• Last Updated:
  • Feb 29th, 2016 11:25 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2004
1426 posts
378 upvotes
L4cky wrote: mind to share your quote? I heard Chase with CFBI gets very good rate, but you need to be a member of CFBI, which I am not... So I can't tell.. would but like to know. I got quoted by Pivotal payments too.
1.49 for visa and 1.55 for MC but those are not premium card. typical will be at near 2.

Moneris charging .125% for card brand fee via Evalon at .09 % can't remember monex.

Debit at 5 cents for moneris and 6 cents for evalon. Just an example.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
koft wrote: 1.49 for visa and 1.55 for MC but those are not premium card. typical will be at near 2.

Moneris charging .125% for card brand fee via Evalon at .09 % can't remember monex.

What u mean premium card? Typical =?

I thought premier card for Mastercard is only world or corporate and Visa is infinite.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2004
1426 posts
378 upvotes
L4cky wrote: What u mean premium card? Typical =?

I thought premier card for Mastercard is only world or corporate and Visa is infinite.
Sorry when I meant typical is what I see ppl used mostly point / rewards card. yes I understand premium are infinite or world card.

Because no one just use a plain Visa or MC. so the 1.49% is kind of misleading
Apr 6, 2010
496 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
koft wrote: 1.49 for visa and 1.55 for MC but those are not premium card. typical will be at near 2.
Maybe you could also provide the rates quoted for Non-Qualified and Interchange Differential? That's where - in general, the big money is. Thanks.

Btw, I posted the link in another thread, just search for "moneris interchange rates". Find their posted rates on the Moneris site and also go to their FAQ. You will find a lot of interesting stuff, like "Target Qualification Rate" for example.
The "Standard" (qualified) Visa Interchange Rate is posted at 1.52%. Somehow I doubt they will offer you 1.49%. (Check their FAQ for "interchange rate")
So your 1.49 and 1.55 may not be exactly what you pay - other than absolute base rates. You need to verify before you sign up.

Cristian.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2004
1426 posts
378 upvotes
Cristian_01 wrote: Maybe you could also provide the rates quoted for Non-Qualified and Interchange Differential? That's where - in general, the big money is. Thanks.

Btw, I posted the link in another thread, just search for "moneris interchange rates". Find their posted rates on the Moneris site and also go to their FAQ. You will find a lot of interesting stuff, like "Target Qualification Rate" for example.
The "Standard" (qualified) Visa Interchange Rate is posted at 1.52%. Somehow I doubt they will offer you 1.49%. (Check their FAQ for "interchange rate")
So your 1.49 and 1.55 may not be exactly what you pay - other than absolute base rates. You need to verify before you sign up.

Cristian.
of course I am going to read all fine print before signing to anyone. but that is what my email say from a moneris rep quote. non qualified and key in add .25%. yes the interchange is a lengthy long chart too much to write it down. but those number are before card brand fee which I posted earlier for moneris at .125 and evalon at .09
Nov 24, 2007
501 posts
74 upvotes
Jermyzy wrote: Does anybody use Helcim? I'm looking to switch credit card processors. Any experience with their service? Here are there rates:

https://www.helcim.com/ca/pricing/visa- ... nge-rates/
Those are the Interchange rates, not what they charge you. Click on the large-volume page to see what Cost+ price you pay. Under 50k a month would add .18% to the interchange rate as well as 8 cents per transaction.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6385 upvotes
Vancouver
RJones89 wrote: Those are the Interchange rates, not what they charge you. Click on the large-volume page to see what Cost+ price you pay. Under 50k a month would add .18% to the interchange rate as well as 8 cents per transaction.
Sorry, you are correct, here are there rates:

https://www.helcim.com/ca/credit-debit- ... s/pricing/

How do these compare to rates from companies like Moneris? I like how their pricing is transparent. Are these the current rates for Moneris?

http://www.moneris.com/merchant-support ... 23_15.ashx

If so, it seems Helcim is significantly cheaper?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2004
1426 posts
378 upvotes
Jermyzy wrote: Sorry, you are correct, here are there rates:

https://www.helcim.com/ca/credit-debit- ... s/pricing/

How do these compare to rates from companies like Moneris? I like how their pricing is transparent. Are these the current rates for Moneris?

http://www.moneris.com/merchant-support ... 23_15.ashx

If so, it seems Helcim is significantly cheaper?
You likely won't get interchange plus with moneris if you are a small business owner.

It depends on each transaction size. if you are charging less than $100 each then 8 cents per transaction can have a huge impact it is 0.08% or more. as well you will lose out if most transaction are plain card because you are stuck with .18% plus 8 cents. vs typical POS at based plus card brand up charge.

I made a spreadsheet to compared all the merchant and the typical volume and charges to see what works best for me.
Mar 5, 2012
758 posts
498 upvotes
Canada
Anyone figured which is better between Helcim, Moneris and Elevon from Costco? Or even Chase, I see it often at retailers.
Thank you.
Feb 18, 2014
325 posts
86 upvotes
BigKids wrote: Anyone figured which is better between Helcim, Moneris and Elevon from Costco? Or even Chase, I see it often at retailers.
Thank you.
Depends on a few factors.

1. How much of your credit card fees are non-qualified

2. Average Transaction Size

3. Brick and mortar, virtual, or ecommerce. How are you processing your transactions

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)