• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2017 1:15 am
Tags:
None
Sep 13, 2017
1 posts

Credit Card Fraud

Hi all,
looking for a bit of an advice. Have become a victim now of some fraudulent activities. PC called me that they were seeking for payment on some cc purchases which I never did. in fact I never even had a credit card from them.
So right away I was afraid that these bums put something to my credit card score without me being able to stop this. So I checked my credit score file and nothing on here for an application of a cc with PC.
So I told them in a polite way that they should not even bother thinking that they would get anything from me and that they should deal with this themselves. Now 4 months later ( !!!! ) they want me to sign an affidavit that I have not done these purchases etc. In general I know what an affidavit means but I played tough that I do not want to sign anything without being comfortable that they make a case against me later on. Had an argument with this guy from PC ( who does not even properly identify himself ) that I don't like to be forced to do something as else they would hit me on my credit score. He kind of played the case low saying that they did not do anything wrong. Although it was them giving out money in obviously my name without doing their homework.

Do I have to sign this? I would like to continue playing tough with these idiots as I read more and more bad stuff about PC and their borderline criminal activities on how to do business.

How can one go public and pee in their cornflakes? I want to be reimbursed for my time and aggravation to deal with these people ( can't even clearly give a correct number to contact them ).

Any help is gladly accepted.

SS
3 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
If the card is not showing up on your credit reports, then it is not you!
Tell them to not contact you again...evere@
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
13006 posts
10009 upvotes
Edmonton
The fact that you're having trouble identifying who you're talking to (no names, no phone numbers) triggers my scam-sense... Are you SURE these people are from PC (President's Choice, right)? Have you called the support number from the website? Have you checked BOTH credit bureaus? You concern (besides just this immediate situation) should be that your identifying information is being used fraudulently.

As far as getting "reimbursed for your time and aggravation", good luck with that.

C
Deal Addict
May 16, 2017
2809 posts
3663 upvotes
Had something similar happen with a fraudulent cheque using my personal details with The Bay. Getting an affadavit is standard practice because you and they are effectively dealing with identity theft and it is to your benefit to legally declare this transaction was not entered into by YOU. No, they can't force you to sign anything but the legal declaration is to your benefit - it can't come back to haunt you if you didn't perpetrate a fraud yourself. The only issue is to be SURE who you are dealing with - and I'd only sign an affadavit in person at the verified place of business. If they call again tell them they need to get their own ID and contact information satisfactorily confirmed to you.