Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] CT -Scratch & Win-Dec 7 & 8 -$10 instant savings,Lindt with $5 off, $5000 Grand Prize

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2012 7:33 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
3394 posts
741 upvotes
Paris ON
2 chocolate coupons. Somewhat glad, because I didn't see anything of interest to me in the flyer
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Dec 27, 2006
594 posts
36 upvotes
not sure if anyone has posted......$10.......... last 5 numbers are 09154
Aug 5, 2006
110 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Could any one post a picture of barcode for the $10 coupon? Thanks a bunch.
drayog wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 1:54 am
not sure if anyone has posted......$10.......... last 5 numbers are 09154
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1662 posts
358 upvotes
Vancouver
The first post suggests that the $10 coupon is a thick line with 3 skinny lines.

I had to scrape away a horizontal section where the bar code is to check mine. It's damn near impossible to tell with the light method any more with the coupons with the gray colored text. Not like before when the text and bar code where black.

I have the chocolate + $5 coupon as far as I can tell.
Apr 24, 2007
160 posts
2 upvotes
my flyer came in without the scratch card, so as my neighbour.

i suspect the delivery person keeps all for himself. Any comment?
Jul 8, 2012
612 posts
42 upvotes
VANCOUVER
petpetlover wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 5:17 pm
my flyer came in without the scratch card, so as my neighbour.

i suspect the delivery person keeps all for himself. Any comment?
You can always inquire with your flyer distributor to see if they were suppose to come with the card.

I'm still debating if I should say something to mine about the scratched off number.
Apr 1, 2012
980 posts
96 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
spicytofu wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 12:08 am
Received my card in my community newspaper. The delivery person was so thoughtful and scratched a small (s/he knew the exact spot) area to reveal that 8 at the end of stephroll's card. Should I report or not to report to the community newspaper? Tis the season to lose a job for being greedy?
omg! i thought mine was scratched accidentally. now i realize it may not so.............
Dec 19, 2008
741 posts
135 upvotes
littlechuan wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 2:47 am
Could any one post a picture of barcode for the $10 coupon? Thanks a bunch.
wondering the same thing, thanks will be given to whoever can deliver this! :)
Nov 30, 2011
57 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal
BooR4dL3y wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 5:04 pm

I had to scrape away a horizontal section where the bar code is to check mine. It's damn near impossible to tell with the light method any more with the coupons with the gray colored text. Not like before when the text and bar code where black.
Because they possibly know people are/were reading them. Pretty soon they'll be instructing the cashiers to make sure the same person hasn't used more than one.

The odds for $10 is 1:20 so if you get 20 cards your probabilities should theoretically improve if they were properly shuffled, but they're not so you might overwhelmingly luck-in/out.

Thanks again to stephroll for putting in the effort and keeping on top of this.
Mar 6, 2011
152 posts
25 upvotes
Are there any conditions on the $5 off coupons (i.e. minimum spend)? Can anyone comment from last year? I'm guessing they would have to say so on the scratch card, but would hate for it to be $5 off $50 or something like that.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7248 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto
Bzzzzt wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 6:42 pm
Because they possibly know people are/were reading them. Pretty soon they'll be instructing the cashiers to make sure the same person hasn't used more than one.
Probably thanks to that guy a few months ago who stood in line with a flashlight, reading other people's cards and shouting out loud what they had, before getting stopped by security.

I finally got my card in the mail and it is much harder to read now.
Jun 1, 2009
388 posts
209 upvotes
SAMIE wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 12:04 am
Just wondering how to use them. Can you ask the cashier scratch several cards at one time?
It says" no purchase necessary".
canada168 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 12:31 am
Yes, no purchase necessary for $5000 gift card or chocolate and 5$ Xmas coupon. But the $10 instant rebate must comes with $10+ purchase.
Even if you scratch $10, I think you can pick out something cheap first and they will send you back to find $10 worth of stuff. That's how it was when I scratched $100 last year.
Regular Price .................. :|
Sale Price ....................... :)
Sale Price with Coupon ..... :D
FREE ............................... :cheesygri
Nov 13, 2012
7 posts
1 upvote
since it says"no purchase necessary". Can I just give the card to cashier and get the chocolate without any purchase?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
1997 posts
227 upvotes
haiqing wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 9:46 pm
since it says"no purchase necessary". Can I just give the card to cashier and get the chocolate without any purchase?
Yes.
Apr 17, 2012
168 posts
12 upvotes
VANCOUVER
baldrick_ca wrote:
Dec 4th, 2012 10:22 pm
You can usually ask for A card from the customer service desk. I don't get flyers but I have enjoyed cake in the past.
Can anyone confirm? I never get flyers and always miss out on these little coupon event things.
× < >