• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 8:12 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 30, 2001
27278 posts
6279 upvotes
Toronto
^ suggest the both of you place each other on ignore and lets get back to the topic at hand.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Jul 24, 2018
25 posts
3 upvotes
Saruman85 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 1:12 am
Hello friends,

I was offered a 5 month contract for tax payer services agent. I am torn because I currently am employed full time. If you do a good job is there a good chance of getting renewed? Are internal jobs that are posted attainable? Will they bring me back if I am let go after tax season?
Can you let me know which location this is and when is the start date?
Nov 22, 2018
3 posts
Hi,

I was wondering does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for a tax act knowledge test? I applied for the SP-005 position and was invited to do an assessment in a week. The topics are from:
-General Income Tax and benefit guide -2017
-T4002 self-employed business, professional, commission, farming, and fishing income 2017
-IT521R Archived- motor vehicle expenses claimed by self-employed individuals

-RC4022 General information for GST/HST registrants
-GST/HST Memoranda 2-2 small suppliers
-GST/HST memoranda 4-3 basic groceries

I've looked on the CRA site but none of the practice assessments are relevant as this looks to be a locally developed one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Aug 28, 2012
84 posts
17 upvotes
British Columbia
CalamityY wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:30 am
Hi,

I was wondering does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for a tax act knowledge test? I applied for the SP-005 position and was invited to do an assessment in a week. The topics are from:
-General Income Tax and benefit guide -2017
-T4002 self-employed business, professional, commission, farming, and fishing income 2017
-IT521R Archived- motor vehicle expenses claimed by self-employed individuals

-RC4022 General information for GST/HST registrants
-GST/HST Memoranda 2-2 small suppliers
-GST/HST memoranda 4-3 basic groceries

I've looked on the CRA site but none of the practice assessments are relevant as this looks to be a locally developed one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
That's the problem... it's locally developed so nobody can help you.

Here's my best guess but please take it with a grain of salt. You have way too much content to study for so I imagine you will be given the references during your test. I would read over all the materials once and know where to find certain information. If you end up not being given any references during your test, then they're really looking for the cream of the crop.

I guess you should study depending on how badly you want the job.
Nov 22, 2018
3 posts
Thanks for the reply! I guess I'll be doing a lot of studying this weekend.
Dec 28, 2010
446 posts
164 upvotes
but please take it with a grain of salt.
I hope you are not serious. I did the same testing (and passed!) and I am sure they provided candidates with references to study material online. The tests are much harder than what you find online. If you feel you can't find the information email them and ask for references to proper websites/study material.
Actions speak louder than words
Aug 28, 2012
84 posts
17 upvotes
British Columbia
VESTEGAARD wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 6:30 am
I hope you are not serious. I did the same testing (and passed!) and I am sure they provided candidates with references to study material online. The tests are much harder than what you find online. If you feel you can't find the information email them and ask for references to proper websites/study material.
When I said "take it with a grain of salt", I was referring to my "guess" as stated in the same sentence.

This should help clear any issues you may have with my sentence: https://webapps.towson.edu/ows/modulepaa.htm
Nov 22, 2018
3 posts
Hi Vestegaard,

Would you have any recommendations on how to prepare for the assessment? I've just been reading through the revenue agency site on the outlined topics but its taking a long time. I also sent an e-mail asking what to look at but they just told me to look at the job posting.

Thanks!
Nov 28, 2018
5 posts
Hi, has anyone got the offer for Spo4 Collections Contact Officer for the ARGP with the start date of November 19, 2018 at the Surrey location? I received 2 questionnaires in October but have not heard of anything since. Is there still a chance to get an offer even though its past November 19?
Nov 29, 2018
1 posts
Hello I am from Winnipeg.

Have anyone received a job offer of in the middle of Tax session? Like February/March?

I applied for 2 positions. I am in the pool for one. SP03 Clerical

and the other one, SP03 evenings, I was invited for this assessment:

During this written exam, you will be assessed on the following qualifications:

• Ability to Write a Business Letter
• Basic Computer Knowledge

Have anyone done this test before?

Thank you
Nov 28, 2018
5 posts
Hi, has anyone got the offer for Spo4 Collections Contact Officer for the ARGP with the start date of November 19, 2018 at the Surrey location? I received 2 questionnaires in October but have not heard of anything since. Is there still a chance to get an offer even though its past November 19?.

Please give your input, those people that are in the pool Various positions Pacific Region for Requisition 53206917.
Dec 1, 2018
1 posts
anyone got an invite for accounting level 1 test in December? for sp-05.
Dec 15, 2011
2 posts
STONEY CREEK
I was applied to the SP-04 taxpayer services agent, they contacted my current work supervisor for a reference but didn't contact any of my other 3 references, and they changed my application status to Unsuccessful? Is there any way to contact them or find out why the application was unsuccessful, it seems like they should only contact current supervisor if they're serious and I think he gave me a really good reference, it doesn't make sense.
Aug 16, 2018
9 posts
3 upvotes
I'm posting in regards to the "age discrimination" comments made in the last few pages. I was hired in a group of 10 with people of variety of ages and backgrounds. Some were new graduates fresh out school, others had extensive experience in other lines of work, and from what i gathered, the age range was from 23 to late 30's early 40's.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2009
1217 posts
456 upvotes
Vancouver
416sand wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 4:22 pm
I'm posting in regards to the "age discrimination" comments made in the last few pages. I was hired in a group of 10 with people of variety of ages and backgrounds. Some were new graduates fresh out school, others had extensive experience in other lines of work, and from what i gathered, the age range was from 23 to late 30's early 40's.
Similar experience here. Many new grads, a couple people with 15+ years CRA experience, and lots in the middle. This whole "discrimination" thing is just paranoia at this point.