Careers

CRA job selection pool of qualified candidates

Nov 20, 2016
123 posts
102 upvotes
Saruman85 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 1:12 am
Hello friends,

I was offered a 5 month contract for tax payer services agent. I am torn because I currently am employed full time. If you do a good job is there a good chance of getting renewed? Are internal jobs that are posted attainable? Will they bring me back if I am let go after tax season?
Saruman, I hope this isn't too late, but as an ex-CRA employee with experiences in both the call centre and audit areas, I would caution you from giving up a full-time position just to take a contract position at the call centre. In my experience, it is fairly difficult for employees in the call centre to transition out of the call site into full time position. To do so, you will have to apply to various internal processes, which may require you to have 6, 12, or 18 months of experience working in a specific department; a 5 month stint in a call centre usually doesn't satisfy that criteria. It's pretty rare for them to automatically transition someone from a 5-month contract into an indeterminate full time position; the best you could hope for is them extending your contract. If you do go for competitions, remember that almost all of your colleagues in the call centre are probably on contract as well, and they will be competing with you for what few positions that call centre employees would qualify for. I was only able to get out of the call centre by applying through a co-op posting at another CRA department through my university at the time. If I had relied upon internal postings as a call-site agent, I probably wouldn't have my contract extended.
Dec 11, 2018
20 posts
1 upvote
Hi everyone, I wrote CRA writing skills test yesterday and scored Level 2 (71 points). I applied for SP04 collections officer posting in Edmonton.
What are the chances of getting interview and offer. Is my score very low. Please advice.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2010
1007 posts
238 upvotes
Anyone gotten offers for AU02 or AU01 in Winnipeg, Regina or Saskatoon? I think the pool expires by the end of January.
Jan 6, 2019
1 posts
Hey everyone, I received an offer for a Collections Contact Officer SP-04 position in Kingston for 1 year. I was wondering if anyone could run me through the job (daily routine), benefits, time-off, and what skills (soft and technical) I'd develop in this position. Thanks in advance!
Nov 7, 2017
105 posts
9 upvotes
My pool is ending January 24 and there no indication it will be renewed.

Do CRA start hiring now to prepare for tax season. I been checking the job posting but I do not the requirements required for the position.
Jul 21, 2018
16 posts
No. Nothing from the AU1. Wondering if they already made some offers back in September when the pool status switched to closed for a few days...so frustrating...
RodDog999 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 10:20 am
Anyone gotten offers for AU02 or AU01 in Winnipeg, Regina or Saskatoon? I think the pool expires by the end of January.
Nov 28, 2018
5 posts
If the start date for a Temporary position is Feb. 4, on the Generic Questionnaire, when would I be given an official job offer? Someone please give me their guidance and advice.
Jul 24, 2018
27 posts
6 upvotes
WestCoastGuy67 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 11:05 pm
If the start date for a Temporary position is Feb. 4, on the Generic Questionnaire, when would I be given an official job offer? Someone please give me their guidance and advice.
In my experience, it was just exactly two weeks notice. Is that for the call centre?
Nov 28, 2018
5 posts
sarsicola wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 6:19 pm
In my experience, it was just exactly two weeks notice. Is that for the call centre?
Yes, SP04 Taxpayer Services Agent
Jul 24, 2018
27 posts
6 upvotes
WestCoastGuy67 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 9:33 am
Yes, SP04 Taxpayer Services Agent
I know a few people that I’m working with that received their offer already but those guys used to work for the call site before. We’ll see by Friday if anything comes up.

Did you get a questionnaire about Employers Accounts that will start on Feb 18?
Nov 28, 2018
5 posts
sarsicola wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 11:43 am
I know a few people that I’m working with that received their offer already but those guys used to work for the call site before. We’ll see by Friday if anything comes up.

Did you get a questionnaire about Employers Accounts that will start on Feb 18?
Yes
Nov 7, 2017
105 posts
9 upvotes
My pool been extended until march 31. It was suppose to end today (jan 24). I wonder if I have a chanve to get hired.
Apr 10, 2009
52 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver Island
My son got hired on an 8 month contract in SP-4 which ends at the end of March. He was just offered an extension of another 6 months until the end of Sept.

Anyone here have experience on how long it takes to get a posting?

I still find it amazing that even contract employees get full benefits and pay into the pension plan from the start.
Dec 11, 2018
20 posts
1 upvote
Hi,
I have telephone interview with CRA next week for SP 04 Collection officer. Can anyone please share their telephone interview experience. Appreciate your help.
Jan 26, 2019
8 posts
8 upvotes
vancouver
Hi Johnny366 and all others who got an offer,

I heard that the basic criteria to select a candidate is the test score, and those who get a higher score are hired faster. So in order to have a better picture of this, it would be awesome if you could tell us what were your test scores (GCT2), when you took the test, and when you received a job offer.

I was reading this thread and found the following who got an offer, so if you guys can help, it would be awesome :)
416sand
DefconZero
Juiceboxers
sarsicola
Johnny366
Cocogogo

Thank you!