Shopping Discussion

Credit cards with the best extended warranties on purchases...

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2018 1:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2070 posts
873 upvotes
Scarborough

Credit cards with the best extended warranties on purchases...

Hello! I am looking for a “keeper” credit card with the longest extended warranty Slightly Smiling Face i know that the cibc infinite visa prestige offers a triple warranty extension up to 4 years, are there others without the 399 annual fee? I know the days of 2% back are gone, but maybe an extended warranty will help offset that? We all know stuff is built to break these days...

Hoping to buy an oled soon Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
2 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17986 posts
2661 upvotes
GTA West
Be very careful with the terms and conditions for these extended warranty credit cards.

For example, RBC covers a lot more things like electronics, phones, etc., which are clearly excluded in the fine print from other cards such as Rogers MC.
skinnydoggy wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 12:12 pm
CIBC infinite visa prestige
I can't find any card with this name offered in Canada by CIBC. Am I just looking in the wrong place here?

If it's $399 per year, you are paying $1200 in 3 years for extended warranty. How expensive is the TV itself, again?
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2070 posts
873 upvotes
Scarborough
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 1:41 pm
Be very careful with the terms and conditions for these extended warranty credit cards.

For example, RBC covers a lot more things like electronics, phones, etc., which are clearly excluded in the fine print from other cards such as Rogers MC.

I can't find any card with this name offered in Canada by CIBC. Am I just looking in the wrong place here?

If it's $399 per year, you are paying $1200 in 3 years for extended warranty. How expensive is the TV itself, again?
Yeah, moved past that one haha

National bank has three cards that offer tripling of warranty. The nb world, world elite and platinum. It seems the world elite is the best, since year one is waived. Im looking at a 3000+ oled so it makes sense to get the triple warranty.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)