• Jun 12th, 2018 6:27 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 23, 2007
62 posts
TO

Credit card company cannot locate old unsettled account

Hello, I have an old Capital One credit card account that has an unsettled amount. Last activity was 01 June 2012. Last reported April 2018 per Borrowel. I called Capital One 2x this past 2 weeks informing that I would like to pay it off, however, the information about the debt is not showing on my account. The agents I spoke with informed me that the will be sending a report to their collections department to investigate, but still no report about it until now. Any advce on what I should do?
code416
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
1365 posts
570 upvotes
TORONTO
If the last activity was in June 2012, it will fall off your credit history soon, you could just wait.

If Capital One has no record of the debt, you could try disputing the debt with the credit bureaus :)
Jun 6, 2016
155 posts
64 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
The debt probably wouldn't be with capital one anymore, it would be with a collection agency.
That said, as previous poster mentioned, if they have no record then dispute it with TU / EF and they'll remove it from your credit reports.
[OP]
Aug 23, 2007
62 posts
TO
Thank you guys for your reply... I will wait for them to call me this week. And if they still cannot locate it then I will try to dispute it with credit bureau. Although I have no idea on how to file for a dispute yetGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
code416
May 17, 2018
41 posts
8 upvotes
Dispute is easy, but honestly, it falls off after 6 years, you're risking it becoming active again by contacting them. Best to ignore at this point and dispute and/or wait it out

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)