Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

[CT] Motomaster Aluminum Racing Jack $99.99 - Oct 14th to 20th (Reg $209.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2011 12:57 pm

Poll: Will you be changing your winter tires yourself, or taking your car to a shop?

• Total votes: 44. You have voted on this poll.
Will change it myself

86%
Will take it to a car/tire shop

14%
35 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1443 posts
376 upvotes
Calgary
Hmm, picked this up about a month ago when it was on sale for $139 or $129. I am assuming I can get a price match on the weekend?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7773 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
The reviews on the CT site are not exactly stellar. Too bad, I was interested. But at this price range, it should not break down so easily.
Jan 27, 2008
873 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto
Many stores have a 30-90 day price guarantee. I would bring your receipt in and see if it's still in the period.

Costco sold a similar $99 Torin Blackjack last year. I would also check there as another option.
Apr 8, 2007
175 posts
39 upvotes
Ticket wrote: Many stores have a 30-90 day price guarantee. I would bring your receipt in and see if it's still in the period.

Costco sold a similar $99 Torin Blackjack last year. I would also check there as another option.

They all have a 90 day return policy. Any time I've been into a store that would not guarantee the price beyond 30 days, I've always been able to have them return & resell it to me.

That aside, as far as this deal goes, I'd pass. Although it's a good price if this is the one you've been looking for; they put better units on sale often enough to wait.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20776 posts
6618 upvotes
London
Ticket wrote: Many stores have a 30-90 day price guarantee. I would bring your receipt in and see if it's still in the period.

The current Costco aluminum jack is still $99 but its nicer than the ct one posted
Banned
Mar 12, 2010
1281 posts
53 upvotes
Aurora
How much can this jack lift? I was considering to purchase the 3.5 ton Micheline jack when it was on sale for $119.00
Jul 30, 2008
49 posts
8 upvotes
CT site under Q/A indicates that this is a 1.5ton jack. Harbor Freight sells the a Rapid Pump 1.5 Ton Compact Aluminum Racing Jack for 99.00.
On sale now and often for 79.00.

http://www.harborfreight.com/rapid-pump ... -7814.html

Not sure how CT regular price is 209.00 - that is severely over priced....

It seems like all these "Aluminum Racing Jacks" are made in China...I suspect by likely the same factory...quality appears to be
spotty...
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1433 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
ws6formula wrote: CT site under Q/A indicates that this is a 1.5ton jack. Harbor Freight sells the a Rapid Pump 1.5 Ton Compact Aluminum Racing Jack for 99.00.

It seems like all these "Aluminum Racing Jacks" are made in China...I suspect by likely the same factory...quality appears to be
spotty...

The harbor freight aluminum jack was actually $59.99 about a month ago
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2056 posts
3874 upvotes
The Costco Torin Blackjack is not aluminum. It's a quick pump, but heavy. I'm waiting for it to go on sale, but no luck yet. Anyone ever seen the Costco jack go on sale?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2354 posts
571 upvotes
ws6formula wrote: CT site under Q/A indicates that this is a 1.5ton jack. Harbor Freight sells the a Rapid Pump 1.5 Ton Compact Aluminum Racing Jack for 99.00.

spotty...

The Harborfreight unit should be of a better deal. Double piston versus one compared to the one at CT. Unfortunately, they're located stateside.
Mar 10, 2010
156 posts
14 upvotes
York
frugalcanuck wrote: The Costco Torin Blackjack is not aluminum. It's a quick pump, but heavy. I'm waiting for it to go on sale, but no luck yet. Anyone ever seen the Costco jack go on sale?

No. cheapest I heard was $89.99 about 1.5 years ago. Had a friend at work buy it for me (at $99). Mixture of Al and steel and is about 70lb. F'in thing is big and I would have returned it if I bought it (maybe) as I was looking for a lower profile one, but it stated 3.5' height), but worth the money and used about 5 time this year. Still a very good heavy duty jack and 100x better than ones I have seen at $100.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2005
5745 posts
28 upvotes
Surrey
Appearently these are prone to breakage. Saw this on another forum:

"The princess auto jack is good(blue one). DO NOT buy the low profile mastercraft jack from canadian tire(red one), I've gone through 2 of them and Reggie has gone through 4. The mastercraft ones tend to fall and there is a linkage piece where the bottom of the handle meets the jack that likes to break."
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6664 upvotes
hmm after seeing above post i will check princess auto now lol
Mar 3, 2006
259 posts
26 upvotes
van wrote: Appearently these are prone to breakage. Saw this on another forum:

"The princess auto jack is good(blue one). DO NOT buy the low profile mastercraft jack from canadian tire(red one), I've gone through 2 of them and Reggie has gone through 4. The mastercraft ones tend to fall and there is a linkage piece where the bottom of the handle meets the jack that likes to break."

OP's link is Motomaster, not Mastercraft?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6354 posts
1013 upvotes
Toronto, ON
van wrote: Appearently these are prone to breakage. Saw this on another forum:

1 year otc warranty. I'll try it out. If it sucks, I'll return it, I have 90 days right now to try it out. Princess Auto, if they have it for the same price, I'll look into it.
Mar 16, 2004
545 posts
256 upvotes
costco sells a similar one made by torino. better to buy there given the return policy
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4205 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
bacid1 wrote: costco sells a similar one made by torino. better to buy there given the return policy

I think the Costco one is the better buy, but it is bigger and heavier which might be a negative factor for some. I have had the motomaster one for a couple of years and it has worked well. I have 4 cars, including a van - lots of use.

-GT
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2637 posts
1353 upvotes
Orleans, ON
I have aluminium racing jack. Does the job well. It's light and easy to move around. Good option for condo homeowner with no garage.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)