• Nov 20th, 2017 6:02 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 6, 2007
60 posts
20 upvotes
crajos wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 8:20 pm
@Liana37 I believe you could inquire directly from the manager about the status of the employment because I was told in one of the interviews that they can only give feedback to internal candidates. It's over 2 months now that I did my security clearance and no response yet, although I lived outside Canada for long hence I expected a delay. How long did your security check take when you did it? Did they inform you about the result?
A family member of mine had her security check done in November and was in the pool since January of this year and only got a job offer mid July (which she declined since they wouldn't let her work outside of Ottawa). They did not explicitly inform her if she passed clearance but informed her she was put in the pool in January, which implied that she passed clearance.
Aug 5, 2017
7 posts
I'm placed in the SP04 pool just for 2 months when security clearance takes more than 3 months, can somebody explain why they make the pool for 2 months only?
Aug 27, 2017
4 posts
Has anyone been contacted regarding a pool for the SP05 application in Surrey / Vancouver back in July?

My timeline so far:
Early July: applied
Late July: assessment done
Mid August: interviewed and fingerprinted
Edit: late August, received offer, 7 month contract

References have not yet been contacted. Would appreciate any insight!
Last edited by Username868 on Aug 28th, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 28, 2012
67 posts
14 upvotes
British Columbia
How bad of an idea would it be to accept an audit position on sunset funding? I'm a term employee.
Mar 20, 2017
3 posts
Accepted an offer for a 7 month term with CRA SP04 recently in WPG. Applied in April 2017. Actually read all 27 pages of this thread the day before getting the offer and it appeared for every person that got an offer, 10 others were in a pool/inventory. Good luck to all those who are still waiting.
Jul 2, 2017
19 posts
coolguy1812 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 2:09 pm
Accepted an offer for a 7 month term with CRA SP04 recently in WPG. Applied in April 2017. Actually read all 27 pages of this thread the day before getting the offer and it appeared for every person that got an offer, 10 others were in a pool/inventory. Good luck to all those who are still waiting.
Congrats. When does your contract begin?
Aug 5, 2017
7 posts
coolguy1812 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 2:09 pm
Congratulations! I got that offer last week but had to decline because I have an exam coming mid September and the manager said resumption for training start Sept. 5. Meanwhile the pool is just for 2 months. I wonder how that works and how did you know 10 others were in the pool?
Jul 2, 2017
19 posts
Good morning,

I also received an offer for SP04 for Winnipeg for evening shift 4pm to 12am
Jul 2, 2017
19 posts
Hello,

for those who received offers for Winnipeg, do you know of any apartments close by for rent?

Thanks. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Mar 2, 2013
364 posts
25 upvotes
Langley
Aleate wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 8:20 pm
How bad of an idea would it be to accept an audit position on sunset funding? I'm a term employee.
Employees under sunset funding will never get permanent position. How did you find out you were under sunset funding?
Aug 28, 2012
67 posts
14 upvotes
British Columbia
Parm485 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 1:27 am
Employees under sunset funding will never get permanent position. How did you find out you were under sunset funding?
I asked.
Sep 4, 2017
6 posts
Parm485 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 1:25 am
I applied and got the offer last week
Congratulations!
May I ask if it is a term or perm position?
I was surprised that the pool was formed rather quickly.
Thanks.
Sep 4, 2017
6 posts
Username868 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 2:49 pm
Has anyone been contacted regarding a pool for the SP05 application in Surrey / Vancouver back in July?

My timeline so far:
Early July: applied
Late July: assessment done
Mid August: interviewed and fingerprinted

References have not yet been contacted. Would appreciate any insight!
Aug 30: Got the confirmation that I was put in the pool, which expires Aug 31, 2018.
Aug 27, 2017
4 posts
UserCCC wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 2:30 pm
Congratulations!
May I ask if it is a term or perm position?
I was surprised that the pool was formed rather quickly.
Thanks.
Like Parm485, received offer last week for a 7 month contract.
Aug 27, 2017
4 posts
Parm485 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 1:25 am
I applied and got the offer last week
Congrats! Looks like we'll be coworkers. Have you received any documentation? My offer was over the phone with the docs to follow.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)