Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Mar 22nd First 100 People In-Store Get A Free Maples Leafs Hat

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2014 6:13 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
2274 posts
880 upvotes
GTA
I remembered this at 8 am this morning and went to my local CT (Heartland). There was apparently a small line, but I was still able to get one. I overheard the employees saying that there were only 6 more, but it could have been only that cashier.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 21, 2005
5865 posts
1672 upvotes
London, ON
Maybe 30 ppl at the Major Mac/404 location

Thx OP and CT
💡😃😂😄
Feb 25, 2007
74 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
So you actually have to be physically in store to do the text contest. The app needs to know your geolocation.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
No line up at the RH North as stated. There were few cars that came around 7:40AM. I was the first at 7AM lol. Things went smoothly and not much people. My parents came after around 8:30AM and they still had plenty of hats left. One family tried getting another one but were denied LOL. Such greedy people.

At this location the manager was handing out the hats in front of the store. He brought a box which had them.

Also didn't win anything for the contest, but a lady won a jersey. Lucky her lol. Tickets are being given out around 3PM on the app/contest.

Aye, for those texting 77777 to CASTROL, make sure to turn on your GPS on your phone, otherwise you'd get an error saying you are not at the location. Also Android users - don't use Chrome for the contest. Use Dolphin Browser HD or another as those work. You create an account via FB, email or Twitter. Confirm it, then log back in and hit check in at the location you are at.

Here's a pic of the hat:

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2mqlzia.jpg[/IMG]

Also got some face stamps too.
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
6228 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
cheap hat, material is not good. can't complain since its free. :facepalm:

went to canadian tire lawrence ave east branch, store opens at 9am, i was able to arrive at 9:15am, and there were around 20 left. ;)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KVyDNZa.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
some people will grab one and then sell it online for a profit :)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7611 posts
5047 upvotes
Hm, would have been a decent looking hat if it didn't have the Castrol logo stitched on the left side of it.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
domo325 wrote: Hm, would have been a decent looking hat if it didn't have the Castrol logo stitched on the left side of it.
maybe can cover it? :D
Jan 25, 2005
433 posts
14 upvotes
Anyone know if you have to be at a Crappy Tire store to win the Leaf tickets draw at 3pm?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2007
5145 posts
21531 upvotes
Toronto
jamesb wrote: Anyone know if you have to be at a Crappy Tire store to win the Leaf tickets draw at 3pm?
According to the info the OP/flyer, It says that you "Must be in store to win"
However, in the rules it only states that
If you are the first person to successfully enter the Contest on or after one of the Game Ticket randomly generated times, and you receive the Game
Ticket Instant Win Notification, subject to correctly answering a skill testing question and otherwise complying with the Contest Rules, you will be
awarded a pair of tickets to a Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Game at the Air Canada Centre.You will be contacted by a representative of the Sponsor within two (2) hours to make arrangements for the fulfillment of the Game Ticket Prize if the date of the game on the Official Game Tickets is March 22,2014.
So, good question.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
domo325 wrote: Hm, would have been a decent looking hat if it didn't have the Castrol logo stitched on the left side of it.
Looks to have been stitched on, can you carefully remove the string and the logo will come right off?

Nvm it doesn't.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Didn't need to line up. Went to my local one at 9am and still tons left. People didn't know to ask for it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
6228 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
WhatADeal! wrote: Didn't need to line up. Went to my local one at 9am and still tons left. People didn't know to ask for it.
where i went, there was a lady at the entrance who was giving away hats to everyone who enters.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
test9251 wrote: where i went, there was a lady at the entrance who was giving away hats to everyone who enters.
Same here, except it was a dude/store manager IIRC.
Blanka