Personal Finance

CRA phone number to quickly talk to a real person?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2017 6:13 pm
Mar 19, 2017
1 posts
My mother in law dont speak or understand english how can she call cra for inquiry her gst credit
Mar 30, 2017
1 posts
I called the CRA about filing taxes for a decdeased person, and they were wonderful. I do taxes all the time but never have done for a deceased person. I was so confused. Left my number and they called me back, walked me thru every form. I was so confused and they not only told me what forms to use but what to put where. They were wonderful. I would have had to pay an accountant at minimum $700. Call 1800-959-8281 for any kind of tax question. they will put you on to the right department. And if the que is full for the department you need, they will take your details and phone number and someone will call you back. Anna was great. Great personal service. Don't pay an accountant when you can call them and get the right information for free.
Oct 30, 2007
85 posts
1 upvote
Regina
ohnabatko wrote:
Apr 1st, 2017 1:57 am
and therefore websites like this exist http://www.get2human.com/Get2Human_list.asp?country=CA

canada revenue (Canada) Press * at each prompt. 35 800-959-8281 800-665-0354
This probably needs updating. I have been trying for several days now and there is NO WAY to get into the queue at any time of the day. CRA is really screwed up and I don't feel comfortable filing without some solid advice on what's going on with my return.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1758 posts
524 upvotes
Winnipeg
merlin666 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 12:31 pm
This probably needs updating. I have been trying for several days now and there is NO WAY to get into the queue at any time of the day. CRA is really screwed up and I don't feel comfortable filing without some solid advice on what's going on with my return.
It's also April 19....and the lines are probably just VERY BUSY.
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Aug 28, 2017
1 posts
When I click that link and submit my phone number I get an error: "We are experiencing technical difficulties with our Click to Talk system. Please try again later or try an alternate way to contact us."
Their phone number 18009598281 has been saying the queue is full for days now. Pressing 0 or * does not work.

Any other ideas?
Mar 3, 2015
690 posts
93 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
always press * or 0, also don't call between 12pm to 2pm when its very buzzy, call before 11:30 am and after 2pm that's when they are less bizzy. I usually called 8am to 9am and have to prepare one day before but last time I called was 2013 when conservative where slashing jobs at CRA at alarming rate, I heard now liberals hired more people at CRA and its less bizzy.
Mar 9, 2012
740 posts
226 upvotes
KITCHENER
carlos1984 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2014 1:44 pm
No one answers just a busy signal, I have tried 18002676999, 18009598281 and 18009595525. The last number I finally got through and when I got to talk to a rep, she could not speak English and when I asked her to transfer me to individual returns to change my address, she kept telling she could not do it , which I know she was lying cause I have had others do it before. Then she just hung up in my ear. I am so mad, I am paying these peoples salary only to be treated like this, the phones do not even ring, why not queue the call and tell you how long it will be.

I am looking for my representitives number and calling them. Also I wish I got the person rep number who hung up on me.
I used to work for the CRA, and it's not always possible to 'transfer'. Really depends on who you're calling. But we used to get calls from angry people (I worked for Governmental Services) because the tax line was always busy. You want to file taxes from from the past ten years, we can send the paperwork. That's all we did.