Food & Drink

Crispy onions discontinued at Costco - help!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 12:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8081 posts
1266 upvotes

Crispy onions discontinued at Costco - help!

For years Costco has sold big red bags of crispy onions. They recently discontinued and the grocery stores charge an arm and a leg for small packages. We love these and use them of many different things.

Anyone know of an alternative to Costco or another place that sells these bags? THX
Images
  • imageService.jpg
33 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3005 posts
414 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Have you looked at Bulk Barn?
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
2644 posts
667 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
I say we start a boycott! Bring back our Crispy Onions!
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6211 posts
1110 upvotes
Crispy Jalapenos have been in stock here for about a month.

My favourite soup, the frozen shrimp soup has gone out of stock. Hope it's not discontinued. Very expensive to buy the single serving at the grocery store.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8081 posts
1266 upvotes
willdacanucker wrote:
May 24th, 2017 9:58 am
I was thinking of trying - not a big fan but it mite be worth a shot.

Saw the Crispy Jalapenos but my kids didn't want to try them and at $9.XX it was a risk I didn't want to take.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11222 posts
1541 upvotes
Toronto
willdacanucker wrote:
May 24th, 2017 9:58 am
Also, keep on mind, BB is not just the traditional barrels full of stuff with no packaging these days.
If they have it, chances are good that it's in the actual large bag packaging.
Oct 15, 2008
104 posts
32 upvotes
Windsor
Costco US still carries them. Heck, most grocery stores in the US carry them in large bags....you need an Amerifriend.
Mar 19, 2015
627 posts
120 upvotes
Canada
I don't know if Chef Depot sells the product. If you are in the neighbourhood, can check out the store:

http://www.chefsdepot.ca

There are Chinese, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese crispy onion in bottles or bag at Chinese or Asian supermarket.

-
Sep 30, 2009
488 posts
101 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Are these similar to the fried onions they serve at the KEG with their prime rib? If so, then I'd like to know where you can get them too.. I love those fried onions.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8081 posts
1266 upvotes
FYI Got this back...

"Our Fresh Gourmet® Brand " Lightly Salted Crispy Onions,” in a 24 oz. bag are available only at Costco. Unfortunately, this item is seasonal for them. It should be available again during the upcoming Fall season.
We are pleased to report that you should be able to find our Fresh Gourmet® Brand Lightly Salted Crispy Onions in the 3.5oz package at:
• Lococo’s Fruits & Veggies in Hamilton, Ontario L8W 3P3 (about a 30 minute drive away). Please call ahead to make sure there in stock.
They’re usually stocked and displayed in the Produce Department.
We often find that some stores, based on individual customer requests, will either bring items back or special order them. If the store where you shop would be willing to accommodate you, here is the product information that they will need to order the product you are looking for:
Fresh Gourmet® Brand Lightly Salted Crispy Onions (3.5 oz. package)
- Item # 17550
- UPC # 787359-17550
- Size 3.5oz Bag
- Case Pack 12/3.5 oz. bags per case
THANK YOU for buying our Fresh Gourmet® Brand.
Sincerely,"
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3280 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
Fortunately Costco here replaced them with Crispy Jalapenos, so I'm not really complaining.