Food & Drink

Crispy onions discontinued at Costco - help!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 12:17 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6208 posts
1110 upvotes
TotallyKiller wrote:
May 29th, 2017 2:39 pm
Fortunately Costco here replaced them with Crispy Jalapenos, so I'm not really complaining.
How are the Crispy Jalapenos? I keep hoping they'll be on sample.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3280 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
Very tasty. But they're sliced/shredded deep fried salted jalapenos. It would take conscious effort for them to taste bad. That being said, there are places that screw up nachos, so really anything is possible.

They're great for chili and salad toppings for texture.
May 29, 2017
34 posts
1 upvote
kool1 wrote:
May 24th, 2017 9:55 am
For years Costco has sold big red bags of crispy onions. They recently discontinued and the grocery stores charge an arm and a leg for small packages. We love these and use them of many different things.

Anyone know of an alternative to Costco or another place that sells these bags? THX
OP, give the Walmart brand Great Value French Fried Onions a try, it's better than French's French fried onions. IMO, they both are better than Fresh Gourmet brand.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8067 posts
1262 upvotes
Got them! Thank you.

Lots at the west Mississauga outlet. Kids are happy again.

Oddly now the jalapeno ones are gone. LOL.
Feb 24, 2010
45 posts
1 upvote
Woodbridge
I am in the same situation as OP, I am addicted to these things with salad. Has anyone seen them lately, tried a couple of Costcos and have had no luck
May 28, 2012
9434 posts
1778 upvotes
Saskatoon
ninian wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 1:52 pm
I am in the same situation as OP, I am addicted to these things with salad. Has anyone seen them lately, tried a couple of Costcos and have had no luck
I bought the French's brand at Costco a few months back, 680 g bag for around $8-9.
Feb 24, 2010
45 posts
1 upvote
Woodbridge
Every Costco I have been to has been crispy onion free lately. :(
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8067 posts
1262 upvotes
ninian wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 10:54 am
Every Costco I have been to has been crispy onion free lately. :(
Crazy it's so hard to find these!
May 23, 2011
43 posts
11 upvotes
St Catharines
I emailed both Costco and Fresh Gourmet on this subject:

Costco: Thank you for contacting Costco.

We appreciate your interest in our products. Unfortunately, there are no immediate plans to relist this item at our warehouses.

If you have any further inquiries, please reply to this e-mail or call our member service agents at 1-800-463-3783, Monday to Friday, between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST. They will be happy to assist you.

Fresh Gourmet: As per your inquiry, the Fresh Gourmet® Brand Crispy Onions is a seasonal item at Costco. It should be back by the holidays. In the meantime, you can purchase the 99g bags at the following store:

• Sobeys

If they are out of stock, we suggest that you ask the Produce Manager to order the product on your behalf. Just provide them with the following information:

Fresh Gourmet® Brand Lightly Salted Crispy Onions
UPC: 87359-17550
Case Pack: 12/99g Bags

You can also order the 680 gram bag at Amazon.com.
Feb 24, 2010
45 posts
1 upvote
Woodbridge
incoro wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 11:55 am

We appreciate your interest in our products. Unfortunately, there are no immediate plans to relist this item at our warehouses.

If you have any further inquiries, please reply to this e-mail or call our member service agents at 1-800-463-3783, Monday to Friday, between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST. They will be happy to assist you.

Fresh Gourmet: As per your inquiry, the Fresh Gourmet® Brand Crispy Onions is a seasonal item at Costco. It should be back by the holidays. In the meantime, you can purchase the 99g bags at the following store:

• Sobeys

If they are out of stock, we suggest that you ask the Produce Manager to order the product on your behalf. Just provide them with the following information:

And Amazon.com doesn't ship those items to Canada (you think they'd know that), meaning Sobeys is really the only option for the tiny bags. First world problems here.
May 23, 2011
43 posts
11 upvotes
St Catharines
Re: First world problems, quite true, agreed. But those damn onions are so good!
Feb 24, 2010
45 posts
1 upvote
Woodbridge
incoro wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 12:48 pm
Re: First world problems, quite true, agreed. But those damn onions are so good!
Next time they're at Costco I might buy them all, the new Bitcoin.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8067 posts
1262 upvotes
incoro wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 11:55 am

• Sobeys

Not good news.

I still have 1/2 a bag. Would have bought more if I knew it was discontinued.

Ug..