• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2017 1:10 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
2265 posts
65 upvotes
teknoluv wrote:
Nov 27th, 2009 6:04 pm
Welcome to 2005! Stopped watching Criminal Minds after Mandy Patinkin left.
The show is doing just fine without him. I'm not dropping tv shows because Mandy Patinkin leaves in a huff. I love the guys acting but he has a habit of leaving shows.

I like the current cast and think they work very well together. Hoch seems to have filled the role that Mandy Patinkin's character had. Very dark stuff.

That was one freaking show this week. So glad the kid wasn't killed also because I think that would've been WAY too much for any viewer to handle. Though I did think for a split second the kid was behind the curtain and was placed in the big shoes. Then I remembered Hoch telling the kid to "work the case" and how his ex wife pleaded with Hoch to make sure Jack knew about love, how they first met etc and realised she probably was told about the code word too and that the kids had listened and wasn't behind the curtain.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 26, 2002
5672 posts
264 upvotes
BC
teknoluv wrote:
Nov 28th, 2009 8:02 am
For those who are interested in watching how Mandy Patinkin made a difference, A&E was showing repeats of Criminal Minds every day last time I checked.
After getting hooked last year I borrowed the 1-2-3rd seasons from a friend and am watching them now.
I like Mandy Patinkin but I think the show is doing fine without him, but Rossi is a weak character that the show could do without.

And I like Emily Prentiss better than Elle.

As for what is going to happen now.... I cant see Hotch staying, he'll leave so he can be a full time parent to Jack. If that does happen it will be too bad, I really like his part.
Reid is my favourite too :D
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 28, 2005
6044 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Angela V wrote:
Nov 28th, 2009 9:14 pm
I'm not dropping tv shows because Mandy Patinkin leaves in a huff. I love the guys acting but he has a habit of leaving shows.
LOL! Very true. His leaving basically killed Chicago Hope (a show which I LOVED, and I never watch ER at all). I watched Criminal Minds (and Chicago Hope, and Dead Like Me) mostly because of Mandy Patinkin, whom I have long admired for his role in Evita (which won him his Tony).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 8, 2007
1675 posts
72 upvotes
Mississauga
champlinD wrote:
Nov 27th, 2009 5:49 pm
+1

Sometime its too graphic

All CBS shows are Top Rated...8 or 9 of Top ten shows are From CBS.

Definitely agree that sometimes it's wayyyy too graphic, but that's appeal for me too. There's many an episode where i'll look at the hubby and say "man this show is f***ed up". One in particular was the most disturbing show for me to date....the quote "So is Tracey Lambert" still disturbs me

http://www.tv.com/criminal-minds/lucky/ ... recap.html
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 27, 2004
10233 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I liked the episode, although I don't think it's as great as what some of you claim.


> And I like Emily Prentiss better than Elle.

They never developed Elle's character. She was only there for a season and a half, and the other characters had more screen time than she did.

Garcia is a cool character.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 7, 2008
723 posts
13 upvotes
IMO this show has gone wayy downhill since it first aired a few years ago..if you think it's good now, watch the first 2 seasons ..the last 2 years have been really lame, contrived storylines

it's been downhill since Gideon and Elle left

have to agree with the others, this show is not what it used to be
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 7, 2003
8911 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
jandumm wrote:
Nov 29th, 2009 1:24 pm
Definitely agree that sometimes it's wayyyy too graphic, but that's appeal for me too. There's many an episode where i'll look at the hubby and say "man this show is f***ed up". One in particular was the most disturbing show for me to date....the quote "So is Tracey Lambert" still disturbs me

http://www.tv.com/criminal-minds/lucky/ ... recap.html
that was a great ep.. really effed up
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 27, 2004
10233 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
What I think is the best episode. They showed it on A&E a few days ago.

Season 1, Episode 14 – Aired: 1/25/2006
Riding the Lightning

After interviewing a married couple sitting on death row for serial murder, Gideon suspects the woman is actually innocent. But since she's set to be executed in two days, it's a race against time to prove it.

"I'll be waiting for you ..."
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 11, 2008
935 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
rabbit wrote:
Dec 9th, 2009 10:34 pm
What I think is the best episode. They showed it on A&E a few days ago.

Season 1, Episode 14 – Aired: 1/25/2006
Riding the Lightning

After interviewing a married couple sitting on death row for serial murder, Gideon suspects the woman is actually innocent. But since she's set to be executed in two days, it's a race against time to prove it.

"I'll be waiting for you ..."
I think I remember this one! One murder was of their little boy right? (But wasn't really)... the final decision that Gideon made wasn't what I thought he'd do.. it was intense.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 27, 2004
10233 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Yep, that's the one. Gideon made that episode.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 1, 2006
10991 posts
14490 upvotes
Contray to some of the people here, I did not like Mandy Patinkin. I found him too smug.

However, I do like A.J. Cook. :D She is Canadian.
Have a nice day!


Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 11, 2008
935 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
^ I think she's soo pretty. She was also on Tru Calling, haha but then it got canceled. The whole cast is pretty good looking..
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8240 posts
1281 upvotes
Anyone watch this last night, very disturbing episode with the scene of the black man getting hung from a tree.

Top