Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

CT Motomaster SE tires

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2007 12:31 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1355 posts
44 upvotes

CT Motomaster SE tires

13" 51.99
14" 61.99
15" 71.99
16" 81.99
Free digital tire Gauge with purchase of 4. Free installation Balancing is 17.50.

Hot or not. Thinking it's a good deal not sure how the tires are. Also have the LXR's on
24 replies
Jul 22, 2007
91 posts
4 upvotes
A couple of years ago I bought 4 SE tires at $56 each. The performance is 110,000 km. A mechanic friend said they're good tires.
Mar 18, 2007
196 posts
25 upvotes
Balancing is $17.50 for all 4 or per tire. If it's per tire it's a scam. Next they'll sell you 1/2 a tire but you must buy the other 1/2 at the inflated price... anything to make a large number in their ads look small.

ONLY $19.99 plus, shipping, handling, balancing, consultation charge, delivery, smoke break charge, waiting charge = $100 just like the Michelins I buy.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2727 posts
3000 upvotes
Ottawa
if you value your vehicle, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont get Motomasters....

Honestly, for $82 I can get Falken ZE512 for 16" rims. These tires are NIGHT AND DAY compare to crappy tire's Motomasters... Just visit any tireshop and they get get you better deal

ICE COLD deal...
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2003
4250 posts
155 upvotes
Cambridge
Chrno wrote: if you value your vehicle, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont get Motomasters....

Honestly, for $82 I can get Falken ZE512 for 16" rims. These tires are NIGHT AND DAY compare to crappy tire's Motomasters... Just visit any tireshop and they get get you better deal

ICE COLD deal...
I don't agree. There's nothing wrong with the Motomaster SE. I presume you are not cornering until the tires squeal.

The Falken ZE512 is a nice tire too. Holds the road well, and if you don't plan to keep your car for long they might be just as cheap. They do wear fast though....like twice as fast.

Like a pencil, you don't use tires down to the very end, you always throw the last part out. Something to think about.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1355 posts
44 upvotes
Yeah the balancing of 17.50 is pricey. Does anyone have a sugestion of a better deal in the GTA. Have'nt really shopped around yet. Looking at 15's all season that are decent in the Winter.

If I can get something decent for under $100 a tire installed balanced taxes in I'm happy.
Nov 16, 2005
248 posts
11 upvotes
Also shop for a set of new tires recently and if the SE costs ~$70 (13") for each, should a BFGoodrich Control Plus ($75 each, also 13" and includes everything except tax) be a better choice ?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9182 posts
3859 upvotes
Toronto
I had purchased 4 SE tires for my min-van before. They wear out really fast. It was interesting that one week after I bought the tires, I went back to CT for an oil change. When I picked up the van, they said they also changed 2 of the tires, no charge. They said 2 of the tires were defective, something about the steel belt.

Well, under normal driving conditions, they wore out at around 50,000km. I don't know where they get the 110k km rating is ridiculous.
Jul 27, 2005
169 posts
I bought a set of these tires few years back, using it only for non winter driving.
There were fine during first year or so, but go out of balance quickly as they didn't wear out as evenly as the other premier tires. I saved money on the tires, and but spend on balancing them. $8 per wheel.

On on occasion, I suspected the belt in the tire was shifting and would like to investigate the possibility of warranty claim, learned the hard way that it was cheaper to get them replaced.

In my case, I would stick to Costco for tires. Free balancing for the life time of the tires is unheard of (not that I need them often)

Just my 2 cents
Deal Fanatic
Oct 28, 2006
5031 posts
14065 upvotes
Winnipeg
TaiChiLover wrote: A couple of years ago I bought 4 SE tires at $56 each. The performance is 110,000 km. A mechanic friend said they're good tires.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa that is the funniest post that I have read here in awhile. :lol:
110,000 Km Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Sep 14, 2004
84 posts
3 upvotes
I've bought these before, wet traction is awful. Never had tires that slipped so much so often. I'd spend a little more if possible for something else.
Feb 28, 2006
763 posts
241 upvotes
VaVOOM wrote: I've bought these before, wet traction is awful. Never had tires that slipped so much so often. I'd spend a little more if possible for something else.
+1
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17804 posts
5755 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
antman59 wrote: Yeah the balancing of 17.50 is pricey. Does anyone have a sugestion of a better deal in the GTA. Have'nt really shopped around yet. Looking at 15's all season that are decent in the Winter.

If I can get something decent for under $100 a tire installed balanced taxes in I'm happy.
tires23.com, even Walmart has Nexens typically for sale.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2001
2723 posts
37 upvotes
Eastern and NW Ontar…
used to use nothing but CT tires as they are decent and price is still good but the extras for mounting, balancing, valve, disposal of old tires etc added a third onto the price(used to be free mounting etc. a decade ago) so went to a local tire store and got a much better inclusive deal with name brand tires

Always ask CT what the total cost will be as they're getting like ontario hydro or bell telephone with a complicated formula.
Dell Alienware Aurora R8
Asus ROG 17"
Ipad Air 2
Dec 13, 2005
445 posts
392 upvotes
I bought some Michelins at Walmart in the states recently... $100/tire installed. Saved $50/tire compared to Canadian tire price of $155 for same tire.
Feb 27, 2007
21 posts
Quote:
tires23.com, even Walmart has Nexens typically for sale.

Hi weedb0y,

What about quality for Nexens tires? are they worth the price?

Thanks,
--Alex
Dec 27, 2006
95 posts
26 upvotes
Arrgh wrote: I had purchased 4 SE tires for my min-van before. They wear out really fast. It was interesting that one week after I bought the tires, I went back to CT for an oil change. When I picked up the van, they said they also changed 2 of the tires, no charge. They said 2 of the tires were defective, something about the steel belt.

Well, under normal driving conditions, they wore out at around 50,000km. I don't know where they get the 110k km rating is ridiculous.
It's interesting that you mention that. I bought a set of Motomaster AW tires a few months ago. Foolishly I didn't check before hand to see where they were made. Big surprise, China. This is the first and last time that I cheap out on tires. I got a nasty vibration in the front end after only about 50km. I brought both front tires back to Canadian Tire and they also replaced both tires simply saying that they were bad. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence....
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
1387 posts
3 upvotes
Depending of the size, can be a good deal. Used to use a lot of CT tires for past years...no problem at all for the price. I mean...always look at what you're paying for. Doesn't last for decades but what do you expect at 72$ for 15"?!

I personnally prefer the LXR than the SE. Less noise, better handling.

Not the best tires in the world but not the worst.

But now, I'll consider to buy Fuzion tires as my next set. The price is very good for the quality and they are well reviewed. Fuzion is a Bridgestone/Firestone division.

www.1010tires.com
DaVillen wrote: What makes that the best deal is the size (Unit Dimensions (WxHxD)
21.1" x 19.1" x 7.0"). You won't find a 19" LCD with a 21.1" width, most 19" LCD widescreens are about 16" to 18". The size is more comparable to a 23" LCD.
*HEATWARE*
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
1387 posts
3 upvotes
theburner wrote: It's interesting that you mention that. I bought a set of Motomaster AW tires a few months ago. Foolishly I didn't check before hand to see where they were made. Big surprise, China. This is the first and last time that I cheap out on tires. It had a nasty vibration in the front end after only about 50km. I brought both front tires back to Canadian Tire and they also replaced both tires simply saying that they were bad. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence....
The AW tires are the cheapest tires at CT...what do you expect when you cheap out and pay 40$ for a tire?

It's easy to say "CT tires are crap" when you buy the very bottom line products.
DaVillen wrote: What makes that the best deal is the size (Unit Dimensions (WxHxD)
21.1" x 19.1" x 7.0"). You won't find a 19" LCD with a 21.1" width, most 19" LCD widescreens are about 16" to 18". The size is more comparable to a 23" LCD.
*HEATWARE*
Oct 20, 2003
661 posts
11 upvotes
Same here. I have used their LXR in the past and been very happy. I now stick to Costco. Cheaper in the long run with the change from snows to summer and back. Others will complain about the long wait times at Costco - just plan it like everything else. Drop your car off and pick it up later :-)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)