Shopping Discussion

CRT Class Action Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2023 11:38 am
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
3320 posts
2372 upvotes
meemo wrote: If the people are in the same house limit is 2.
Are you sure? That banner states "2 CRT Products per member of your household" indicating that it's just two per person...
Oct 21, 2009
921 posts
850 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Are you sure? That banner states "2 CRT Products per member of your household" indicating that it's just two per person...
There is another one in the form that said about the household
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
Theres LCD class action too?

When will OLED one be?

Or how about flagship phone price fixing? Suddenly all phones are $1,000 now
To the moon
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3274 posts
2144 upvotes
Montréal, QC
hmmm... reminds me that I need to bring my CRT screens to the recycling center...
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1337 posts
935 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
meemo wrote: Yes, that is all that is required for an etransfer
Perfect, thanks!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29128 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
adamtheman wrote: I had so many of those things. I built a lot of computers for family members. Of course who has receipts 11 years later? I guess I'll submit for 2.
Back in the late 1990s the federal government had incentives for businesses to replace PCs in advance of Y2K. IIRC up to $50k. I ran a business at the time. So I bought a shitload of PCs and CRT monitors from Dell. (Paid by credit card in order to get a shitload of points too.) I have no idea if we still have the records or where we might keep them. Sigh...

But that got me thinking that large companies (think big-5 banks) must have bought a shit load of shit loads of CRT monitors during that period. I'd imagine they still have records of their purchases...
veni, vidi, Visa
Sep 28, 2018
625 posts
1380 upvotes
Clee wrote: hmmm... reminds me that I need to bring my CRT screens to the recycling center...
I left it out at the curb and the garbage people took it away. I am currently in hiding from Captain Planet.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1948 posts
2462 upvotes
So for e-transfer, just your email is fine if you have it set for auto deposit!
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
3233 posts
1383 upvotes
Quebec
Nvm seems to be for something else my bad
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29128 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
mike74 wrote: What I don't like is the secret question only have 2 available, which you normally use in other websites. No option to make your own question. So with your email address and the secret question, they can potentially login to your other accounts.
You can supply any answer you like, e.g. pet's name can be a pet's name--any pets's name--or it can be any nonsensical answer you like, e.g. some random text string. The important things are (a) that you use a different answer at every site that uses pet's name as a security question (in case that site is breached) and (b) that you record the answer you supply to each site (so you can answer correctly when the need arises.) I find password managers like LastPass are ideal for this because they usually have a Note field for each Site record where you can stash your security Qs and As for that site.
veni, vidi, Visa
Apr 14, 2017
749 posts
717 upvotes
kgkuan wrote: You don't have to provide the same answer, just make up a new answer that's different than the one that you normally use and write it down somewhere so that you don't forget.
Except for:
"I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of Canada, that the information provided in this Claim Form is true and correct."
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
2053 posts
2032 upvotes
Winnipeg
pny128 wrote: Except for:
"I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of Canada, that the information provided in this Claim Form is true and correct."
That declaration refers to your personal information, and what products you're claiming to have purchased during the claim period. Not the truthfulness of your pet's name for the security question.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29128 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
pny128 wrote: Except for:
Yeah, right. If Ricepoint went to the Crown and asked them to take you to criminal court because you gave a false answer to a security question they'd be laughed out of the Crown's office. They'd probably become the butt of Crown jokes for decades to come. (And even if they managed to convince the Crown to do this, how long do you think it would take for a judge to toss this out, berating the Crown for wasting his/her time? :facepalm: )
veni, vidi, Visa
Oct 10, 2016
211 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
teddy boom wrote: I've got 4 receipts!

What's their policy on refurbished though :/ And half of them have my ex's signature on them, heh..

Holy crap, I've got the receipt for my Gravis Ultra Sound! I wonder if that will impress eBay :)

EDIT:
Wait a minute, two of them were straight up used, from Canada Monitors, used to be highly rated here on RFDs back in the day:
consumer-review-canada-monitors-123460/

But are they eligible ?!?!
I have the same q too; only 2 were new from generic computer, and 4 were used from ebay / craigslist
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6826 posts
1482 upvotes
Manitoba
My lucky day - that Nigerian Prince is sending me $40 !!!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
This reminds me. Still have the old beast of a 27" RCA CRT TV in the basement. Finally replaced it with an old flatscreen, so now I need to figure out what to do with it.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29128 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
wearysky wrote: This reminds me. Still have the old beast of a 27" RCA CRT TV in the basement. Finally replaced it with an old flatscreen, so now I need to figure out what to do with it.
Your only option is to take it to a recycling station (or maybe a museum? ;) ) where hopefully they won't charge to take it off your hands. You can't just leave it out for garbage collection because the lead in the CRT glass is considered hazardous.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
bylo wrote: Your only option is to take it to a recycling station (or maybe a museum? ;) ) where hopefully they won't charge to take it off your hands. You can't just leave it out for garbage collection because the lead in the CRT glass is considered hazardous.
It's only late-90's or early 2k's vintage, not museum worthy yet. :P I know if I want to throw it out I have to take it to the recycling station, I'm just trying to decide if I want to keep it around as a backup TV for the kids or not.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)