowna/penticton? The pool is expiring on April 12 but haven't heard anything yet. Pool started end of October last yr. Any thoughts/comments are appreciated. Thanks

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (6 members and 2 guests)

lightbutterfly, chopsaur8303, Roop909, Pinku25, Amctoc02, Lynnber