• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 8:12 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 10, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
hello

Anyone got any offer for SP-03? And anyone in Pool for SP-02?
Dec 25, 2013
5 posts
Vancouver
Nelizer wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 10:28 pm
Yes, it was for SP-04 Collection Contact Officer Position. I was only interviewed, and few days after the interview date my references were checked. The day I was placed in the pool was same day i got a call requesting for some essential records of mine.

No I was not asked to take a test!

When is your starting date and at what time did you take the test

Kind regards,

Nelizer
Is this in Surrey? If yes, I am in that pool and did the GCT2 prior into getting into the pool. Everyone in our batch was from all ages and different background. But why apply for the pool when you already have a phd? Maybe it was a question of fitness for the job in your case.
Oct 30, 2018
10 posts
Nelizer wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 10:28 pm
Yes, it was for SP-04 Collection Contact Officer Position. I was only interviewed, and few days after the interview date my references were checked. The day I was placed in the pool was same day i got a call requesting for some essential records of mine.

No I was not asked to take a test!

When is your starting date and at what time did you take the test

Kind regards,

Nelizer
Ive already started and my interview/test date was the first or second week of september I think.
Oct 30, 2018
10 posts
sgonzales wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 4:17 pm
Is this in Surrey? If yes, I am in that pool and did the GCT2 prior into getting into the pool. Everyone in our batch was from all ages and different background. But why apply for the pool when you already have a phd? Maybe it was a question of fitness for the job in your case.
Hey what did you get on the gct2 test?
Jul 25, 2018
13 posts
6 upvotes
JohnsJ29393 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 1:03 pm
hello

Anyone got any offer for SP-03? And anyone in Pool for SP-02?
I got the offer for SP-03 starting date for Nov 5, but I declined. It is not the ideal location for me.
Sep 18, 2018
26 posts
4 upvotes
Johnny366 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 4:53 pm
Ive already started and my interview/test date was the first or second week of september I think.
Congratulations , enjoy it. Which day exactly did you got a call requesting for your SIN and D. O.B and when did you get into the pool. Do you mind saying your age please?
Oct 30, 2018
10 posts
Nelizer wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 8:07 pm
Congratulations , enjoy it. Which day exactly did you got a call requesting for your SIN and D. O.B and when did you get into the pool. Do you mind saying your age please?
They never called me. When I called them to accept the offer they then asked for my SIN and D.O.B. I got into the pool a week after my interview. I am 35.
Sep 18, 2018
26 posts
4 upvotes
Congratulations again! I was not asked to take any test. It could be that my working experience is good enough to stand in place of the test. Are you for SP.04 Collection Contact Officer position? I still believe that age has a score in the ranking grid in the pool. Which office did you apply for?
Dec 25, 2013
5 posts
Vancouver
Johnny366 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 4:56 pm
Hey what did you get on the gct2 test?
I got 70. Did you start with Collections already?
Jul 24, 2018
25 posts
3 upvotes
Nelizer wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 9:36 am
Congratulations again! I was not asked to take any test. It could be that my working experience is good enough to stand in place of the test. Are you for SP.04 Collection Contact Officer position? I still believe that age has a score in the ranking grid in the pool. Which office did you apply for?
If you think you were discriminated because of age, then file a complaint. All I can tell you is that, people that were hired the same time as me where from all ages and different backgrounds. All of us took the GCT2 even people who are already CPA. If you have a PHD, maybe apply for a position more fit for you than trying to into the pool. The jobs in the pool is really more clerical in nature.
Sep 18, 2018
26 posts
4 upvotes
sarsicola wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 5:18 pm
If you think you were discriminated because of age, then file a complaint. All I can tell you is that, people that were hired the same time as me where from all ages and different backgrounds. All of us took the GCT2 even people who are already CPA. If you have a PHD, maybe apply for a position more fit for you than trying to into the pool. The jobs in the pool is really more clerical in nature.
Little did I tell you that I was "discriminated because of age". Just like we say each one to his or her own boat so is CRA ranking Pool, as candidates are selected in the order of their ranking in the pool. I am a researcher , if I would have been discriminated because of qualification.....that could have happened earlier before the interview. I couldn't have been invited for the interview at the first time.

I am only of the opinion that candidates between the ages of +or- age 30 are more favourable than those above 40 years of age in the pool. The pool might have some point grid added advantage for ages 25- 29, 30-39. This criteria will soon be ascertained, it might not take time but it will speak for itself.

In your group find out if anyone is above 42years of age, if" yes"...my premesis or argument is faulty.

I have a very good analystical skills , someday it will surely get to me.

Regards,
Jul 24, 2018
25 posts
3 upvotes
Nelizer wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 7:46 pm
Little did I tell you that I was "discriminated because of age". Just like we say each one to his or her own boat so is CRA ranking Pool, as candidates are selected in the order of their ranking in the pool. I am a researcher , if I would have been discriminated because of qualification.....that could have happened earlier before the interview. I couldn't have been invited for the interview at the first time.

I am only of the opinion that candidates between the ages of +or- age 30 are more favourable than those above 40 years of age in the pool. The pool might have some point grid added advantage for ages 25- 29, 30-39. This criteria will soon be ascertained, it might not take time but it will speak for itself.

In your group find out if anyone is above 42years of age, if" yes"...my premesis or argument is faulty.

I have a very good analystical skills , someday it will surely get to me.

Regards,
In a batch of 20, there are 5 that are probably 40+. I'm not that young either. I'm already in my late 30s. But if you choose to believe that CRA gives advantage to younger people then that's okay.

What position did you apply for again?
Sep 18, 2018
26 posts
4 upvotes
sarsicola wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 8:44 pm
In a batch of 20, there are 5 that are probably 40+. I'm not that young either. I'm already in my late 30s. But if you choose to believe that CRA gives advantage to younger people then that's okay.

What position did you apply for again?
Collection Contact Officer SP 04
Nov 5, 2018
1 posts
Hi,
I am also waiting on an offer and currently in pool for Winnipeg location. I’ve been fingerprinted and completed the tests. As per previous posts about age, I’m 42.
Keep us posted for any developments people!