Cross training for marathoner

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2018 10:54 pm
[OP]
Jan 9, 2018
6 posts

Cross training for marathoner

Hello guys,

I'm a beginner marathoner. I've just began to practice cross training along with run day in order to increase my base strength.
And they suggest a full 5 mins plank. I could feel the minor difference on my run, it's true.
However, I didn't think it's enough ... So what cross training excersices do you use guys????
Images
  • Fitness plank.png
6 replies
Jun 12, 2017
86 posts
15 upvotes
I would look at some basic strength training in order to increase muscle, strengthen your stabilizer muscles and for injury prevention. Learn proper technique and build a solid foundation for yourself. Squats, Hinges (hip/glute work), Upper Body Pushing and Pulling, Lunges and as you've mentioned - core work.
[OP]
Jan 9, 2018
6 posts
SauceLife wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:59 am
I would look at some basic strength training in order to increase muscle, strengthen your stabilizer muscles and for injury prevention. Learn proper technique and build a solid foundation for yourself. Squats, Hinges (hip/glute work), Upper Body Pushing and Pulling, Lunges and as you've mentioned - core work.

THanks Sauce,

I'm planning to focus on squats along with plank. And... surprise!!! I've bought a brand new GIANT for biking!!!! And a Forerunner GTX 735..... Actually, it's second xD

Do you think squat + plank + cross with biking enough?
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5202 posts
511 upvotes
Check out Alex Viada and Complete Human Performance. Check out the website, FB page etc.
Jun 12, 2017
86 posts
15 upvotes
runningislife wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 7:07 am
THanks Sauce,

I'm planning to focus on squats along with plank. And... surprise!!! I've bought a brand new GIANT for biking!!!! And a Forerunner GTX 735..... Actually, it's second xD

Do you think squat + plank + cross with biking enough?
Do you have access to gym equipment or will you be training at home?
[OP]
Jan 9, 2018
6 posts
amz155 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 8:01 am
Check out Alex Viada and Complete Human Performance. Check out the website, FB page etc.
THanks amz, I'll
[OP]
Jan 9, 2018
6 posts
SauceLife wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 12:06 pm
Do you have access to gym equipment or will you be training at home?
Because my main is running so I decide to excercise at home. I've buy a yoga carpet for it!