Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

CT - Rapala Nitro Spinning rod and reel Combo $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2012 8:57 pm
Tags:
None
7 replies
Feb 18, 2011
108 posts
28 upvotes
I bought one of these yesterday as a birthday gift. Usually goes for $30. I just wanted the reel so that I could put it on a telescoping rod and create a fishing pole with the smallest footprint. Other reels were nine bucks, and this was ten, so you're getting the pole for the extra buck, plus this reel is nicer than the ones that CT carries for this price regularly. The reel itself is nice and smooth, and the bail wasn't too stiff.

Only complaint is the little gold piece on the bottom of the reel. It is only held in by friction in two weak spots, so it can fall off if you bump it. Since it is not a functional piece, there is no harm done.

CT had a bunch in London, but didn't have any out on the shelf. You had to ask for them.

Good deal for ten bucks.
Banned
Feb 20, 2007
3042 posts
1316 upvotes
Bought this for $10, I returned it the next day, the reel sucks, other $10 reels are much better.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Not bad be perfect for son.THen hes not using my 200$ rod.
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
blazed16 wrote: Not bad be perfect for son.THen hes not using my 200$ rod.
Exactly why i got one lol .Works fine in my case .
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
3444 posts
71 upvotes
Peterborough
I would buy a better reel I bought this last year for a spare and let my uncle use it one day and it was a POS he could hardly cast with it/
Nov 9, 2010
255 posts
190 upvotes
Montreal
I looked at it. The reel is equipped with the spool made of blow-mold CHEAP plastic, just chrome plated. So, expect lots of play and, possibly, cracks. There were quite a few molding and plating imperfections, so the fishing line will wear out fast. Especially, when the plating will be peeling off.
Also, the bail was loose. Stay away.

IMO, $10 Zebco deal is way better: the spool is made of machined aluminum.

BTW, Wal-Mart has a few reels and reel-rod combos for the similar price, e.g.:
Z-Cast spinning combo
Durango 2235RB Spinning Reel
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8428 posts
4673 upvotes
Durham
Cheap garbage ... absolutely useless ... I would go to Basspro to pickup a Browning Combo instead ...

I have the:

St. Croix Eyecon Walleye Series 7' ML Spinning Rod (ECS70MLF2) [$150 @ BassPro] with the Shimano Sensilite 2500 reel (Japan ONLY) [USD$650 purchased when it was released in 2003]

G Loomis GL3 Mahogany S843-2 7' M Spinning Rod [USD$400 purchased in 2002] with the Shimano Stradic MgF2500 reel (Japan ONLY) [USD$675 purchased when it was released in 2002]
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)