• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2009 1:18 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 18, 2004
646 posts
96 upvotes

CSC Exam Help!!

I'm gonna take my first CSC exam on Monday. Cramming hard now and would appreciate any tips & tricks, study material etc to help me pass the exam.

THANX A BUNCH!!!
32 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2003
1133 posts
8 upvotes
Relax, read the questions carefully. If you have any sort of financial background you will do fine, it is an easy exam.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 12, 2003
7793 posts
36 upvotes
if you need help on the CSC.. you really have issues
Feb 26, 2002
81 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Exam 1 focuses on sections 1 to 7 in the first volume:

Exam 2 focuses on sections 8 to 13 in the second volume:
Banned
Sep 11, 2003
521 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I took CSC Exam 1 a few months back. If you're cramming, I'd strongly recommend you focus on the Equity securities, fixed income & Cdn Economy....that's about 60% of the content on the exam.... and make sure you know it by heart...b/c they do ask detail questions. If you still have a bit of time cover the Derivatives section.

BTW I passed Exam 1. :cheesygri
Apr 26, 2004
611 posts
Do you guys have any useful sites for CSC resources? I am looking for sample questions if possible.

Thanks
Banned
Sep 11, 2003
521 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
rdarkman68 wrote:Do you guys have any useful sites for CSC resources? I am looking for sample questions if possible.

Thanks

The only suggestion i have is to login into the CSC website and do the pre-test, post-test, quizzes that the CSI has given you. If you can handle those questions, then you should be ready for the Exam.
Jan 4, 2006
94 posts
Richmond Hill, ON
Is CSC a lot easier than level 1 CFA?
[OP]
Feb 18, 2004
646 posts
96 upvotes
green wrote:Is CSC a lot easier than level 1 CFA?
don't even compare the two... they are on two different galaxies!!!
Dec 30, 2004
119 posts
Vaughan
I just started to study for my CSC course, looking to finish the entire course in 3 months time.

Anyone in the GTA area doing the same thing?
I'm located in Thornhill/Richmond Hill/Markham, Ontario.

Msg me and we can maybe start a study group.
Jan 4, 2006
94 posts
Richmond Hill, ON
gabbycup wrote:don't even compare the two... they are on two different galaxies!!!

so i guess the answer is "yes", eh?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2003
1985 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
green wrote:so i guess the answer is "yes", eh?
A simple yes doesn't even begin to distinguish the difference between the CSC and the first level CFA. It's like night and day.

Are you planning on doing the CFA?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2003
1133 posts
8 upvotes
babysham wrote:A simple yes doesn't even begin to distinguish the difference between the CSC and the first level CFA. It's like night and day.

High School students pass the CSC... the CFA is a challenge for even the top university grads...
Jan 4, 2006
94 posts
Richmond Hill, ON
babysham wrote:A simple yes doesn't even begin to distinguish the difference between the CSC and the first level CFA. It's like night and day.

i am just wondering why everyone is doing CFA these days
among the 3 levels of CFA exams, which one is the hardest? i guess in terms of difficulty, it's like CFA3>CFA2>CFA1>CSC, am i correct?
Jan 4, 2006
94 posts
Richmond Hill, ON
scottyb wrote:High School students pass the CSC... the CFA is a challenge for even the top university grads...
wow, CSC is that easy??? unbelieveable
× < >