Typical Crap tire... worst grammar ever
Images
  • 20181111_164644.jpg
35 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
2419 posts
971 upvotes
all of their store stop accept used oil? I just left one last week, their staffs are fine.
<signature removed>
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
Don't these guys actually make money accepting used oil? Weird they dont want cash.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
surveilace
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
funny that whatever random CT employee that made that sign gave so few ***** that they couldn't even be bothered to google the proper spelling of the word surveillance.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19239 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
Bring to your local city toxic/hazardous waste collection center.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2126 posts
1449 upvotes
Durham
Um CT never accepted. People just dumped their stuff over night. The one in Ajax has huge signage everywhere after the fire someone set to the dumped oil jugs.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5217 posts
7141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kkhan15 wrote: Um CT never accepted. People just dumped their stuff over night. The one in Ajax has huge signage everywhere after the fire someone set to the dumped oil jugs.
Never had a problem in Mississauga, and still don't. Although driving to CT is about the same distance as driving to the Recycling Center for me, so it just depends what I feel like doing.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4695 posts
4968 upvotes
GTA
I don't see the problem. It's not their responsibility to dispose of your oil, nor was it ever. Take it to your local household hazardous centre like every other responsible, contributing citizen. It's free to dispose of.
Last edited by derass on Nov 14th, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
6959 posts
6077 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I don’t usually like a lot of regulation, but this is where the government should step and and mandate that “if you sell it - then you must accept it back to recycle”. Oil, batteries, CFLs, paint, etc.

Don’t want to accept it back for recycling? Then don’t sell it.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4695 posts
4968 upvotes
GTA
The government has stepped in by offering free disposal at your community recycling center. People are just to lazy to drive there instead of the CT next door.
Last edited by derass on Nov 14th, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
3488 posts
1532 upvotes
Toronto
CanadianLurker wrote: I don’t usually like a lot of regulation, but this is where the government should step and and mandate that “if you sell it - then you must accept it back to recycle”. Oil, batteries, CFLs, paint, etc.

Don’t want to accept it back for recycling? Then don’t sell it.
+1

Same thing with product packaging. Would love to dump all the extra plastic on Costco's doorstep.
Glazers Out!
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2014
1041 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kudos on their artistic font.
Please respond
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
Just took some in last night and poured it into their garage container. Is it that location only.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
How much money can be made selling used oil? We will call this company RFD Rolling Rola Truck Company. We will hire bunch of x-pizza delivery drivers that frequently comes here that would be happy I am sure rolling in RFD 'rollas.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13375 posts
8307 upvotes
Brampton
CTs' never officially accepted used oil. Because of how CTs are run (they're basically franchises but not quite) it varied from store to store.
Yes they get money for used oil, but I bet this is was a case of abuse where people would dump leaky bottles and it was just not worth it for them to clean up the mess or deal with the liability. They could be fined for leaking hazardous substances.

Easiest thing to do is just drop off at local hazardous waste disposal site.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2868 posts
2130 upvotes
derass wrote: I don't see the problem. It's not their responsibility to dispose of your oil, nor was it ever. Take it to your local household hazardous centre like every other responsible, contributing citizen. It's free to dispose of.
What's the purpose of the ECO fee as attached to every purchase of oil then?

For those that dont know, contact the toxic taxi. I just keep all my oil, fluids, paints, and any other hazardous waste material. Once a year I schedule with the toxic taxi and they come and pick it up free of charge.
Smash that like button!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)