• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 6:02 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 5, 2017
7 posts
Liana37 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 7:45 pm
Anyone who is on the pool for employer compliance auditor? Been in this pool since May and I haven't heard any update yet. It's for the prairie region. Appreciate any info. Thanks.
I'm in that pool since June as well but no further information yet. Have you got feedback on your security check, how was it?
Aug 3, 2017
2 posts
@crajos- thanks for your response. I didn't have to do security clearance again as my previous one is still valid. Been working at cra for quite sometime now but for diff position. I was told during the interview that it will be for June hiring but I'm still on the pool.
Aug 5, 2017
7 posts
@Liana37 I believe you could inquire directly from the manager about the status of the employment because I was told in one of the interviews that they can only give feedback to internal candidates. It's over 2 months now that I did my security clearance and no response yet, although I lived outside Canada for long hence I expected a delay. How long did your security check take when you did it? Did they inform you about the result?
Aug 5, 2017
1 posts
cracandidate wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 8:02 pm
I received notice today that I'm in the pool. One of my colleagues received an offer for the TSO yesterday. Have you heard anything?
I got into the reposting sp 4 pool same day as well. I think most of the candidate got into the pool in the same day. Did your colleague in the same reposting sp04 process and same requisition number?
Aug 1, 2017
38 posts
3 upvotes
Hey guys,

How are the promotions established in the CRA ? Are you evaluated every year ? How long would it take to reach AU6 for example ?
Jun 25, 2011
279 posts
101 upvotes
Alberta
Eric0001 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 4:47 pm
Hey guys,

How are the promotions established in the CRA ? Are you evaluated every year ? How long would it take to reach AU6 for example ?
LOL.. Not sure if you are serious. You will have a higher chance of becoming a PM of Canada than becoming AU6 with CRA. Even if you are chosen one, you are looking minimum 20 years of service unless you are exceptionally lucky and in good repo with top management.
Aug 1, 2017
38 posts
3 upvotes
Wow it's that hard ? Neutral Face
Where are the AU6 or the execs coming from then ?
Jun 25, 2011
279 posts
101 upvotes
Alberta
Eric0001 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 6:44 pm
Wow it's that hard ? Neutral Face
Where are the AU6 or the execs coming from then ?
Not all tax centres have AU06 as most of the higher positions goes to MG level. Some TSO have AU6 but they don't have more than one position for AU06. At AU level most people achieve AU4 before they have to go through MG route to become a Manager or Large case team leaders.
Aug 1, 2017
38 posts
3 upvotes
albertaguy wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 10:37 pm
Not all tax centres have AU06 as most of the higher positions goes to MG level. Some TSO have AU6 but they don't have more than one position for AU06. At AU level most people achieve AU4 before they have to go through MG route to become a Manager or Large case team leaders.
Thanks for the clarifications
You necessarily need to start at the CRA from the bottom and climb your up for those positions ? Where could you land in the CRA after 5-8 years in the private sector ?
What about top management ? Who typically fills those positions ?
Jul 24, 2013
65 posts
12 upvotes
Arviat
Eric0001 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 10:34 am
Thanks for the clarifications
You necessarily need to start at the CRA from the bottom and climb your up for those positions ? Where could you land in the CRA after 5-8 years in the private sector ?
What about top management ? Who typically fills those positions ?
EX positions are CRA can be filled by CRA applicants, but you also see a fair bit of mobility in the EX group from other GoC agencies/depts.

Right now the biggest indicator of your career progression at CRA will be your office and entry route. PSR Student Entry is the most mobile/stable.

Going in as a SP and hoping to move up to MG or EX in the GTA is going to be a highly difficult route.
May 11, 2017
21 posts
2 upvotes
SP03- Assessment Processing Clerk

Honestly all the negative review about SP03 was wrong. Well, at least for Assessors. Our work is actually fun and its not really repetative. All of the managers and team leaders are nice. Once you get in, you have a good chance of being there for a long time. They treat employees right.
Last edited by FrancisC708231 on Aug 10th, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 11, 2017
21 posts
2 upvotes
If you have good qualifications and meet the assets required, you likely get a call for an interview and a possible offer. If you apply with bare minimum requirements, it is harder to get in obviously. It took me 3.5 months since the close date and it was well worth the wait.
Feb 26, 2017
13 posts
1 upvote
okerusi25 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 4:11 pm
The one I did was for a different location. There is a form which asks whether I have been screened in the past. So I will complete it. Just don't know if I should submit by email or what to drop it at a CRA location
Just wanted to let you know I accepted an offer yesterday!
Jul 2, 2017
19 posts
cracandidate wrote:
Aug 20th, 2017 1:20 am
Just wanted to let you know I accepted an offer yesterday!
Congrats on your job offer. How long is the term position? just checked my CRA account and saw I had a new message to complete a questionnaire. I would normally get an email update that I received a message but this time around I did not. Luckily the deadline is tomorrow
Feb 26, 2017
13 posts
1 upvote
okerusi25 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2017 8:49 am
Congrats on your job offer. How long is the term position? just checked my CRA account and saw I had a new message to complete a questionnaire. I would normally get an email update that I received a message but this time around I did not. Luckily the deadline is tomorrow
I had the same issue! After I got off the phone I checked my account and saw I had the same questionnaire. The term is 7 months. Maybe you'll get the same one. Good luck!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)