Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 27, 2007
177 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

CT Money Accumulation

Does CT money work like SDM points so that more I have more savings I get?
I have about $98 in CT money on my Options MC but I'm wondering whether I should start using it or collect more?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
2798 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
malmsteen wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 7:43 pm
Does CT money work like SDM points so that more I have more savings I get?
I have about $98 in CT money on my Options MC but I'm wondering whether I should start using it or collect more?
CT does not pay CT money on purchases made with CT money, so it does not multiply.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
6030 posts
445 upvotes
Whitedart wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 8:14 pm
CT does not pay CT money on purchases made with CT money, so it does not multiply.
Actually, there IS a way you can.

OP: Take your canadian tire money and bring it to a cashier along with an open value gift card. Request that the cashier put all the CT money onto a gift card. The cashier will count it all and make sure that it's all legit. You've not got a gift card for the amount of CT money you had before.

All your purchases used with this gift card allow you to collect MORE CT money. In addition, you can use it as gas bars the same as cash.
[OP]
Mar 27, 2007
177 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Octavius wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 8:32 pm
Actually, there IS a way you can.

OP: Take your canadian tire money and bring it to a cashier along with an open value gift card. Request that the cashier put all the CT money onto a gift card. The cashier will count it all and make sure that it's all legit. You've not got a gift card for the amount of CT money you had before.

All your purchases used with this gift card allow you to collect MORE CT money. In addition, you can use it as gas bars the same as cash.
Oh cool, so I guess I should put all my CT money from my MC to a gift card.
Thanks!!!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
6030 posts
445 upvotes
malmsteen wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 9:11 pm
Oh cool, so I guess I should put all my CT money from my MC to a gift card.
Thanks!!!
Can't do it that way...it's gotta be PAPER CT Money.

Electronic CT Money on the Options MC probably won't allow you to do what I am suggesting.

EDIT: Just realized I mis-read your initial post...I thought you had 98 bucks in paper CT Money. Sorry. As far as I know, the only way to get rid of that stuff is to buy stuff at CT with it. Maybe a cashier will allow you to use it on a Gift Card. I see no reason why they'd say no.
[OP]
Mar 27, 2007
177 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Yeah...I'm gonna give it a shot to see if I can transfer CT money on my MC to a gift card.
Thanks, at least I can try something to get the most out of it. :-0
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2008
6858 posts
218 upvotes
Ontario
Octavius! Nice loophole on CT paper, thanks :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
6030 posts
445 upvotes
zoolander wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 11:54 pm
Octavius! Nice loophole on CT paper, thanks :lol:
No problem :)

I've been doing this for 2 years now...it's saved me A LOT of money on gas.