Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

CT--Mastercraft Wet Tile Saw On Sale for 49.99$, Reg. 159.99$

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2013 7:09 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 17, 2010
697 posts
263 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] CT--Mastercraft Wet Tile Saw On Sale for 49.99$, Reg. 159.99$

It will go on sale starting next Friday. This is on page 20 of their flyer:

http://flyer.canadiantire.ca/CanadianTi ... ntryflash&

Comes with 3 years warranty. Good for small projects. I own one for a couple of years and it has served me well. Tiled my whole kitchen and hallways and other small areas and still cuts easily with the original blade. It makes a little mess but for this price and warranty, I think it is a good deal for an occasional user.
22 replies
Jul 21, 2011
738 posts
374 upvotes
Azkaban
This tile saw goes on sale once a month. Every month, someone puts it on rfd, every time it goes up, people flame it. OP: I'm amazed that you tiled everything with it. The step up model with stainless steel instead of plastic is significantly better and goes on sale for 80 to 90$ also about once every month or so (IMHO: cough up the extra 20 to 30$)... Don't believe me, read the reviews.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6 ... ?locale=en

My guess is the OP used this to cut ceramic/porcelain tile, I have heard that it will not cut (or struggle) through natural stone (ie. slate) tiles, but may be wrong.

Likewise, Princess auto carries an almost identical model (branded powerfist), and HomeDepot carries a Ryoby also looks almost identical.
Jun 3, 2005
778 posts
289 upvotes
Whitby
I've owned one for a couple years. It's a real POS. Okay for very small simple jobs that don't involve natural stone or marble tiles. Even the simple jobs are a challenge. The unit sprays water back at you. You need to wear a rain jacket to avoid getting soaked. If you really want a tile saw spend your money and get one with a metal deck, stronger motor, and a better water system.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1361 posts
334 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
I've used this very saw to tile all sorts of things in my house. With a good replacement diamond saw blade it has cut through everything. But it is very low quality and currently there are a lot of broken plastic parts on my saw. Don't expect it to last long but for $50 you'll likely get your money's worth.

Wonder if Can. Tire ever sold a single one of the these at that $160 regular price? How do they continually get away with those BS %off sales?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5348 posts
2685 upvotes
WFH
I did my hallway with a saw similar to this 12 years ago. They're a PITA, spray you in the face, slow and not good for accurate cutting. With another anticipated ~450sqft of ceramic lined up I decided to buy a 10" overarm saw. I figured that the cost of the saw would be less than 10% of the installed cost of the ceramic and would still have significant residual value if I wanted to sell it afterwards. As a bonus I've also cut a load of interlock pavers with this saw.

These table type saws are probably fine for a couple of back splash or tub surround jobs but anything more I'd look at an overarm saw with sliding table.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1817 posts
1337 upvotes
Krakenlayer wrote: This tile saw goes on sale once a month. Every month, someone puts it on rfd, every time it goes up, people flame it. OP: I'm amazed that you tiled everything with it. The step up model with stainless steel instead of plastic is significantly better and goes on sale for 80 to 90$ also about once every month or so (IMHO: cough up the extra 20 to 30$)... Don't believe me, read the reviews.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6 ... ?locale=en

My guess is the OP used this to cut ceramic/porcelain tile, I have heard that it will not cut (or struggle) through natural stone (ie. slate) tiles, but may be wrong.

Likewise, Princess auto carries an almost identical model (branded powerfist), and HomeDepot carries a Ryoby also looks almost identical.
+1
It's a POS. I highly recommend the slightly more expensive one from CT, and wait for it to go on sale (once/month as well).
Sorry about the mobile link:

http://m.canadiantire.ca/mt/www.canadia ... e=en#video
Nov 17, 2012
419 posts
143 upvotes
Le Gardeur
You definately should wait and go for the slightly higher priced one. This was could do the job, but isn't that great... Overall not a product that will last if you use it a bit more than a few tiles... Will not easily go trough natural stone or not at all.. (My friend had one and he had really hard times trying to do it untill he tried mine which is the one with SS top)
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2256 posts
651 upvotes
It does have all the problems that the above posters have mentioned. But if you only will ever need it for one or a few small jobs then it works fine. It is regularly on for $49.
It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2008
1655 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
got this for 49. works fine. does get you very wet though...
Mar 18, 2012
579 posts
121 upvotes
yes wear a raincoat...and preferably cut outside. Borrowed one of these to put tile in our bathroom as it happened not to go on sale the month I needed it to. After reading your posts I'm now stuck waiting for the more expensive one to go on sale I guess, watch it not go on sale now @#)(*@.
That said if you only have a small project this will do it, just not comfortably. Did 12x24 porcelain tiles for the bathroom many cut lengthwise and didn't have any issues other than soaking myself.
Nov 23, 2012
130 posts
40 upvotes
Ontario
You don't need to wait for it to go on sale. Just find a customer service rep...show them the product you want...ask when it is going on sale next...they go to a computer and look it up and then they tell you and you ask if you can have it for that price today and they say yes. I do it all the time at Canadian tire... For tools that is. Never been turned down yet.
Sep 16, 2010
76 posts
45 upvotes
definitely not worth the 160$ regular price, bought it for 39.99 a year ago and I dont recommend it. The dirty water splashes all over right in your face instead of behind... Made of cheap plastic parts and hard to adjust once you use it because dirt traps in the plastic parts.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2008
1282 posts
314 upvotes
Ottawa
$50 is a common price, and it often goes lower. Similar ones available at a lot of stores, often at Princess Auto to. I had one last a few years, then the water container was dropped and cracked. Got a floor model from Lowes for $30.

It's basic with a motor to turn the diamond blade, so it cuts regular ceramic floor and wall tile fine. As posted, must use outside because there will be water and tile bits all around the work area. Best in the driveway where you can hose it away.

HD regular price is $54.99.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/7-inch- ... h-d/925453
Oct 17, 2009
672 posts
643 upvotes
very common price and a real piece of crap, i strongly do not recommend buying this. A lot of DIYers will have a better time using a scribe and break style tile cutter for most jobs if you can get away with just straight cuts.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
clammydog wrote: ......The unit sprays water back at you. You need to wear a rain jacket to avoid getting soaked.....
So...you're saying this would fit perfectly in a wet-t-shirt contest?
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2003
4603 posts
257 upvotes
Burnaby
I figured how to prevent it from spraying that much water on you. You have to keep the guard pretty low, literally juts over the top of the tile.

But the biggest issue with mine is the blade is just utter crap and causes so much chipping that every cut I've made with it was not acceptable due to the amount of chipping. I could get a better replacement blade, but that just defeats the whole purpose of this being cheap, and with that extra cost, might as well get a better one to begin with.
Items for Sale:
...nothing for now...

References: eBay Feedback
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1817 posts
1337 upvotes
redzone wrote: got this for 49. works fine. does get you very wet though...
Maybe for the wife then :cheesygri
Dec 17, 2010
697 posts
263 upvotes
It worked perfect for me and did not do any chipping if you are careful. How many times a home owner needs a wet tile saw. It is just for an occasional use and if anything goes wrong you can always exchange it because it carries 3 year warranty.