Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Creating an online store? Happy to answer any questions!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2020 1:05 pm
Aug 9, 2013
29 posts
14 upvotes
Markham

Creating an online store? Happy to answer any questions!

I thought it would be fun to start this thread and see what's on everyone's mind.

I own a development agency (won't be promoting it here) and I've helped dozens of small businesses get online since the pandemic. If you're thinking of going online or starting a side hustle, post your questions in the thread and I can answer them as they come. Everything is on the table! In terms of personal experience, I am a software developer by trade.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
How to get a million dollar $ sales?
To the moon
Aug 9, 2013
29 posts
14 upvotes
Markham
> How to get a million dollar $ sales?

That's a tricky one. I think you definitely need to have a really great product though. To be fair, depending on the business, making a million dollars in sales might not be as hard as it sounds — it'll be making 1 million dollars in profit that would be hard. For example, I've worked with a makeup dealer that averages around $100 in sales per customer. By that math, they only need to make 10000 sales before they have had 1 million dollars in transactions take place. Now... how much would they make? Probably much less than the 1 million dollars (maybe around 30 - 40% profit after shipping).

If you do want to get started, I think you could try out dropshipping though. It's relatively risk-free and easy to setup. The hardest part about dropshipping would be driving that initial traffic to your site while your SEO (search engine optimization) catches up — so either you need to be really good with ad platforms, have a really high converting and high margins product or be super creative and go viral.
May 29, 2004
559 posts
175 upvotes
about dropshipping, so you not responsible for the exchange of product or deflects from the customer? how does the payment work between you (dropshipper) and the manufacturer of the product? or you just direct the customer to the manufacturer website and then percentage share of the transaction?