• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2018 6:03 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2597 posts
532 upvotes
Bawler wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 3:23 pm
At times I miss my old CRT monitors... then I remember you had to have 3 feet of space behind them
At times I miss them too....then I remember having to constantly open them up (risking thousand+ volts shock hazard) to fiddle with dip switches and knobs to get the picture to look optimal....until 48 hours later when it would be back to being out of focus or badly calibrated again.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10898 posts
915 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Sounds like someone was using their monitor too close to a magnetic field.

Degaussing was the best part of CRTs :) .
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2017
1051 posts
258 upvotes
txenglan wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 5:34 pm
At times I miss them too....then I remember having to constantly open them up (risking thousand+ volts shock hazard) to fiddle with dip switches and knobs to get the picture to look optimal....until 48 hours later when it would be back to being out of focus or badly calibrated again.
You're a liar, you were just being a typical kid. ;)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
8742 posts
825 upvotes
Is it 2 per household?

It asked if I am filing for the household or for myself. Can me and my husband each do 2 with the same address?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15053 posts
5558 upvotes
Oakville
speedyforme wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 12:23 pm
Is it 2 per household?

It asked if I am filing for the household or for myself. Can me and my husband each do 2 with the same address?
It's two per person per household, but it's one *claim* per household. So you and your husband have to be on the same claim, claiming two each.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
8742 posts
825 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 2:27 pm
It's two per person per household, but it's one *claim* per household. So you and your husband have to be on the same claim, claiming two each.
Thanks.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
2880 posts
577 upvotes
Consent To Retain Information
There are other class actions ongoing in Canada relating to electronic components used in, or in connection with, CRT Products or similar products. If you would like us to securely retain your information to be used at a later date to facilitate the filing of your claim in other class actions relating to electronic components, please provide your consent below:

I hereby CONSENT / DO NOT CONSENT to the administrator retaining my information for the sole purpose of providing notice or facilitating the filing of my claim in other class actions relating to electronic components used in these or similar products. I understanding that, if another company is appointed as administrator in those class actions, my information will be disclosed to that company and will be used by that company solely for the purpose of providing notice and/or facilitating the filing of my claim. I understand that whether I am eligible for compensation in any other class action will depend on the specific terms of the settlements achieved and any related court orders. I further understand that whether my information can be used for this purpose is subject to court approval in those class actions.

Don't forget to click do not consent!
Oct 8, 2013
4 posts
Calgary, AB
You shouldn’t be using the same password with multiple sites, especially one that you use with with banking. Basically IT security. Face With Open MouthSleepy Face
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13789 posts
6180 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
vivibaby wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 9:31 pm
Don't forget to click do not consent!
What are you afraid of?
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
2880 posts
577 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 1:09 pm
What are you afraid of?
Why are you volunteering information that's not necessary?
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13789 posts
6180 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
vivibaby wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 2:48 pm
Why are you volunteering information that's not necessary?
What information? An applicant's name and address as well as the number of CRTs they're claiming?

Again, what are you afraid of?
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Apr 28, 2017
907 posts
854 upvotes
I notice not one single person has actually received any money
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5402 posts
9191 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
User381785 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 5:49 pm
I notice not one single person has actually received any money
You should read the FAQ - http://crtclassactioncanada.ca/faq.aspx - #17 - "In class actions, payment typically occurs a year after the claims deadline.

Accurate claims processing takes a significant amount of time. Your patience is appreciated" - claim deadline is Mar1 2019 - so sometime in 2020.