Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

CT: Obusforme Memory Foam Mattress, Queen $399

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2011 2:15 pm
Tags:
None
32 replies
Dec 13, 2005
447 posts
395 upvotes
so soft and nasty you won't need a pillow to perfectly align your spine! :cheesygri
Jul 7, 2006
161 posts
arent these things like $1000 ?? i thought those memory matresses were so expensive!
I am the wiz0rd.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2158 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
I wonder if it's memory foam throughout or does it have a cheap regular foam core with a few inches of memory foam on the outside?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2003
2358 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
I'm very curious about this thing myself since our matress should have been retired ages ago.

Interesting that there's no mention of it on the obusforme website. (that I could find, anyway) I'm suspecting this is a brand new product. Their 1 inch matress pad alone goes for about $150.

Curious how they got what is basically a full-size queen matress into a box that small? It must come horribly compressed in the box. Must be a lot of fun to set up.

I might just go for it this weekend. I don't know. There's just something in the back of my head telling my this may not be all it's cracked up to be.

Has anyone else actually taken the plunge and tried this model?

--Pete
Remember: We elect the government we deserve.
Jul 14, 2003
56 posts
[QUOTE]I'm very curious about this thing myself since our matress should have been retired ages ago.[/QUOTE] diito!

Any comments about this product or foam mattresses in general?I remember reading awhile back of people claiming they released toxic fumes causing a host of illnesses.
Oct 24, 2002
71 posts
60 upvotes
montreal
I just bought the Seally foam mattress from Costco, 499$ .. for 12", queen size
Awsome ... very firm and Seally quality and costco service.
Dec 11, 2005
570 posts
8 upvotes
actually this looks like a great deal!
Obusforme is a very reputable brand - and if I hadn't bought my memory foam mattress 2 years ago (for $900), I would definately pick up one of these.

BTW, memory foam mattresses are NEVER memory foam all the way through - it doesn't have the rigidity to hold up. So don't be put off because this one isn't likely to be!

Just think how great a deal this is if you use your CT cash advant card to buy it or AtHome GCs....

Makes me sick that I missed this deal.... ;)
Aug 18, 2006
21 posts
Are the Mattress Toppers (pads) any good or does anyone advise going for the whole thing?
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2511 posts
259 upvotes
Whitby
I'm just wondering how thay fit a queen sized mattress into that box... Must be like sleeping on a giant pillow....
Feb 29, 2004
560 posts
122 upvotes
I think I need a new mattress too...

When I wake up I feel like I've been sleeping in that box in the picture - my back just kills!

Someone with a hands-on review of this mattress in action please!
Oct 27, 2005
342 posts
Interesting deal.

I purchased a Queen size memory foam matress topper from Costco ($135) 4 months ago. I like the comfort of it, but not the fit. It keeps creeping toward the head of the bed. and seems slightly smaller than the matress it is sitting on top of.

As for the compactness. The matress topper was packaged in a smaller box than you would think it would fit in.
Once you unwrap the vaccuum packed memory foam it takes 48 hours or so to expand and regain it's shape.

I think I'd rather have an entire matress.
Seems like this is the cheapest price I have seen on a MF matress, and Obusforme is a majorly recognized brand name.

The Hammer
Nov 13, 2005
319 posts
39 upvotes
These aren't actually made by Obusforme. My brother phoned obusforme to inquire about the cheap mattress he saw at CT and was told that they don't sell to CT, they just license the name to another company.
Nov 16, 2005
736 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
If you just want a topper look at overstock.com
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi ... GE_ID=2118
They have some of the best prices around and I know at least 30 people who have bought these from them as a topper for their popup trailers. Most of them prefer the mattresses in the trailer to the ones at home now :-0
Get the heaviest density that you can and if you look yu will see that they don't charge more for the larger sizes. Some people have bought the larger size and made pillows out of the offcut.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Remember ...you get what you pay for.

I looked at Memory Foam quite indepth a while back and settled on a regular mattress.

I always thought the whole mattress was made of memory foam when in fact, only a specific amount is actual memory foam. Like any line of product....you can pay any level of price.

Try going to Sleep Country...they have a great memory foam mattress for a price of $4000. Happy sleeping.
Aug 17, 2001
132 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone actually slept on this mattress and care to comment on it? How is the firmness and the quality of the mattress?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2158 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
I believe CND Tire has a 30 day return policy or is it 90 day?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6461 posts
213 upvotes
Here is some good info on memory foam mattresses. There are many variations out there. One typically has to spend more, usually for the Tempurpedic brand from Sweden has the most strict standards. If you tend to get night sweats or sweat while sleeping, memory is not for you.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Information-on- ... LISTINGS:6

http://www.memoryfoammattress.org/
Nov 25, 2003
726 posts
421 upvotes
tarnator wrote: Obusforme is a very reputable brand
I beg to differ, these guys are the kings of scam. They have one decent product for people who drive for extended periods of time. They abuse their brand to trick people into thinking their brand of backpacks, matresses, etc. are better for your back. It's just not true.

:idea: