Personal Finance

Credit Cards with Triple Extended Warranty?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2018 8:32 am
[OP]
Jun 17, 2006
459 posts
208 upvotes
Calgary

Credit Cards with Triple Extended Warranty?

I'm looking for a credit card that offers triple extended warranty. I found the National Bank Financial Platinum Mastercard (http://www.nbc.ca/bnc/cda/productfamily ... 48,00.html) but confess that the $125 annual fee is a little off-putting. Searched RFD and Google but couldn't find any other cards that also offer triple-extended warranty. Anyone know of other cards with this feature?
eBay Feedback: 118 and counting.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3975 posts
608 upvotes
Richmond
try the walmart card. You have to pay $4 per month for the feature but it's non annual fee, so it'd be like $48 per year.
Oct 4, 2008
277 posts
27 upvotes
London
bluebellrose wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2013 11:30 pm
try the walmart card. You have to pay $4 per month for the feature but it's non annual fee, so it'd be like $48 per year.

the walmart for things with 1 year only adds 1 more year ontop, if the manufactures warranty is 3 years they give u an additional 2 .. that is what their pdf states.
[OP]
Jun 17, 2006
459 posts
208 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks for the response bluebellrose. I think proteinJunkie is correct. According to the Walmart Financial Services website, "Whether you buy eligible appliances, electronics, or toys, at Walmart or just about any other retailer in the world, if you use your Card your warranty can be automatically doubled." My TD Gold Visa already does this for no fee (it might cap it at one additional year, but no many items start with a two year manufacturers warranty), so no gain there.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1211 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
All the Triple Extended Warranty Canadian credit card had a high annual fee, the other credit card you may consider is CIBC "Dividend Unlimited World Elite" which with $79 annual fee but offer you up to two year extended warranty.
Dividend Unlimited World Elite:
EXTENDED WARRANTY INSURANCE
Coverage – The Extended Warranty Insurance feature automatically, without registration, provides Cardholders with
double the term of the Manufacturer’s Warranty up to a maximum of two additional full years commencing immediately
following the expiry of the applicable Manufacturer’s Warranty

Additional, if you choose a "Triple Extended Warranty" to make your purchase, you should keep on use it until all the warranty is over, because once you cancel your credit card, all the extended warranty will disappear.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3975 posts
608 upvotes
Richmond
@_@ don't get why you need triple warranty anyways. Most items that do break down break down a year after the fact. Probably why most cards only double it
Mar 15, 2009
309 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty sure it's only National Bank Platinum and World MC that offer it in Canada. They also provide 6 months of purchase insurance when most/all of the other cards with this feature only offer 3 months.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11420 posts
2396 upvotes
Montreal
bluebellrose wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2013 3:51 am
@_@ don't get why you need triple warranty anyways. Most items that do break down break down a year after the fact. Probably why most cards only double it
Televisions, sound systems, microwaves, oven, refrigerators, etc. The reason CC cards still offer it is that people don't buy MANY televisions, sound systems, microwaves, ovens and refrigerators :p
[OP]
Jun 17, 2006
459 posts
208 upvotes
Calgary
bluebellrose wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2013 3:51 am
Just re-evaluating my credit cards (just applied for the Chase Amazon.ca Visa) and extended warranty is something that's pretty valuable to me. A few months ago TD Visa sent me a $200 extended warranty cheque for a Boxee Box that got the unrepairable "orange light of death". That machine broke down within two years but my iPods and Sony earbuds have a nasty habit of lasting ~28 months. Agreed it's an unusual feature to request but if there was a cast that offered it for no fee or at a minimal fee why not?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1211 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
bkustra wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2013 7:37 pm
Just re-evaluating my credit cards (just applied for the Chase Amazon.ca Visa) and extended warranty is something that's pretty valuable to me. A few months ago TD Visa sent me a $200 extended warranty cheque for a Boxee Box that got the unrepairable "orange light of death". That machine broke down within two years but my iPods and Sony earbuds have a nasty habit of lasting ~28 months. Agreed it's an unusual feature to request but if there was a cast that offered it for no fee or at a minimal fee why not?
The bank are always smart than customer, the triple warranty is also a cost of credit card issuer. So they had to charge you some fee to cover it. The $125 annual fee is fair for those people who purchase many high value electric stuff, not fit for every one.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5482 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
are there still cards that offer the "triple" warranty?

Looking to purchase iphone and big tv soon
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5509 posts
125 upvotes
Scarborough
RBC Cash Back Preferred World Elite
RBC Avion Inifnite Priviledge
Core i5 6500 SL|GB Z170-UD3|2x8Gb DDR4-3000|eVGA GF GTX 1070 8GB SC|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|WD 256GB SSD|Hitachi 500GB|SG 500GB|SS 1TB|SoundBlaster Z|Logitech Z-5500|Dell 3007WFP-HC|Logitech G500|Logitech G510