Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Certified Garage Kit with Foldable Creeper $69.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2015 3:29 am
Deal Addict
May 9, 2004
1533 posts
1294 upvotes
Upstairs

[Canadian Tire] Certified Garage Kit with Foldable Creeper $69.99

Certified 2-Ton Garage Kit $69.99 (starts Friday...while quantities last)

2 ton trolley jack
2 ton axle stand (2)
300lb capacity foldable creeper
2 wheel chocks

[IMG]http://akimages.shoplocal.com/dyn_li/60 ... 34_0_1.jpg[/IMG]
21 replies
Mar 29, 2010
797 posts
186 upvotes
i got this set without the creeper for 29 or 39 so u will pay30-40 bucks for the creeper

i use it for a sedan and its not bad, make sure to always use stands as the jack seems light
not a bad deal
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2006
3385 posts
441 upvotes
Montreal
damnit i paid 40$ for two jack stands two weeks ago.
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2010
2048 posts
1661 upvotes
All these jack stands capacity is combined. They are a 2 ton/pair ie 1 ton per stand.
Jan 8, 2012
887 posts
745 upvotes
Williams Lake
Any feedback on the creeper?

The one I'm currently using is like lying on a bed of nail.

Thanks for the post.

cheers

asdf
Nov 8, 2001
567 posts
43 upvotes
Victoria
nousername wrote: All these jack stands capacity is combined. They are a 2 ton/pair ie 1 ton per stand.
Not according to the manual. There is also a question asked on the page and CT answers:

"Technically, axle stands support, more so than lift; therefore, the support capacity of each stand is 2-ton (for a total of 4 tons). I apologize for the potential confusion; however, the rated capacity (per stand) is detailed on the packaging and stands, as well as in the manual."
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2010
2048 posts
1661 upvotes
baileyr wrote: Not according to the manual. There is also a question asked on the page and CT answers:

"Technically, axle stands support, more so than lift; therefore, the support capacity of each stand is 2-ton (for a total of 4 tons). I apologize for the potential confusion; however, the rated capacity (per stand) is detailed on the packaging and stands, as well as in the manual."
I don't know about these stands. I was shopping for stands . I called Torin customer service and also princess auto for the 6 ton jack stand. I was told they are 6 ton combined (3-ton per stand) by both Torin and princess auto yesterday. They both told me if I want 6 ton per stand I should get 12 ton.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
I wouldn't use this to lift anything else other than a compact
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2012
2539 posts
2332 upvotes
Tore On Toe
decent reviews. looks like a reg price?
---
As an AI language model, I cannot generate inappropriate or offensive content.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2004
1533 posts
1294 upvotes
Upstairs
I believe the kit does not normally include the creeper...so the bonus deal is a creeper.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
nousername wrote: I don't know about these stands. I was shopping for stands . I called Torin customer service and also princess auto for the 6 ton jack stand. I was told they are 6 ton combined (3-ton per stand) by both Torin and princess auto yesterday. They both told me if I want 6 ton per stand I should get 12 ton.
That's... not how it works.

Those 2 ton stands can each take 2 tons. Same thing with the 6 ton stands, they can each take a 6 ton load individually. Using both at the same time doesn't mean they can take 12 tons combined, they can still only take 6 tons together.

Unfortunately, it seems the Torin and PA CS reps you spoke to do not understand physics.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1983 posts
389 upvotes
Aurora
DealCanuck wrote: I wouldn't use this to lift anything else other than a compact
I wouldn't use this to lift anything over 2 tons. Which is 95% of all cars and small SUV's.

And keep in mind, you're not lifting the entire vehicle, only one corner at a time.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5217 posts
7141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gweedz wrote: I wouldn't use this to lift anything over 2 tons. Which is 95% of all cars and small SUV's.

And keep in mind, you're not lifting the entire vehicle, only one corner at a time.
I don't see your logic. You seem to understand that you aren't lifting the entire car all at once, so why the concern for not using a 2 ton jack too lift a car with TOTAL weight of 2 tons? Even if your car was 3 tons, and assume you have equal weight distribution at each wheel(they wouldn't be, but let's keep this simple), it is still just 0.75 tons at each wheel. As you lift the vehicle, more weight shifts to the other wheels, further easing the strain on the jack.

It also doesn't matter if you had a 5 or 10ton jack. You should always be placing jack stands under it in any case for safety.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1983 posts
389 upvotes
Aurora
er34er34 wrote: I don't see your logic. You seem to understand that you aren't lifting the entire car all at once, so why the concern for not using a 2 ton jack too lift a car with TOTAL weight of 2 tons? Even if your car was 3 tons, and assume you have equal weight distribution at each wheel(they wouldn't be, but let's keep this simple), it is still just 0.75 tons at each wheel. As you lift the vehicle, more weight shifts to the other wheels, further easing the strain on the jack.
I agree with what you're saying - I could have worded it better: I wouldn't use it to lift any load over 2 tons. Whether it be the corner of a car, or corner of an 8 ton tractor. I wanted to give the opinion (based on my experience) that this is perfectly fine for lifting any passenger vehicle on the road today (not just compact cars as someone else mentioned). Other jacks have other features (clearance, lift height, longer handle, etc) - but there's no point in buying a 3 ton or 12 ton jack to lift 0.75 tons if you don't need those features.
er34er34 wrote: It also doesn't matter if you had a 5 or 10ton jack. You should always be placing jack stands under it in any case for safety.
+100
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2088 posts
1511 upvotes
Toronto
So I'm confused, is this a good deal? If not, is there a better one out there at the moment or expected soon? (e.g. was there one last year at a similar time or whatnot?)?

I'm not familiar with car supply sales as I've only just started getting serious about it (recently replaced a catalytic converter and a set of brake pads). So far I've only been using a set of plastic ramps to raise my vehicle (for oil changes and the catalytic converter replacement I mentioned) or a scissor jack stand for temporary wheel changes, such as the brake pad change I did (which I know wasn't a good idea, I should've used a jack stand to be safer).

I find that I have very little space to work with (the plastic ramps only raise the car about 7"-8") and learned that I should be using a backup as well (i.e. jack stands). When I went to look, the jack stands alone appear to be about $40 and was interested in getting a trolley jack as well. This set seemed like a good deal to me as the creeper would be a welcome addition as I could then avoid having to deal with all the debris and rocks that sometimes hit the back of my head as I'm trying to position myself. The 2 ton capacity doesn't seem like a concern as the heaviest vehicle I own is a 2010 RAV4, which is about 1.8 tons (curb weight) for my model.

The creeper seems like its a bit high (I've seen ones where the wheels are off to the side rather than under, which allows the creeper to be lower to the floor), but again, my experience is so limited that I need to ask others for their take in terms of its usefulness (it may be a non-issue if I simply raise the car further with the jack stands?).
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1983 posts
389 upvotes
Aurora
Alexandero2 wrote: So I'm confused, is this a good deal?
This setup would be perfect for you. It's a good deal.

If you need a couple more inches of lift height you can put a piece of 2x4 on the jack (do not use a brick).

I use ramps for oil changes, and this jack for everything else. I never use the creeper as I prefer a sheet of cardboard to lay on.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2088 posts
1511 upvotes
Toronto
Gweedz wrote: I never use the creeper as I prefer a sheet of cardboard to lay on.
You know, with all the diaper boxes we have lying around, somehow the thought never crossed my mind and it makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the advice on the wood. I actually have some spare plywood sheets around the house that I could easily use and cut to size.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2004
1533 posts
1294 upvotes
Upstairs
There's the Husky 3 Ton kit at Home Depot for $99 if you want something more robust.
I'm trying to decide between the two.
Jan 16, 2008
192 posts
49 upvotes
Alexandero2 wrote: You know, with all the diaper boxes we have lying around, somehow the thought never crossed my mind and it makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the advice on the wood. I actually have some spare plywood sheets around the house that I could easily use and cut to size.
Plywood isn't strong enough, use a section of two by four. It should be a single, solid piece.
Aug 27, 2014
54 posts
28 upvotes
Westmount, QC
RedBargainz wrote: There's the Husky 3 Ton kit at Home Depot for $99 if you want something more robust.
I'm trying to decide between the two.
The husky jack has a much higher reach (18inches vs 13 inches) and looks much sturdier. I would go with the husky.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)