None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1352 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto

Credit history - total mess

I tried applying for TD Aeroplan credit card online and couldn't complete the application because they couldn't verify my identity. I got to as far as answering the 3 identity verification questions. I sometimes have problems with applying for credit even though my score is excellent. I requested Equifax and Transunion credit histories. The credit information is fine, but both have missing or outdated info on residence and employment.

1) Is this causing the problems with credit application?
2) If so, how do I go about fixing this? I need a major overhaul to make my file the same and accurate between both credit agencies.
3) Can I go to a TD branch to apply for the credit card? Or need to update credit history first?

Thanks
3 replies
Aug 20, 2006
668 posts
9 upvotes
TORONTO
i would contact credit agencies and speak to someone and they might advise you also on whats going on
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
7082 posts
1979 upvotes
Financial District B…
blahraptors wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2015 1:45 pm
I tried applying for TD Aeroplan credit card online and couldn't complete the application because they couldn't verify my identity. I got to as far as answering the 3 identity verification questions. I sometimes have problems with applying for credit even though my score is excellent. I requested Equifax and Transunion credit histories. The credit information is fine, but both have missing or outdated info on residence and employment.

1) Is this causing the problems with credit application?
2) If so, how do I go about fixing this? I need a major overhaul to make my file the same and accurate between both credit agencies.
3) Can I go to a TD branch to apply for the credit card? Or need to update credit history first?

Thanks
You more than likely have a fragmented credit bureau file.

Even if you update your personal data on file such as main address or employment that does not necessarily mean all will be fine. There will be another file out there that either has your name and SIN or maybe just name and address or correct SIN with an alias you may have used to apply for credit.

Have you ever applied for credit with a name you're not born with? or use of short-formed or nicks?(most common problem)
or possibly inverted DOB data fields or pulldowns?

Are all the credit products you currently have being reported to the bureau you have access to? Any inquiries missing from past applications? Any inquiries you don't recognize? Is your mobility account reported?

What you are experiencing we get all the time. Its almost a daily occurrence.
----------------------------Licensed Credit Bureau member, S1, FI Automotive, CCP forums most banned = x 13 and counting, guess who that is?... stomped to the curb once again
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1352 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
mikeymike1 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2015 5:56 pm
You more than likely have a fragmented credit bureau file.

Even if you update your personal data on file such as main address or employment that does not necessarily mean all will be fine. There will be another file out there that either has your name and SIN or maybe just name and address or correct SIN with an alias you may have used to apply for credit.

Have you ever applied for credit with a name you're not born with? or use of short-formed or nicks?(most common problem)
or possibly inverted DOB data fields or pulldowns?

Are all the credit products you currently have being reported to the bureau you have access to? Any inquiries missing from past applications? Any inquiries you don't recognize? Is your mobility account reported?

What you are experiencing we get all the time. Its almost a daily occurrence.
As far as I know, there has never been a mix up of identities. I cleaned up the credit card stuff before, so the credit portion of my file is fine. I think it's, like you said, just very fragmented. I will give Equifax/TU a call.