Cross Border Shopping

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2010 3:32 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 19, 2009
6 posts

Cross Border Shopping

I want to buy a sit down lawn tractor and a plastic storage shed in Buffalo. The prices are so much lower but I don't know if I have to pay duties, Taxes etc. when I am returning to Canada. Please help with any info. Can I just drive over and bring them back the same day and what extra charges do I pay?
3 replies
Aug 22, 2003
15531 posts
957 upvotes
Niagara Falls
HST is a given but duties would be dependent on what country the item is made in, etc. You can phone Border Services with all the relevent info (make, model, country of manufacture, etc. ) and they can tell you if duty is applicable and what the duty rate is....
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 25, 2004
5653 posts
147 upvotes
New Westminster
In addition to CSK'sMom comments, don't forget to include any local tax (in the States) that you may have to pay.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2006
1506 posts
68 upvotes
lol, of course you have to pay taxes. Duties, like CSK's mom said, depend on where it's made.
A great salesman sells to himself - Confucius, no, I mean xvizardx LINK
xvizardx wrote:
Dec 20th, 2010 4:22 am
...A sales person named John (who is a great sales person by the way)...I could not resist the price, so I bought it in a heart beat...
xvizardx wrote:
Dec 20th, 2010 4:22 am
Hello everyone! I am an employee of Sony Canada...I will be at the Sony Store in Square One...look for John...
× < >