• Jan 16th, 2018 12:50 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 19, 2015
192 posts
76 upvotes

Which Credit Cards business or personal Show pending transactions

Hopefully some of you guys with other credit cards can help me with this.

I have 2 business credit cards cibc. Aventura and Aerogold cards as we spend quite a bit per month. As a business owner with multiple charges coming out of these cards I can't tell what transactions have occurred immediately. Sometimes I'd just like to know to make sure we are spending correctly. The only way for me to find out is by calling cibc and spending time with them on phone.

Which credit card companies show pending transactions. Business and personal???

Thanks
41 replies
Aug 3, 2013
475 posts
274 upvotes
Durham
For personal, CapOne, MBNA, AMEX, RBC.
Jul 9, 2016
671 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
I don't have very many credit cards, but only my Walmart MasterCard doesn't show pending transactions. My capital one does right away online. My Scotia credit card I only get paper statements for with no online access so I can't say with them.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
1389 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
Tangerine MC shows up transactions instantly and they remain as pending for a couple of days.
Jun 19, 2015
597 posts
454 upvotes
While Scotiabank doesn't have exactly what you want, it can be setup so you get a text and/or email for every authorization on the card.
Nov 29, 2014
680 posts
80 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC
andrew4321 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2016 10:20 am
Tangerine MC shows up transactions instantly and they remain as pending for a couple of days.
AMEX is also right away (I think any AMEX).
I play the video games H2, WC3. I bank with low fee or no fee banks like Implicity. If you got questions ask.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3472 posts
1201 upvotes
Quebec
capital one aspire cash does show pending transaction.
[OP]
Oct 19, 2015
192 posts
76 upvotes
Thanks guys
I'm guessing for the big 5. Scotia and RBC where I can obtain business as well as personal carda you can get transaction alert of some sort?

That helps a lot

Thank you
Nov 7, 2013
39 posts
6 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Anyone notice this feature has been removed from the (Capital One issued) HBC Mastercard since they redesigned their website?

CIBC Tim Hortons Visa - Currently does not show pending transactions
PC Financial World Elite Mastercard - Shows pending transactions instantly!
Tangerine Mastercard - Shows pending transactions instantly!
MBNA Platinum Plus Mastercard - Shows pending transactions instantly!

You'd think all of the big 5 banks would offer this feature by now, it's always misleading filling up at the pumps with a $200 pre-authorized charge eh
[OP]
Oct 19, 2015
192 posts
76 upvotes
optikal wrote:
Jul 18th, 2016 12:40 pm
Anyone notice this feature has been removed from the (Capital One issued) HBC Mastercard since they redesigned their website?

CIBC Tim Hortons Visa - Currently does not show pending transactions
PC Financial World Elite Mastercard - Shows pending transactions instantly!
Tangerine Mastercard - Shows pending transactions instantly!
MBNA Platinum Plus Mastercard - Shows pending transactions instantly!

You'd think all of the big 5 banks would offer this feature by now, it's always misleading filling up at the pumps with a $200 pre-authorized charge eh
Lol. Yes $200 gas pre auth . Now try 20 or more of those in a day sometimes.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
3061 posts
1486 upvotes
DennisK272337 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2016 10:59 am
Thanks guys
I'm guessing for the big 5. Scotia and RBC where I can obtain business as well as personal carda you can get transaction alert of some sort?

That helps a lot

Thank you
Amex will generally be your best bet. Their app is also fantastic. Alerts, pending transactions, touch ID integration... it really is a great card to have for busineses.
[OP]
Oct 19, 2015
192 posts
76 upvotes
atomiton wrote:
Jul 18th, 2016 1:45 pm
Amex will generally be your best bet. Their app is also fantastic. Alerts, pending transactions, touch ID integration... it really is a great card to have for busineses.
I'll definetly be considering amex on my next business year, since they provide travel points as well. Thanks
[OP]
Oct 19, 2015
192 posts
76 upvotes
I just got approved for business RBC mastercard. I hope this one shows pending transactions like you guys are saying. If so I'll cut down use slowly of my CIBC Aventura and Aerogold for business. I'll keep you posted
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1393 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I can confirm (as above) that PCF and Tangerine show transactions immediately. Amazon seems to show them up a little late* and the interface is so horrible it's hard to keep track of things.

*Because most of my online shopping (at least in terms of value) is actually through Amazon, I use that card a lot. If I buy four items, I'll get four bills on my Amazon card, each of which helpfully just says "Amazon". By contrast, PCF is great for showing transaction details.
[OP]
Oct 19, 2015
192 posts
76 upvotes
FoFai2015 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2016 11:09 pm
I can confirm (as above) that PCF and Tangerine show transactions immediately. Amazon seems to show them up a little late* and the interface is so horrible it's hard to keep track of things.

*Because most of my online shopping (at least in terms of value) is actually through Amazon, I use that card a lot. If I buy four items, I'll get four bills on my Amazon card, each of which helpfully just says "Amazon". By contrast, PCF is great for showing transaction details.
So I'm assuming PCF and Tangerine show the details immediately when you log in including institution that is removing money? If so thats awesome. CIBC I'm kept in the dark for 2 or 3 business days although it shows less money available. BUt you can call in to CIBC everytime and find out who did it. Impossible for me to do with so many transactions.

Thanks BTW