Tags:
None
Sep 18, 2018
26 posts
4 upvotes
Paulina0307 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 8:14 am
Hi Nelizer,

Its extremely hard to say what kind of timeline they used because it differs based upon certain positions. I would believe that you were asked for SIN and DOB so they could perform some type of a check. I had to submit this information before I was even invited to any type of assessment. What process did you apply for? (if you don't mind my asking) Also, don't be too discouraged if some candidates have been chosen already. I have a number of friends who currently work for the CRA, 2 of which applied for the same process ......one was offered employment almost immediately after they were pooled.. the other however was offered employment close to 7 months later. :)
Hello dear,

Am so sorry I was unable to reply this timely. It appeared I am beating more than I can chew.

Thanks for your kind word and encouraging words. I have asked questions and further questions. I applied for Collection Contact officer. It was after my interview that those essential information was collected from me vide the telephone. Anyways, I have moved on with an anticipation that I will be remembered soonest.
Oct 19, 2018
16 posts
Nelizer wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 11:45 am
Hello dear,

Am so sorry I was unable to reply this timely. It appeared I am beating more than I can chew.

Thanks for your kind word and encouraging words. I have asked questions and further questions. I applied for Collection Contact officer. It was after my interview that those essential information was collected from me vide the telephone. Anyways, I have moved on with an anticipation that I will be remembered soonest.
Don't worry :) it is a very long process, I am sure you will hear something very soon. I too am much in your situation. but have not been contacted after they sent me the employment equity questionnaire on Oct 1st. I don't have anyone else to communicate with either who is in the same pool as me, so I have no idea where I stand, or even if they have contacted anyone yet. Tough spot to be in but I do have a full time job.
Oct 19, 2018
16 posts
Hellfire wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 1:25 pm
Invited to attend an open house to learn about future opportunities? What's up with that in response to an application?
Have you done any assessments, or been pooled yet?
Sep 18, 2018
26 posts
4 upvotes
Paulina0307 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 12:26 pm
Don't worry :) it is a very long process, I am sure you will hear something very soon. I too am much in your situation. but have not been contacted after they sent me the employment equity questionnaire on Oct 1st. I don't have anyone else to communicate with either who is in the same pool as me, so I have no idea where I stand, or even if they have contacted anyone yet. Tough spot to be in but I do have a full time job.
Good to hear you have a full time job! It will surely end in praise for us. Which position did you apply for and what is your age blanket.

Regards,

Nelizer
Oct 19, 2018
16 posts
Nelizer wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 12:59 pm
Good to hear you have a full time job! It will surely end in praise for us. Which position did you apply for and what is your age blanket.

Regards,

Nelizer
Applied for SP03 ( Various Clerical Positions) / St Johns Newfoundland, however when my invitation to assessments were sent it said the position was for Assessment Processing Clerk. I literally live a 2 min walk away from the Tax Centre lol, I am 30 years old, you?
Sep 18, 2018
26 posts
4 upvotes
Paulina0307 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 1:37 pm
Applied for SP03 ( Various Clerical Positions) / St Johns Newfoundland, however when my invitation to assessments were sent it said the position was for Assessment Processing Clerk. I literally live a 2 min walk away from the Tax Centre lol, I am 30 years old, you?
I am 45 years old.
Oct 19, 2018
16 posts
Nelizer wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 2:56 pm
I am 45 years old.
Lets keep our fingers crossed. Good things come to those who wait ( and that is pretty evident in federal government) lol. Keep me posted if you get any news :)
Oct 30, 2018
10 posts
Nelizer wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 11:45 am
Hello dear,

Hey Nelizer,

What did you get on your GCT2 test? Do you think possibly the security check might not of turned out well for you?
Sep 18, 2018
26 posts
4 upvotes
Johnny366 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 7:21 pm
Hey Nelizer,

What did you get on your GCT2 test? Do you think possibly the security check might not of turned out well for you?
I did not do any test as I am a highly skilled professional. I attended interview and few days after it my references were checked. As regards security, i have no issues whatsoever with it.

Still believe that age carries a great weight in the pool as regards ranking.
Oct 30, 2018
10 posts
Nelizer wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 7:36 pm
I did not do any test as I am a highly skilled professional. I attended interview and few days after it my references were checked. As regards security, i have no issues whatsoever with it.

Still believe that age carries a great weight in the pool as regards ranking.
Im assuming you applied for SP-04 Collection Contact Officer Position or SP-04 (various positions). In my invitation letter it was stated there would be an interview followed by the GCT2 test if I have not already taken it. As stated earlier by another post CRA ranks candidates by test scores and credentials. Were you not asked in your invitation letter to take any test?
Sep 18, 2018
26 posts
4 upvotes
Johnny366 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 8:40 pm
Im assuming you applied for SP-04 Collection Contact Officer Position or SP-04 (various positions). In my invitation letter it was stated there would be an interview followed by the GCT2 test if I have not already taken it. As stated earlier by another post CRA ranks candidates by test scores and credentials. Were you not asked in your invitation letter to take any test?
Yes, it was for SP-04 Collection Contact Officer Position. I was only interviewed, and few days after the interview date my references were checked. The day I was placed in the pool was same day i got a call requesting for some essential records of mine.

No I was not asked to take a test!

When is your starting date and at what time did you take the test

Kind regards,

Nelizer