Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 3, 2007
508 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga

Crossover Options for Tall People?

We've recently added a little girl to our family and it appears the smallest person in the family takes up the most room in our car!

Our Jetta GLI was cramped for rear seat space to begin with, but now that we have a baby seat the front passenger seat isn't useable.

I'm 6'3" and my wife is 5'10" so the front seats are back in the full back most times.

We're looking for a crossover that offers a decent amount of 2nd row leg room with the front seats in the full back position.

Currently, we've only found the Ford Edge (surprisingly our favourite) and Cadillac SRX to suit our needs: large sunroof, good gas mileage, functional features, comfortable seating, AWD.

We've tried out the Volvo XC90, Subaru Tribecca, Lexus RX-330, Toyota Highlander and all of their 2nd row leg room is cramped with fronts back. The GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave leg room is good but they don't have a large sunroof option.

Any other suggestions that we should look at?
Van G
5 replies
Aug 25, 2002
374 posts
74 upvotes
Montreal
Mitsubishi Outlander
Honda CR-V
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3111 posts
242 upvotes
I thought Acadia has the double moonroof option (Skyscape)? below is from the acadia

of the cars you listed, I love how the acadia looks inside(fit and finish) and outside.
[OP]
Apr 3, 2007
508 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
Acadia and Enclave share that roof, but the second 'roof' doesn't open.

I know it's picky, but we love the large sunroof that opens and have made it a priority along with the 2nd row leg room.
Van G
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2006
1372 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
When I read the title I was going to suggest Ford Edge as I found it very comfortable for a tall person. You could upgrade to the Lincoln MKX as it is basically the same vehicle.

Have you tried Ford Taurus X yet?

I think BMW X5 has the large sunroof.
[OP]
Apr 3, 2007
508 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
Edge is at the top of our list and you can get them for under 30K in the US for Limited AWD version (no NAV).

I'll take a look at the Taurus X.

X5 doesn't have the 2nd row leg room that I need (close, but a little too tight). I tried to make it work given the new diesel engines but it just won't work.
Van G
× < >