Careers

CRA job selection pool of qualified candidates

Newbie
Oct 19, 2018
16 posts
Has anyone applied for any of the positions posted for St. John’s Newfoundland. ?
Newbie
Nov 6, 2018
0 posts
Has anyone received an offer for SP04 Collection Contact Officer position in Surrey starting date Nov 19th?
Newbie
Aug 25, 2018
7 posts
Had a verbal offer for a TSA position but nothing in writing. Still waiting for a formal offer.
Newbie
Nov 13, 2018
3 posts
4 upvotes
Nelizer wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 7:46 pm
Little did I tell you that I was "discriminated because of age". Just like we say each one to his or her own boat so is CRA ranking Pool, as candidates are selected in the order of their ranking in the pool. I am a researcher , if I would have been discriminated because of qualification.....that could have happened earlier before the interview. I couldn't have been invited for the interview at the first time.

I am only of the opinion that candidates between the ages of +or- age 30 are more favourable than those above 40 years of age in the pool. The pool might have some point grid added advantage for ages 25- 29, 30-39. This criteria will soon be ascertained, it might not take time but it will speak for itself.

In your group find out if anyone is above 42years of age, if" yes"...my premesis or argument is faulty.

I have a very good analystical skills , someday it will surely get to me.

Regards,
If you have good analytical skills you should have noticed your poor grammar and your egotistical attitude. Poor judgement and grammar, two things that are probably required in most job descriptions.

You wanted good reasoning for why you havent got the job over others. That seems to be it. Maybe you also have an issue with feedback, which adds to long list of reasons.
Newbie
Nov 13, 2018
1 posts
Hello! Two tests are assigned

• Ability to perform Clerical Tasks (TCCT)
• Ability to key alphanumeric information

I can not find any information about second one "Ability to key alphanumeric information" - what is it? How will be tested?

Please share your experience!

Thank you
Newbie
Aug 28, 2012
86 posts
17 upvotes
British Columbia
I don't think age is ever a reason used to screen people out. I do believe being younger can be an advantage for positions that use tests such as GCT or accounting as your test taking skills or accounting knowledge may be "fresher" in mind.

Having excellent skills doesn't guarantee an appointment either. There are some extremely knowledgeable people that are just not comfortable in an exam setting and don't get promoted as a result.
Newbie
Dec 28, 2008
31 posts
6 upvotes
Sorry Nelizer but age makes no difference whatsoever in the government hiring process for a desk job. I'm no longer with the CRA but I suspect I'm older than you and I was hired. I have since moved on to another government position. You need to give your ego a check because that will hold you back, much more so than your age.
Newbie
Sep 18, 2018
26 posts
4 upvotes
PCParty12 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 2:52 am
If you have good analytical skills you should have noticed your poor grammar and your egotistical attitude. Poor judgement and grammar, two things that are probably required in most job descriptions.

You wanted good reasoning for why you havent got the job over others. That seems to be it. Maybe you also have an issue with feedback, which adds to long list of reasons.
If there is one piece of information you are lacking, that should be poor judgment and aptitude. I am glad that I never told you that English is my first language. Am bilingual and French is my native language. It amazes me how some people sometimes come to social media to play gods
Newbie
Aug 28, 2012
86 posts
17 upvotes
British Columbia
Masik2009 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 1:51 pm
Hello! Two tests are assigned

• Ability to perform Clerical Tasks (TCCT)
• Ability to key alphanumeric information

I can not find any information about second one "Ability to key alphanumeric information" - what is it? How will be tested?

Please share your experience!

Thank you
I've never applied to a clerical position, and apologies for the shallow answer, but I imagine it is testing how quickly and accurately you're able to key in data into a computer. I imagine high typing speed and accuracy are desirable skills for any clerk.
Newbie
Oct 30, 2018
10 posts
1 upvote
Nelizer wrote:
Nov 16th, 2018 1:13 pm
If there is one piece of information you are lacking, that should be poor judgment and aptitude. I am glad that I never told you that English is my first language. Am bilingual and French is my native language. It amazes me how some people sometimes come to social media to play gods
The batch I got hired with had a few 40+ and also a 50+ year old individual. Funny you say your native language is french because at the CRA bilingual speaking individuals are sought after.
Newbie
Nov 13, 2018
3 posts
4 upvotes
Nelizer wrote:
Nov 16th, 2018 1:13 pm
If there is one piece of information you are lacking, that should be poor judgment and aptitude. I am glad that I never told you that English is my first language. Am bilingual and French is my native language. It amazes me how some people sometimes come to social media to play gods
What does your language have to do with anything? Your native language can be French or English. Regardless, you have poor grammar and judgement. If these are your native language, it just makes it worse. You are the only one who assumed anything. CRA is diverse, we have people from all over the place and no body has an ego like you do.

"Social media to play gods" LOL. You seem very interested arguing with people on here. If you are as old as you say you are, I hope theres time for you to learn how to grow up.
Newbie
Nov 13, 2018
3 posts
4 upvotes
Nelizer wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 7:36 pm
I did not do any test as I am a highly skilled professional. I attended interview and few days after it my references were checked. As regards security, i have no issues whatsoever with it.

Still believe that age carries a great weight in the pool as regards ranking.
I mean look at this post. And then you go on and on with your PHD and how "the cra doesnt hire old people".
Newbie
Nov 16, 2018
5 posts
Hello friends,

I was offered a 5 month contract for tax payer services agent. I am torn because I currently am employed full time. If you do a good job is there a good chance of getting renewed? Are internal jobs that are posted attainable? Will they bring me back if I am let go after tax season?
Newbie
Sep 18, 2018
26 posts
4 upvotes
PCParty12 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2018 11:39 pm
I mean look at this post. And then you go on and on with your PHD and how "the cra doesnt hire old people".
There you go again! People run into conclusion without checking the context of which the comment was made.

Top