• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2011 9:18 am
Tags:
None
May 31, 2006
157 posts
21 upvotes

credit card easy to get approved?

Please give me advice which bank easy to get approved credit card? I have a list here BMO,CIBC TD, CAPITAL ONE , MBNA, CHASE CANADA, RBC
20 replies
[OP]
May 31, 2006
157 posts
21 upvotes
What a bull **** you FunSave 22 What a bull **** FunSave 22
[OP]
May 31, 2006
157 posts
21 upvotes
Please don't comment on my thread You are disqualified FunSave22
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2011
4225 posts
55 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Not really. Banks are cautions. But if you are young or students going to university probably the chances are good.
Jun 25, 2008
534 posts
217 upvotes
Apply to everything all at the same time. Actually, apply to each bank at least five times. The more you apply, the more seriously they'll take your applications.

At the same time, try to apply for lines of credit and personal loans. This will show the banks you will be a big customer.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
3334 posts
248 upvotes
MikeMontrealer wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2011 4:57 pm
Apply to everything all at the same time. Actually, apply to each bank at least five times. The more you apply, the more seriously they'll take your applications.

At the same time, try to apply for lines of credit and personal loans. This will show the banks you will be a big customer.
Excellent advise for a kid who makes $200,000; yet, can't get any credit cards.
Jun 25, 2008
534 posts
217 upvotes
cko64 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2011 5:53 pm
Excellent advise for a kid who makes $200,000; yet, can't get any credit cards.

Thanks!

I'd even add he should show up at the branch in person when making his fourth or fifth application, and refuse to leave until he speaks with the manager of the branch. Then he should explain to the manager how he has an excellent income and deserves this card, and won't take no for an answer (this time)!

If that fails, he should explain how he needs the card because of an emergency situation, however he will become a lifelong loyal customer of said bank and they will reap great rewards from dealing with him.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1804 posts
161 upvotes
Capital One and MBNA are the easiest cards to get approved for. I think they have been guilty of issuing cards to dead people. :D Good Luck!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
6792 posts
1673 upvotes
Financial District B…
MikeMontrealer wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2011 4:57 pm

I'm going to presume you're being sarcastic.

Anyways, we have access to supplementary scores that you as the consumer don't see as well as risk predictors for specific credit products. We not only see all the inquiries but these predictor scores analyze the types of credit products applied for and warn financial institutions of possible impending credit trouble.
Its not as easy anymore to send out 10 CC applications and hoping to get 10 CC's in the mail.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3073 posts
272 upvotes
Markham
mikeymike1 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2011 10:08 pm
I'm going to presume you're being sarcastic.

Anyways, we have access to supplementary scores that you as the consumer don't see as well as risk predictors for specific credit products. We not only see all the inquiries but these predictor scores analyze the types of credit products applied for and warn financial institutions of possible impending credit trouble.
Its not as easy anymore to send out 10 CC applications and hoping to get 10 CC's in the mail.

I applied for 5 credit cards and 1 credit line in the same month and got them all. Credit cards are rally easy to get approved for, I don't see why OP is having so much trouble or why this thread is even necessary.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
7737 posts
3646 upvotes
Jonavin wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2011 10:47 pm
I applied for 5 credit cards and 1 credit line in the same month and got them all. Credit cards are rally easy to get approved for, I don't see why OP is having so much trouble or why this thread is even necessary.

Yes yes! On the other hand, I have seen consumers such as yourself, be approved for numerous cards, and then the issuing bank does a review after the approval, sees all the other cards that the individual was approved for, and then cancels the card they issued. ;)
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3073 posts
272 upvotes
Markham
boyoflondon wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2011 11:05 pm
Yes yes! On the other hand, I have seen consumers such as yourself, be approved for numerous cards, and then the issuing bank does a review after the approval, sees all the other cards that the individual was approved for, and then cancels the card they issued. ;)

Well, when are they going to cancel? I'm already on my second monthly billing with most of them. All active and being used.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
7737 posts
3646 upvotes
Jonavin wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2011 11:34 pm
Well, when are they going to cancel? I'm already on my second monthly billing with most of them. All active and being used.

I am not saying your card specifically will get cancelled. There are many factors taken into consideration when card is cancelled after initially being approved in the above mentioned situation.
× < >