• Jun 22nd, 2019 3:19 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14259 posts
2570 upvotes
Toronto
duckdown wrote:
May 2nd, 2014 10:40 am
Sobey's has a Maritimes aisle, I see it there all the time, along with Crush Birch Beer
Which Sobey's is this? I don't see that!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6389 posts
316 upvotes
GT'eh
I also thought this too, why would you want crushed pineapple in a can?

I still don't get the connection with Maritime or Ne*fie's (are we still allowed to use that word here?...I know a few who say its not derogatory but rfd can be sensitive at times).
I would associate a pineapple drink with islanders or people from a more tropical climate.
Also what the ? is a birch beer Crush and isn't birtch a tree, so it tatse's like sugary tree bark?

I'm a pineapple connoisseur, but not really into soda, I would try it once to cross it off my bucket list.

Since ist rare + hard to find I now need to find me a can of pineapple crush, I vote for a group buy.
Ne0's Bio: ??? not 4 Sale
??? G@mer & t3<hy [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 90's
??? Member of IPTV +Spotify +CarWash groupbuys ???
??? Feedback: ??? eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14259 posts
2570 upvotes
Toronto
Neovingian wrote:
May 2nd, 2014 12:49 pm

I still don't get the connection with Maritime or Ne*fie's (are we still allowed to use that word here?...I know a few who say its not derogatory but rfd can be sensitive at times).
I would associate a pineapple drink with islanders or people from a more tropical climate.
Also what the ? is a birch beer Crush and isn't birtch a tree, so it tatse's like sugary tree bark?

I'm a pineapple connoisseur, but not really into soda, I would try it once to cross it off my bucket list.

Since ist rare + hard to find I now need to find me a can of pineapple crush, I vote for a group buy.
For some unknown reason Pineapple Crush soda sells really well in Newfoundland. Better than anywhere else.
Same with the Birch Beer, although I do beg to understand what market research Pepsi is doing to conclude this information.
Birch Beer is really good. It looks like cream soda but...heck I have not had any in so long I forget what it tastes like!
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2014 upvotes
Nowhere
playnicee1 wrote:
May 2nd, 2014 10:54 am
Which Sobey's is this? I don't see that!
Duckdown is from Brampton so it was likely a Brampton Sobeys as I have seen it here too. I was at No Frills today and noticed the tags for the Birch Beer and Crush Pineapple all had DNO on them. I believe that means Do Not Order so it may not be available much longer at No Frills. Note these weren't hand written tags. Also someone mentioned Crush Lime, they had a shelf tag for it but none on the shelf.

I also noticed another Pineapple pop in a bottle near the Crush Pineapple. It was a Jamaican drink but I can't remember the brand name.
April 28th is a National Day of Mourning for those killed or injured on the job. Mourn for the dead, fight for the living. We all deserve to return home safely at night.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2014 upvotes
Nowhere
Neovingian wrote:

They are islanders. Tastes vary in different parts of the country and so does product selection. There are lots of products you find in the Maritimes that you don't find elsewhere.

Crush Pineapple is selling for $.99 a can at No Frills in Brampton, so if you want some, you better hurry up as it may not be around much longer.
April 28th is a National Day of Mourning for those killed or injured on the job. Mourn for the dead, fight for the living. We all deserve to return home safely at night.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15801 posts
685 upvotes
Stouffville
Cheap Cat wrote:
May 2nd, 2014 4:29 pm
Duckdown is from Brampton so it was likely a Brampton Sobeys as I have seen it here too. I was at No Frills today and noticed the tags for the Birch Beer and Crush Pineapple all had DNO on them. I believe that means Do Not Order so it may not be available much longer at No Frills. Note these weren't hand written tags. Also someone mentioned Crush Lime, they had a shelf tag for it but none on the shelf.

I also noticed another Pineapple pop in a bottle near the Crush Pineapple. It was a Jamaican drink but I can't remember the brand name.
probably the Grace brand drinks.. been around for a while in most parts of the GTA..
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14259 posts
2570 upvotes
Toronto
Scarborough Town Centre-Lower Level Food court British store has 591ml bottles of Crush Pineapple in their Pepsi cooler (American bottle) for only $2.25 including tax. ($1.99 + tax)
May 3, 2009
255 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
The big candy store in Upper Canada Mall (GTA) has Crush pineapple.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2014 upvotes
Nowhere
grappos13 wrote:
May 2nd, 2014 6:36 pm
probably the Grace brand drinks.. been around for a while in most parts of the GTA..
I have seen Grace before and recognize their label but this was a new brand. It was on the shelf under the Grace products. I just remember it saying it was Jamaican but don't recall the brand name on the label. They are all in the same general area in the pop section.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1137 posts
833 upvotes
Hongcouver
In Calgary, I finally found a place that carries it. They are called "Billingsgate" seafood market. Unfortunately, they are Out of Stock, and will be restocking. If anyone finds some in Calgary, please let me know!!!!
CheapBuddy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 2:34 pm
thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Jan 4, 2008
773 posts
185 upvotes
Gatineau
grappos13 wrote:
May 2nd, 2014 3:33 am
i remember having crush pineapple once somewhere in the GTA and i liked it.. but never saw it again...

also, i never knew there was crush lime until about 3-4 years ago... and supposedly its been around since the 80s.. but i never saw it in stores growing up in markham.. and i hung out at the convenience stores playing arcades all the time lol
It's still around here in Quebec. The best lime drink was the old Beckers Lemon and Lime before they changed the mix to a sprite/team/7 up mix. Thats got to be going back 30 years now
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20328 posts
1871 upvotes
Toronto
Neovingian wrote:
I haven't tried Birch Beer but I would have guessed it might taste similar to Root beer (made from roots of a tree)

I might have to try both some time soon given this thread!
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11095 posts
1762 upvotes
Neovingian wrote:

There's always going to be oddities around the world... for example, Hawaiian pizza was neither invented in Hawaii nor popular in Hawaii.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1137 posts
833 upvotes
Hongcouver
joeyjoejoe wrote:
May 5th, 2014 8:56 am
There's always going to be oddities around the world... for example, Hawaiian pizza was neither invented in Hawaii nor popular in Hawaii.
Haha just like Boston Pizza is not from Boston, and you can't find Ginger beef in Asia lol.
CheapBuddy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 2:34 pm
thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9523 posts
2105 upvotes
Neovingian wrote:

alot of our traditions come from the days when Newfoundland was a part of England, so some of the foods are quite different.

We love Toutins, its fried bread, with butter, Salt Beef, we put stuffing on fries and cover it with gravy. Roast chicken chips are very popular.