Careers

CRA job selection pool of qualified candidates

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2018 1:30 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 8, 2018
15 posts
I received a 1 month term offer for SP02 position at the Winnipeg location which is kinda short. I actually accepted the offer yesterday over the phone but I am thinking of calling them back to decline the offer and hoping for a longer term offer.
Jan 11, 2018
17 posts
1 upvote
User784377 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 5:46 am
I received a 1 month term offer for SP02 position at the Winnipeg location which is kinda short. I actually accepted the offer yesterday over the phone but I am thinking of calling them back to decline the offer and hoping for a longer term offer.
hi,how long did they get back to you after finger print? I did finger print 3rd of March for sp03 Winnipeg. They are offering me 3months term. Dunno what to expect from cra
Mar 8, 2018
15 posts
Oh wow I did finger printing in February for sp02 but I also applied for SP03 but I have not heard anything back regarding the 03 since I had the interview mid February. When did they give you the offer? Hoping I get contacted for SP03 soon
Mar 8, 2018
15 posts
sleeky wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 3:34 pm
hi,how long did they get back to you after finger print? I did finger print 3rd of March for sp03 Winnipeg. They are offering me 3months term. Dunno what to expect from cra
Oh wow I did finger printing in February for sp02 but I also applied for SP03 but I have not heard anything back regarding the 03 since I had the interview mid February. When did they give you the offer? Hoping I get contacted for SP03 soon
May 11, 2017
47 posts
4 upvotes
Lol thats the cra. An interview just puts you through the pool so long as you passed it. You could get no call back or it could take weeks. It took me 2 months after the interview to start the term.
Jan 11, 2018
17 posts
1 upvote
User784377 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 1:09 am
hi, it was a conditional offer on the day I went for finger print, the guy told me am to resume 2nd of April which I accepted but no paper works signed to that effect. He said I will be contacted once the result is out.
Jan 11, 2018
17 posts
1 upvote
FrancisC708231 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 12:26 pm
Lol thats the cra. An interview just puts you through the pool so long as you passed it. You could get no call back or it could take weeks. It took me 2 months after the interview to start the term.
hi how long after finger print did they get back to you?
May 11, 2017
47 posts
4 upvotes
Finger printing doesnt mean you are gauranteed a job offer. It just ensures you will be valid in the pool in which they pull people out of. Howevever, roughly 1-2 months. I did the interview and prints the same day.
Jan 11, 2018
17 posts
1 upvote
FrancisC708231 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 2:37 pm
Finger printing doesnt mean you are gauranteed a job offer. It just ensures you will be valid in the pool in which they pull people out of. Howevever, roughly 1-2 months. I did the interview and prints the same day.
Thanks for your response, just wondering why the guy made me sign for the morning shift, gave me the salary break down and said I will get a call once my finger print result is out. Well I guess I will just stick to my current job and if cra gets back to me all well nad good
May 11, 2017
47 posts
4 upvotes
Not sure what that was about. Least it sounds good lol. They did that with me though. Minus the signing part. I did not even do that when I got the call and ended up working there haha. It's a great place though! You most likely will get a call, just a waiting game now. Goodluck! See you around.
Jan 11, 2018
17 posts
1 upvote
FrancisC708231 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 3:02 pm
Not sure what that was about. Least it sounds good lol. They did that with me though. Minus the signing part. I did not even do that when I got the call and ended up working there haha. It's a great place though! You most likely will get a call, just a waiting game now. Goodluck! See you around.
Lol...thanks, hope to see you around soon
Mar 8, 2018
15 posts
sleeky wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 2:31 pm
hi, it was a conditional offer on the day I went for finger print, the guy told me am to resume 2nd of April which I accepted but no paper works signed to that effect. He said I will be contacted once the result is out.

Oh nice, never knew they did that . I wasn't called for fingerprint for the 03 but I did finger print for 02 in February. A couple of my friends who applied to only SP03 did finger print on the 3rd of March and 2 of them got offers over the phone for SP03 last Thursday.
Jan 11, 2018
17 posts
1 upvote
User784377 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 3:15 pm
Oh nice, never knew they did that . I wasn't called for fingerprint for the 03 but I did finger print for 02 in February. A couple of my friends who applied to only SP03 did finger print on the 3rd of March and 2 of them got offers over the phone for SP03 last Thursday.
Yea, I hope i get called too this week, fingers crossed
Nov 7, 2017
55 posts
3 upvotes
CRA finally gave me an update. They want me to sent the result of my GCT1 to them. I guess they don't have the result and only now start to hire?

have anyone work as a general duty clerk? I read it only contract only but is it hard?
May 11, 2017
47 posts
4 upvotes
Is that an sp02 or 3? I dont think thats a specific title. I had something like that but ended up in T1PR being an Assessor.

Most jobs arent hard lol. Its a fun environment imo.