Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11672 posts
2546 upvotes
Ottawa

crappy experience ordering from louisvuitton.com

Just relaying my poor experience with ca.LouisVuitton.com

[TL:DR version:]
Bewere ordering something from louisvuitton.com. If something does wrong with the order (e.g UPS never delivers it), they are unresponsive to emails/phone calls. They promise they’ll escalate it and callback right away but you’ll never hear back from them. In the end, I had to initiate a credit card chargeback to get my money back in a timely manner. I expected better service from a supposed premium/luxury goods vendor. It seems more like sears.ca than a premium vendor.

Long version:

[background]
So I want to get a nice gift for my wife for this xmas and she’s been looking for “The One Do it All Purse”. Her current tote/purse has served her well for 10 years and we found the perfect one at LV that could serve her well for another 10 years. My wife has been looking for a replacement for years now and this one actually fit her ideal form factor and color scheme. It is expensive as all LV stuff is, but I decided to buy it for her for xmas which is at least 4 times more pricey than any purse she owned before. Price is $1600+HST which is the fully landed price in CAD$.

[ordering process]
Ordered it a week before Black Friday. Express 3 day shipping is free. Item ships out Tuesday before BF from New Jersey USA, and after two days it is at Concord, Ontario “Customs Clearance, handed it to broker” tracking status at UPS.

It doesn’t change state after that. We called CS and they said you’ll have to wait longer until it clears customs. We called twice that week to see if they can find out what’s going on since they state 3 day turnaround for delivery in their FAQ. They said there’s nothing they can do, it’s in UPS’ hands.

The following week, I email them using online web form. No response after two days. I then jump onto the online chat on lv.com and expressed our dissatisfaction with the lack of response. CSR1 says I’ll open a priority ticket and she’d get back to us personally the next day. Two days later, nothing. I jump into the online chat and ask CSR2 to ask the first rep to get back to us as promised. Days later, nothing.

Now we’re losing patience, I write a long email expressing our dissatisfaction about how late it is, and whether we’ll have it for xmas. I ask if you can reissue the purse from a Canadian source and recall the first one. No response after two days.

I write another email complaining about no response from my last email. Finally get an email back within an hour and offers us the option to get a refund. She calls us on the phone too. What about the previous email? “Oh we never got an email from you” We confirm to them that we want a refund and you can go ahead and recall the item from UPS. She said, expect the refund in up to 7 days. Check my credit card after 8 days and no refund in sight

We call them on the phone again, she says she’ll get somebody from order management to get back to us. Nothing after 3 days.

It’s now 29 days after the original ETA for delivery. I have no choice to open a chargeback ticket because the usual period is 30 days for chargebacks. Now I notice that UPS’s tracking status says “unable to locate package, investigating”.

Credit card chargeback process is initiated and I should get my money back. LV can dispute the chargeback at their own discretion, but as far as I’m concerned, they can deal with the credit card company from now on and maybe they’ll take it more seriously.

[My thoughts]

- The lack of customer service here was pretty amazing, they seem very disorganized and none of the CSRs seem to want to reply to the emails. They sound nice on the phone and keep promising things to you. I’m sure they would reply quickly if you’re asking which overpriced accessory will go well with their other overpriced accessories, and be excellent at helping you empty your wallet.

- Would it have killed them to call back ONE time after they promised a callback? Maybe they are too busy emptying the wallets of other potential customers. What if I had a problem with the product itself? Would they ignore my emails then? The lack of responsiveness makes me wonder if they know how to treat their customer after the sale.

- There are LV stores in Canada and they could have easily got us the purse before xmas by shipping out from an existing store. That was not offered as an option (there are no LV stores in Ottawa)

- Louise Vuitton is a pretty crappy company, I’ve gotten way better service from Gap or any number of regular online stores where they actually call you back when you ask them to.
38 replies
Mar 9, 2014
741 posts
316 upvotes
Ottawa
Sucks to hear. For that cost and having reached a few people directly you'd think someone would sort it out for you.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2910 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
Agree sorry to hear that. When u are paying that much customer service should be top notch
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4676 posts
735 upvotes
They don't need customer service when people are blindingly fighting to buy their stuff.

But you're right they are a crappy company.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11506 posts
1510 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Unfortunately the same 3rd rate outsourced companies that do 5 and dime discount retailers are the same ones that do the hoity-toity 5th ave designers. Yup.. they like to overcharge peeps 10-15x what the product is actually worth but the customer service doesnt follow suit. I find with high priced items ur always better off buying it in-person than online. Lesson learned.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
10204 posts
2000 upvotes
Montréal
aznnorth wrote:
Dec 31st, 2016 9:08 pm
Unfortunately the same 3rd rate outsourced companies that do 5 and dime discount retailers are the same ones that do the hoity-toity 5th ave designers. Yup.. they like to overcharge peeps 10-15x what the product is actually worth but the customer service doesnt follow suit. I find with high priced items ur always better off buying it in-person than online. Lesson learned.
Ya, so you can inspect it for scratches, etc. That's why I don't get ppl buying diamonds online. Crazy stuff. Not directing this at OP since he doesn't have a store in his city. That sucks w/ his experience. LV should be much better.

Anyway, only skimmed the OP...someone in CP/courier co stole it?
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11506 posts
1510 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
tranquility922 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2016 9:15 pm
Ya, so you can inspect it for scratches, etc. That's why I don't get ppl buying diamonds online. Crazy stuff. Not directing this at OP since he doesn't have a store in his city. That sucks w/ his experience. LV should be much better.

Anyway, only skimmed the OP...someone in CP/courier co stole it?
Yup... a CP employee stole it. My thoughts exactly. Dude saw an LV box... now you see it, now you dont.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11672 posts
2546 upvotes
Ottawa
Actually it was UPS, but same thing. I suspected it was stolen on route also. We had seen the purse in person during our last visit to GTA in the summer

I just checked my credit card account and I see the chargeback has been processed and we have the initial credit. Now LV has to deal with the bank instead

Good riddance LV, you won't be getting any of our business any time soon.
Last edited by warpdrive on Dec 31st, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
10204 posts
2000 upvotes
Montréal
That really sucks, what should've been a nice present for the wife turned into a stressful exp. How can someone get that jerk that stole it? Maybe write to UPS? Disgusting.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11672 posts
2546 upvotes
Ottawa
UPS has always sucked the worst out of all the major courier companies in my experience. Their tracking always stunk

They called us to ask if we may have received the package....as if they weren't sure.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12057 posts
1783 upvotes
City of Vancouver
This thread is like that Mackage thread in this forum! I personally don't like Louis Vuitton purses, but I don't think their customer service should affect how u feel about their products!
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
10204 posts
2000 upvotes
Montréal
Well, sadly, it's a poor reflection. If they can't be bother w/ simple, good, CS, it leaves doubt elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2133 posts
340 upvotes
it's a blessing in disguise. now your wife doesn't have to use a shitty basic bitch purse.

go to Holts and get her a Goyard. sure, the ladies at the Walmart check out lane won't be fawning over it, but you're buying a quality product with the same pedigree (if not more) than LV.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1898 posts
598 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Do other women even give a shit about what purse another woman has?

If I see a dude walking in front of me in some high end clothes or has a $1000 wallet I wouldn't even think anything. On the other hand, if someone rolls up in a lambo or GTR then I am impressed.

OP go to The Bay and get your lady a nice $80 purse.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12057 posts
1783 upvotes
City of Vancouver
flyingnurse wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 1:07 pm
Do other women even give a shit about what purse another woman has? ...
Ya. For example, if someone was wearing a Goyard, I'd think it was ugly.