Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3923 upvotes
BC
Updates upon other updates :)
ace604 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2016 1:45 am
Shows pending: Tangerine MC, Capital One MC, MBNA MC, Amex, Chase Visa (you have to click on "authorizations" as a separate step to see them but they are there), Rogers MC, Fido MC, RBC, CT app, Scotiabank *MC* (on Chase's infrastructure)
Does NOT show pending: CIBC, BMO, TD, Scotiabank *Visa*, CT site
Anyone have a datapoint on Scotia Amex? Do they show up like their Visas?
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2837 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto
ace604 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2016 12:34 pm
ace604 wrote:
Shows pending: Tangerine MC, Capital One MC, MBNA MC, Amex, Chase Visa (you have to click on "authorizations" as a separate step to see them but they are there), Rogers MC, Fido MC, RBC, CT app, Scotiabank *MC* (on Chase's infrastructure)
No. My dad has the AMEX card and it doesn't show any pending transactions. Same thing on the VISA.

(unless I'm blind or something.)
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3923 upvotes
BC
Troydabes wrote:
Aug 14th, 2016 12:43 pm
ace604 wrote:
ace604 wrote:
No. My dad has the AMEX card and it doesn't show any pending transactions. Same thing on the VISA.

Thanks realized I worded that poorly too :)

Meant to ask if Amex online is presented the same as their Visas (same style etc) including NOT showing the pending transactions :)

So then it seems Scotia's MC is the only exception... and RBC is the only big bank to show pending.
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3923 upvotes
BC
Latest consolidated list from many contributors in this thread:

Shows pending: Tangerine MC, Capital One MC, MBNA MC, Amex, Chase Visa (you have to click on "authorizations" as a separate step to see them but they are there), Rogers MC, Fido MC, RBC, CT MC (on app), Scotiabank *MC* (on Chase's infrastructure), PCF MC

Does NOT show pending: CIBC, BMO, TD, Scotiabank *Visa & Amex*, CT MC (on website)
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2837 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto
ace604 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2016 1:07 pm
Troydabes wrote:
Aug 14th, 2016 12:43 pm
ace604 wrote:

Thanks realized I worded that poorly too :)

Meant to ask if Amex online is presented the same as their Visas (same style etc) including NOT showing the pending transactions :)
Ah, yes. That's correct. The layout for VISA and AMEX are pretty much the same. No idea on the mastercard as it is not available anymore.
[OP]
Oct 19, 2015
183 posts
47 upvotes
Hey Guys . For those that may need to know. I got just got the RBC mastercard for Business . And it does show pending transactions (IMMEDIATELY) until they posted. Its noted as authorized transactions. See pic.. this is very interesting as the only big 5 bank that does this is RBC.

This is absolutely awesome.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2079 posts
852 upvotes
Winnipeg
DennisK272337 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2016 2:05 am
Hey Guys . For those that may need to know. I got just got the RBC mastercard for Business . And it does show pending transactions (IMMEDIATELY) until they posted. Its noted as authorized transactions. See pic.. this is very interesting as the only big 5 bank that does this is RBC.

Picture needs to be edited. Remove your private info. I sent a private message to the user and let the admin know.
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3923 upvotes
BC
Shawguy wrote:
Aug 25th, 2016 7:29 am
DennisK272337 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2016 2:05 am

Picture needs to be edited. Remove your private info. I sent a private message to the user and let the admin know.
I did the same 1 minute after the post last night. Admin didn't reply til 2 hours after your post though ... hopefully nobody else noticed :)

Kind of shocked to see a full CC # displayed on a bank site or app. None of my CC account logins or bank logins do that IIRC. Maybe CIBC? Tangerine doesn't for sure. Cap1, Amex don't.
[OP]
Oct 19, 2015
183 posts
47 upvotes
Yeah. I feel dumb last day or 2. Maybe I'm working too much. They should mask those numbers or some. But then again I just didn't look at details
Aug 17, 2011
12 posts
1 upvote
AJAX
I see this thread is over a year old, but I will ask anyway, in hopes that someone has an answer.

I have a question about "pending transactions". If I make a few purchases on my credit card, (PC Financial) the online account will show "pending" immediately online.

However if I go back to the same store that i made purchases at on the same day, within a few hours and make a few returns, this information is not reflected on my online "pending transactions" which means that the balance still reflects the purchases only.
If I made returns that very same day, within hours of making purchases, shouldn't the balance balance reflect the returns as well?

Is this typical or do the returns take longer to post?
Thanks for any info you can provide.
Aug 31, 2008
14 posts
1 upvote
Montreal
It is normal.

Refund has to be processed by merchant and there are delays before showing as pending.

Pending transaction display has been established to show regular transactions made with the asked cash witheld by the merchant to the financial institution. It could be an amount different from the real transaction (gas at the pump...merchant could ask a 50$ reserve for a real transaction of 26$ for example). You'll see 50$ as pending, and then the pending will despeate for the 26$ when the financial institution will have cleared to the merchant's bank.

By the way, National Bank of Canada will show pending transactions soon in their new web platform.

Cheers,