• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 6:02 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 4, 2017
6 posts
Username868 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 2:46 pm
Like Parm485, received offer last week for a 7 month contract.
Congratulations!
For GST audit in Surrey, right?
May I ask if you have got your CPA yet?
Thanks.
Jul 5, 2017
27 posts
Hi,

Does anyone know when AU-01 for Ontario will be posted? I am anxiously waiting to apply.
Aug 27, 2017
4 posts
UserCCC wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 3:24 pm
Congratulations!
For GST audit in Surrey, right?
May I ask if you have got your CPA yet?
Thanks.
Thanks! I'm not sure since I haven't received the official paperwork yet (accepted over phone) but from the call I was told they are hiring for GST and income tax. Pretty far away from my CPA, just finishing up CPA PREP.
Last edited by Username868 on Sep 5th, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 5, 2017
27 posts
Username868 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 3:35 pm
Thanks! I'm not sure since I haven't received the official paperwork yet (accepted over phone) but from the call I was told they are hiring for GST and income tax. Pretty far away from my CPA, just finishing up CPA PREP.
Hey around what time did you apply?
Sep 4, 2017
6 posts
Username868 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 3:35 pm
I see.
I guess having a CPA in my case didn't help much.
They probably wont offer again until towards end of March.
May 11, 2017
21 posts
2 upvotes
crajos wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 10:23 am
I'm placed in the SP04 pool just for 2 months when security clearance takes more than 3 months, can somebody explain why they make the pool for 2 months only?
Security clearance doesnt take more than 3 months lol. Thats if everythings done by paper. We use electronic at the cra and rcmp takes 2-3 weeks at max likely.
Aug 5, 2017
7 posts
FrancisC708231 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 7:51 pm
Security clearance doesnt take more than 3 months lol. Thats if everythings done by paper. We use electronic at the cra and rcmp takes 2-3 weeks at max likely.
Thanks, it took exactly 3 months to be out.
May 11, 2017
21 posts
2 upvotes
crajos wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 1:57 pm
Thanks, it took exactly 3 months to be out.
I am not sure what you are talking about. Maybe you had a different type of clearance. But I did everything including fingerprints and it did not take that long.

You probably have been mistaken for the delay in the cra updating system or are mistaken for the length of the processing of the cra from when you get interviewed to hired.

It DOES NOT take that long. Being placed in a pool, usually requires security to be cleared first anyhow.

What takes 3 months is usually the date from closing till when you can expect to get hired.

Thanks
Aug 5, 2017
7 posts
FrancisC708231 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 2:08 pm
I am not sure what you are talking about. Maybe you had a different type of clearance. But I did everything including fingerprints and it did not take that long.

You probably have been mistaken for the delay in the cra updating system or are mistaken for the length of the processing of the cra from when you get interviewed to hired.

It DOES NOT take that long. Being placed in a pool, usually requires security to be cleared first anyhow.

What takes 3 months is usually the date from closing till when you can expect to get hired.

Thanks
Well, I'm referring to the security clearance. I didn't get any feedback until somehow an offer was made after 3 months from a second pool I was placed for me to know. I asked the manager and he told me he wouldn't make offer if the clearance isn't good. That was in the 4th month. That's why I guessed it took exactly 3 months as it was paper forms I completed and submitted.
May 11, 2017
21 posts
2 upvotes
crajos wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 2:30 pm
Well, I'm referring to the security clearance. I didn't get any feedback until somehow an offer was made after 3 months from a second pool I was placed for me to know. I asked the manager and he told me he wouldn't make offer if the clearance isn't good. That was in the 4th month. That's why I guessed it took exactly 3 months as it was paper forms I completed and submitted.
Interesting. If you did fingerprints at the cra, it is electronic. They just copy your papers and send them eletronically. Managers might say that, just as a reason but may not be the specific reason.

Also you said you had an exam right? And couldnt accept due to it? If you get an offer next time, talk to them more about it. They usually accomdate it. They did for me! Goodluck.
Aug 5, 2017
7 posts
FrancisC708231 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 2:33 pm
Interesting. If you did fingerprints at the cra, it is electronic. They just copy your papers and send them eletronically. Managers might say that, just as a reason but may not be the specific reason.

Also you said you had an exam right? And couldnt accept due to it? If you get an offer next time, talk to them more about it. They usually accomdate it. They did for me! Goodluck.
I actually called the manager later but he said he had given out the offer and that I actually have to be around during the entire training period and my exam was 3 days. That means perhaps no accommodation.
May 11, 2017
21 posts
2 upvotes
crajos wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 2:47 pm
I actually called the manager later but he said he had given out the offer and that I actually have to be around during the entire training period and my exam was 3 days. That means perhaps no accommodation.
The person who offers you the position usually isnt the manager. If it is SP03 or SP04, I know the managers and they are all pretty nice. I guess it all depends. Goodluck once again!
May 10, 2017
4 posts
Username868 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 2:49 pm
Has anyone been contacted regarding a pool for the SP05 application in Surrey / Vancouver back in July?

My timeline so far:
Early July: applied
Late July: assessment done
Mid August: interviewed and fingerprinted
Edit: late August, received offer, 7 month contract

References have not yet been contacted. Would appreciate any insight!
Hi, which SP5 selection process is this? What's the requisition number of this process?
May 10, 2017
4 posts
UserCCC wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 2:32 pm
Aug 30: Got the confirmation that I was put in the pool, which expires Aug 31, 2018.
Hi, is this the selection process for Sp5 audit positions that requires 1 year accounting experience? Posting came out near end of June?
Sep 4, 2017
6 posts
rockie77 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 12:21 pm
Hi, is this the selection process for Sp5 audit positions that requires 1 year accounting experience? Posting came out near end of June?
Yes.
Requisition Number: 52337797